Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT (1225 Views)

David Mark's Look When Amaechi Said He's Never Taken Bribe Before. (Photo) / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by aresa: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
For most of 2014, Marilyn Ogar, the spokesperson for Nigeria’s secret police, the State Security Service, SSS, cut out for herself a controversial portrait of a blunt security official who had no qualms issuing threats and attacking anyone or institution perceived to be critical of the Nigerian government.
In the heat of the August 9 Osun State governorship election, won by the All Progressives Congress, APC, Ms. Ogar alleged links between the party and bomb attacks, and narrated how SSS officials rebuffed N14million offered as bribe by an unnamed party – although her description fit the APC.
“A director in charge of election duties (security) was offered N4 million for himself and N10 million,” Ms. Ogar, a deputy director in the service, said at a news conference. “It is because the money was declined, that is why the certain political party is having a running battle with the DSS.”
She added, “Thank God the APC won the election; its loss could have been blamed on the DSS”, using the service’s alternate name.
Ms. Ogar assured that she and other SSS officials could not be bribed because the service provides a competitive reward package for its personnel, even before assignments.
“We are well paid, I will say it categorically, our operations are well funded. N14 million as against N200m that was spent, which one will you go for? The federal government and the people of Nigeria who have engaged us have the capability of taking care of us.”
Ms. Ogar was lying. Investigations by PREMIUM TIMES have confirmed the SSS spokesperson received bribe from government officials well ahead of the Osun election, and was indeed paid millions of naira at least two months before the polls.
PREMIUM TIMES could not however confirm whether the money was directly tied to the Osun election.
But in June, Ms. Ogar was treated to a special offer the Nigerian government utilises in appeasing dubious officials who are willing to play ball, and other Nigerians regarded as troublesome.

[b]Within government circles, the offer, which is a direct allocation of fuel products, is termed “settlement”.
“That is what the government uses if it wants to settle you. If you are settled once, you are made,” one source told PREMIUM TIMES.
Ms. Ogar was referred to the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, PPMC, a subsidiary of the government-run Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in charge of marketing and distribution of petroleum products.
According to elaborate details of the transaction obtained by PREMIUM TIMES, the PPMC was directed to allocate 10 trucks of DPK (Dual Purpose Kerosene) to Ms. Ogar.
The SSS spokesperson, accordingly met with the Managing Director of the company, Haruna Momoh, and the deal was struck between first and second week in June, this newspaper confirmed.
With little or no previous fuel marketing experience, and more importantly, without a registered company for that purpose, Mr. Momoh, who took charge at the PPMC in 2011, suggested the allocations be channelled through known fuel independent marketers who will receive the allocation, sell them and deliver cash to Ms. Ogar.
The SSS spokeswoman agreed, and the PPMC selected three marketers to deliver four, three, and three trucks apiece on her behalf.
An agent at the PPMC triggered text messages to the respective marketers. In one, sent by the coordinator of a private depot in Apapa Lagos via 08064387579, the firm wrote, “Please be informed management has approved three trucks of DPK to your company. Kindly make arrangement for payment. Thank you.”
To finalise the deal, the PPMC introduced Ms. Ogar to the three marketers and all sides agreed she be paid N1.5 million for each truck of DPK.
In all, Ms. Ogar was paid N15 million for doing nothing beyond meeting the PPMC boss having been recommended by the higher authorities to do so.[/b]
Ms. Ogar declined to respond to this story. She did not answer multiple calls to her by one of our reporters. She is also reply to a text message sent to her seeking comment.
Mr. Momoh too did not answer or return calls. Neither did he respond to a text message sent to him.
Third party bazaar

For the marketers, the deal was not a bad one as they received hundreds of thousands of DPK at N40.90k per litre.
For a 33,000-litre truck, as the average volume of fuel tankers is, that amounted to N1.345 million in purchase cost for each truck.
To enable them profit, the Nigerian government allowed the marketers the liberty to sell the fuel at any rate, as high as N120, to raise their profits after paying Ms. Ogar.

Ms. Ogar’s bazaar was typical of the rot in the marketing of petroleum products in Nigeria, the most infamous example being the 2012 fuel subsidy that cost the nation nearly N3 trillion.
While landing cost of fuel could be as low as N40.90k, registered marketers buy at far higher price than that, often in excess of N100.
Our investigations showed that the huge differential oils a complex web of official racket that allows top government officials settle their cronies, by using them as intermediaries who receive direct fuel allocations before re-selling to marketers.
The end cost is transferred to Nigerians who buy fuel at far more exorbitant rates.
Ostensibly to cover up the deal, Ms. Ogar and the PPMC chose not to issue routine documents for the transaction, but conducted most of the deal through telephone calls and text messages.
Our sources said the June allocation was neither the first nor the last for Ms. Ogar, a claim PREMIUM TIMES could not independently verify.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/179191-exclusive-sss-spokesperson-marilyn-ogar-received-bribe-before-2014-osun-election.html

It was kind of obvious she was grossly bribed and compromised because her illegal, weird, shameful and absurd actions..

