Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. (1322 Views)

Photos Of Acting President Osinbajo Presiding Over The FEC Meeting Today / Video Of A Presiding Officer Thumb Printing For APC In The Edo Election / APC Wins Sambo's Polling Unit - Announcement By Presiding Officer Abdulfatah Ali (2) (3) (4)

How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2015
was the cash processing officer situated at a particular area in the east. Notoriously know for it thugs and aggressive indigienes, i was scared but i felt i could pull this off and put things under control, i needed to be also smart about it, as a guy, i made my plans in my head on how i would organise and co ordinate the people in the best means possible.
I was the first to be taken to my post, everyone within the bus were corpers and we were give our materials to use and guard with our lives, but if the worst comes we should abadon all but try to keep the origina result.
I was to lead , with both my assistant who happen to be indigines were to help me. One of them was more like a judas he had collected bribe that the minority party should win by all means possible, i didnt know this , i trusted both of them.
I got more advice from this judas assistant, becos he had more experience and he was an indigine, while i took the lead on other things.
It all went well the people/ majority party won, as i counted loud for the people to hear. I wrote the result down in a piece of paper so that i could calmly write it down on the delicate result sheet.
I could sense my personal assistant was so uneasy, one time he will disapear then appear again, talking with some men at the distance then come back again. I asked him what was wrong but his sweaty face revealed his uneasiness.
Later he called me aside and revealed his intentions, he said he as been given thousands of naira to share with me that the minority party should win, that my share is 70,000naira.
I was horrified, as he told me they are waiting for my respond cause they are loaded with guns and knives to attack and his life or our lives are in danger.
I disagree to his request, and then i saw the devil in his eyes, he would do anything to stop me.
But i was not moved even though was scared.
The majority, the people present were already screaming for the result, as they suspected the delay was as means to change the results. So fearing trouble may rise, i quickly brought out the original result sheet at the people gathered to see what i was to write, some pointing hate fingers at my face that i was suspecious.
As i began writing the result, and as everyone looked, huge guys in all black, rose up from the crowd and the next thing i saw they grabed the result sheet, and as they squeezed it the youths in the area held them , i moved back from the comotion while old women began acusing me of riging. I did not have time to explain, as i saw youths with cutlass approaching from afar.
My judas assistant took off, while people were shouting ''corper thief''.
I looked into my phone and quickly searched for the police number given to us presiding officers, it was not going, the woman in charge of our protection and evacuation her number too was unreachable.
I knew i was in trouble.
My saving grace was an okada man who rode to my front as the armed youth approached, he told me to jump in his bike, as i did, he took off with incredible speed. As i held on to the remaining ballot paper. The bike man was just asuring me , i will be safe only if we could get to the police station not far from where we are.
We rode at increadible speed.
Just ahead of us we saw an old man who waved us down to give us information, and as we stopped, he told us some group of men in red jeep had barricaded the road and were waiting for us ahead.
I told the bike man to ride on , truly nit far from where we are we saw the huge thug men in jeep and pick up trucks, as we stoped , they ordered me into the car. I was frozen. But my bike friend was not afraid he zoomed of into the road at our left hand side, as we speed off, i looked back and i coule see the chasing us.
Finally they caught us.
I was dragged out from the bike. Held by my nysc shirt , and i choping knife was brought to my neck.
"We will cut your throat, you are nothing here, common corper,'' wasall they said as they also demanded for the result, in which i told them it was taken from me from the struggle, the held my neck, i could see guns and cutlass with them.
In a miracle the guy holding my neck left his grip and looked away as they were distracted.
I heard the bike man whistle at me, and bave me a eye sign to get back into the bike quick.
It was the longs most difficult situation i had ever faced, surrounded by those thugs, as i jumped in my bike friend zoomed off again.
Coper dey run, was all i could hear as they chased us from behinde , i knew if i was caught tjis time my intestine or brain would be all over the ground.
The bike man summoned me and pointed to a building up in front as he rode, '' thats the police station, once i stopped run inside.''
to be continued....

Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by ozoigbondu: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2015
millitary must be depolyed but your story sounds somehow it would have been better if you suplied the details

say no to election violence and fraud or you will be used as target dummy

Fellow Nigerians we implore you all to troop out this saturday in droves and

J=Join
O=Other
N=Nigerians
A=Achieve
T=Transformed,
H=Healthy,
A=Adorable
N=Nation

Let the transformation contuine.......GEJ till 2019
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari ma broda is d cause
Say no to fake change
Say yes to jonathan
Say yes to transformation
As ya vote for transformation may ya life be transformed and vice versa
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by MRLINGTON(m): 9:07am On Mar 27, 2015
U survived sha
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by lordthree(m): 9:07am On Mar 27, 2015
presiding officers always have a close shave with death or imprisonment during the elections, idk why people still go for election gigs

op this your story should be made into a movie oh, btw that okada man wasnt just an ordinary man
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Lies
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by remsonik(f): 9:29am On Mar 27, 2015
This story is a lie.....
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 27, 2015
its the truth. all am writting is the Truth there is even a path i fell into temptation with bribe. Just read.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 27, 2015
I ran leaving by bike helper to his fate as i ran towards the police station, with my kaki and nysc shirt the police officers came running out with their rifles. I ran through them as they directed my to a corner to hide. As o hid i saw the group of thugs arrive the station with there vechicles. They were not deterted , neither were they afraid of the police, they came down from their c
vechicle and walk straight towards the station boldly like the terminator, and ordered the police to move from there sight.
The police stood their ground and commanded them to move back. A police woman was with me inside the room i was kept. As i could see fear and alertness in her eyes. All she could tell me was to stay put as i would be safe.
I held on to the ballot paper.
Shaking like a leaf. I must confess was scared i would be killed and my parents would have to .....
While i stood in the room and the police guard the entrance , and the thugs wakt for their chance to strike , i prayed within.
Hours passed and the tactics was to let night come and i would be smougled out without the killer thugs knowing.
As i stood, the thugs would go over to my window, look at me amd walk away, just to make sure their target who happens to be me, never leave their sight. Other presiding officers arrived from different location, and stayed at the police station.
The plan was while its dark , a bus would be parked in front of the police station and as the other corpers enter i would be sneeked into the bus too.
Well if it will work i didnt know i just wanted to head to the main building were we where to present our observation, and give our result to the officers in charge of inec.
I sucessfully entered the bus, sat at the back, and prayed. Other corpers covered me.
The police offcers had already yold me how notorious the tnugs were and they will stop at nothing to make sure either they kill me or nothing.

A single police officer was to ascort us, can you believe, just one.
And we were carrying results from different polling stations. The indigines of the area who wanted the protect there vote followed our bus by bikes while the people who wanted to get their hands on me followed by vechilcles.
As we moved through the darkness, it was a one hour journey on top speed, we were followed roughly from every angle. All the corpers were praying, and dead scared of their lives , regreting ever taking up such task.
Just then my phone rang, i picked it up and a man at the other end of the phone, mention my full name, and asked if i was the one he was speaking to, i said yes. And he asked were i was, i liee i had traveled to another state, barked in anger that i was lieing. And that whether am in the bus, i said no, he said he wil like to see me. Then i cut off my phone.
Other corper knew they were tracking me down. And more fear arosed , even the lone police officer was scared , cause they could burn us all in the vehcile of kill us all.
Just then the un expected happened, our engine stopped all of a sudden in the middle of no where. As the thugs surrounded our bus, no where to run now. We held our breath...
To be continued...
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 27, 2015
Our driver brought out his phone and called for a back up bus, and help from men from the police force. Our only ascort police man hsd cocked his gun and came down from the bus, he stood by the door, closed behinde him as our driver trying continuously to start the engine, but it failed all the way. Our only saving grace was the faithful, devoted indignies that stood to protect us and their vote.
The female corpers were shaking, scared of the worst, rape, death..
It was the longest moment in my life.
As the thugs flash their touch at us. I hid under ad a friend use ballot materials to cover me.
Just then my phone rang, i quickly as much as i can switch it off. As it sound rocked the silent of the nite.
My heart beat rose.
Just then a bus arrived to our relieve, as the indigines made wsy for it to be pack by our broke down bus, it was parked in such a way we dont need to step down from the bus all we need to do is open the door and jump in the other bus.
Then we were on our way again , at too speed, followed roughly again from behinde.
As we arrive the building were we where to submit our result, were so much relieved. The officers at the building(have forgotten what the building is called, but its a local govermsnt building) came all out including police men to reach us, they had been told on whag happened. I was again whisked away in the building and kept their for further investigation.
I was called into the '' court room'' were the officers incharge of colating result sat around a rectangular table, i was told to write a statement of what went on at my post.
I was given the materials needed and as i walked towards a lone room to write, a top politian stopped me along the corridor, i looked at his face and i could recognise him, he was the man competing for the position in my area or voting , he was the person that lost the vote in my area and he was the one that made his men disrupted and tore the result.
I said i wants to have a word with me, tnat he was sorry for our his boys manhandled me, he said he wanted to know whag happened at the area.
Little did i know he had other motives.
To be continued...
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by ukukaegbu(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Sounds more like fiction.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2015
its not friction, i choose not to name the state, the party or anybody. It was the most dramatiic moment of my life..
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 27, 2015
Fearlessly i followed knowing he cant do anything stupid,s people, police and corpers wer all in the large compound.
I saw his boys/thugs, they were all looking at me.
This politian parked his bmw car at the center of the compound, as he lean on his car, i stood and explained all tnat happened and how he lost and how his boys behaved.
He listened like he cared and asked me whag was the next thing, i novicely told him, i wanted to write a statement. Can you believe me, i was so dumb.
He opened his car door, signed i should look, inside , i did and saw on the car seat three wraps of 1000naira, which is nothing more than 300,000 thousand naira.
(No matter what happen my people never you accept bribe, or fall into the temptation of collecting it. You wil lose your dignity, right and will. Well i had to learn the hard way.)
I first thought about wat 300k can do for me, and how its just a quick money.
I look at him and he said,i should write in favour of him in my statement, that he won and the other party lost and caused the trouble.
(Am ashamed to say this but i took it, but with a different plan, and that i was still going to write the truth in my statement, and still spend the money.)
I took it, and pocket it.
Went straight to the room i was to write my statement, and instead of doing as i was told by the politian, i wrote the truth. But either way , i was going to be in trouble...
To be continued...
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by ukukaegbu(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2015
ebuetor:
its not friction, i choose not to name the state, the party or anybody. It was the most dramatiic moment of my life..