Another GEJ crooked, corrupt and incompetent looter heading to Kirikiri.

Sad how GEJ destroyed and compromised all our government agencies...

5 Likes

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by akinsadeez(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
I'm not surprised. She is always ready to go to any length to harrass perceived opponents of the govt.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
akinsadeez:
I'm not surprised. She is always ready to go to any length to harrass perceived opponents of the govt.

The latest now is she has arrested the 2015 elections card reader supplier. He's been in DSS custody since 2 days ago.smh

http://www.nigerianfm.com/breaking-news-card-reader-supplier-in-dss-custody-press-release/
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
pic please!!!
show us a pic of her holding the money please.

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by oduastates: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
Another one to be sent back to the Creek

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by dunkem21(m): 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Piktures or you know na ..

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
shadowgwalker:
pic please!!!
So the op should tell marilyn ogar bring out the money they gave you,hold it on your hands,wait let me take pictures of you holding it,oya smile for the camera...YOU ARE DUMB!!!!

Wakacome

4 Likes

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by mytime24(f): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
Story for d gods undecided

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
No wonder she just dey run her mouth anyhow.
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by giantstrides(m): 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
I always knew, she looks like a thief, just like stella oduah.

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by omenka(m): 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
As much as I try to restrain myself from saying this, cos I was brought up better than this, I wanna say God punish Jonathan and punish Ogar twice as much! angry

Tell me why Ogar wouldn't keep singing like a crow when she already has her beak wet.

This man has done absolutely nothing but destroyed this country in every conceivable way. Imagine the rot that now pervades our security agencies. This is just the SSS, imagine what goes on in the Nigerian military, especially the army.

And someone says Jonathan is fighting corruption.

God I hate these people. So angry right now honestly. angry
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by fitzmayowa: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Oh God, when will all this bribe this bribe that news end How come DSS spokesperson bribe allegation is just making the news now

After march 28th we go rest hian!!!

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by omenka(m): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
Good evening Lalasticlala. angry

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Idokojimmy: 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
APC propaganda again.

Premiumtimes claimed d report is exclusive but couldn't provide papers approving d delivery and sales. As if allocations are verbally done.

They also arrogated so much powers to her as if she's d Oga at d top. No be mouthpiece she be that year? Abi na she d post people ni?

To me, she's just being hated for nothing. People hate women that are bold, courageous, firm, sound and blunt. African mentality.

So wetin them come give osun Resident electoral commissioner?

Oil well?

Wen facts dey, make una wake me up. ***yawning

1 Like

Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by aresa: 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
cry
Idokojimmy:
APC propaganda again.

Premiumtimes claimed d report is exclusive but couldn't provide papers approving d delivery and sales. As if allocations are verbally done.

They also arrogated so much powers to her as if she's d Oga at d top. No be mouthpiece she be that year? Abi na she d post people ni?

To me, she's just being hated for nothing. People hate women that are bold, courageous, firm, sound and blunt. African mentality.

So wetin them come give osun Resident electoral commissioner?

Oil well?

Wen facts dey, make una wake me up. ***yawning

Do you TaNoids try to out do each other to see who is more TaNoidish and unintelligent in the TaNoid world? grin
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by ishiamu(m): 10:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
oduastates:
Another one to be sent back to the Creek

Stfu punk
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 27, 2015
wakacome:
So the op should tell marilyn ogar bring out the money they gave you,hold it on your hands,wait let me take pictures of you holding it,oya smile for the camera...YOU ARE DUMB!!!!

Wakacome
yes! it's that simple. you don't just upload shi! online and expect everybody to read and believe. I'm a scientist boy, I believe only when I do my research.
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2015
shadowgwalker:
yes! it's that simple. you don't just upload shi! online and expect everybody to read and believe. I'm a scientist boy, I believe only when I do my research.
Mr scientist that had f9 in physics......Abeg park well jare make i see better people for road...dem dey talk A you dey talk B.

Wakacome
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
wakacome:
Mr scientist that had f9 in physics......Abeg park well jare make i see better people for road...dem dey talk A you dey talk B.

Wakacome
sorry to say, I had an  in physics, furthermaths and maths grin
the only F I got was in Technical Drawing because I forgot myself while staring at the supervisor's astonishing assets.

ôya get jealous!grin
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
No cause for alarm! She and mama piss will be bunk mates in kirikiri.

Silly woman!
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
shadowgwalker:
pic please!!!
continue
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by Ngwakwe: 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
Premium times and stupidity.

The news outlet forgot that the woman is only a spokesperson and not generally involved in actions.

Poor you.
Re: SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT by aresa: 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ngwakcorrupt and conflict of interest =32060246:
Premium times and stupidity.

The news outlet forgot that the woman is only a spokesperson and not generally involved in actions.

Poor you.

What's spokeswoman and corrupt public official taking bribe and graft got to do with her corrupt actions.

Sometimes I just wonder about you people's mentality and warped anti social thinking..

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba, Obi Jackson Fight In Anambra / Rivers State Populace Say No To 3rd Term / Amosun Leads In Four Out Of Five LGA Results Declared By INEC So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.