Ok. Anyways, I like how you react to opposing views, without insults and quarrel.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by tociano009(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2015
Waiting
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2015
I wrote the truth on paper i was so scared, i knew if he finds out am dead, cause have collected a bribe. I was even tellin myself , when have i become a bribe collector, how with all my home training i fell for this, that normally i could swear never to indulge my self in, but the devil took my mind and i was already in trouble even before the trouble started.
As i finished i quickly entered the court room and submited the ballot box which contain the evidence and the statement contain the truth.
As i stepped out from the room, i met the politian, he held me tight by my arm and asked if i had done as he said, i lied again, that i have written to his favour. He smiled an evil grin and node by saying ''good boy''.
As i sat to rest and feel my liitle money dangling in my kaki combat pocket trouser, i over heard this politian screaming at the top of his voice in the court room abt how he had won and was discriminated at.
Everyone including the officers who have read the true word of my statement tried invain to calm him down.
The politian later called me , infact he ordered me like his servant, to , ''come here. Where is the corper boy, i said come here.''
I stood on my feet my heart beating, as i everyone watched me enter the court room.
Everyone was silent.
I stood beside the politian.
The politician ranting in anger faced me infront of everyone present, and asked, '' Corper, who won at your station, me or the other party?''
There was total silence as all head turned to me.
I knew the officers had read my statement of the truth that this politian lost and how his thugs manhandle the result. But what i didnt tell them was my secret agreement with the politian and that the swollen pocket in my kaki trouser were filled with money....bribe from the same politian.
If i say the politian won, the officers would bring out my statement and the ballot evidence. And i will be arrested. Or charged.
But if i say the truth the politian will kill me, as i have double crossed him.
To be continued....
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 27, 2015
All i could open my mouth to say was ....
" please , please lets end all these comotion, i beg''
i was already sweating.
The whole court , instantly continueed with their duty , knowing i didnt give any answer but they know the truth from my statement.
The politian stood, shocked , looking at me, for lik what i could say a minute or so. He ordered me to follow him.
As i folllwed behinde his back, i began to reflect about my parents teaching, my relationship with God, my future ...everything, i threw away just becos of 300k. I must return it and get my freedom back, i thought to my self.
He spoke in a dilect i could not understand to his boys, as his boy all shouted with hands on their head, looking at me as if to strangle me there.
He commanded, ''get into the car''
i was not scared anymore, i knew the only solution to my freedome, right and power, was to give back the bribe. So i entered. While his boys surrounded the car.
"Tell me the truth what did you write in that statement?'' he asked pointing a finger at my face.
I didnt knw hw the courage came but i told him,'' i wrote the truth. All that happened. That you lost.''
He voilently hit the steering, angryly with a loud voice, ''YOU ARE A FOOL. A JONCE GUY. YOU ARE A FOOOOL"
As he said that, i deeped my hands into my pocket and pulled out the three wraps of 1000naira note and placed it close to the gear. He looked at me with deep hatred, holding the steering tightly and murmuring nonsense.
As he took a deep breath. I opened the car door as his biys gave way for me and as i walked out of them , i feel my right, power and freedom come back, my voice was set loose.
As i walked towards the building.
But the trial was nit over, he ordered his thugs to look for my , drag me and kil me.
I got to know of this as i hid in fear in anither room and i could see his thugs roaming around the corridors rooms looking for me. The time was 11pm. I had not eaten a thing since mornkng i left my room for the excercise.
My friend a corper came into the room as i shut him up and explained the situation of things. He came back telling me its true that the thugs were all looking for me. By his time of the nite everyone had gone, and only a few people were in the buildeings, all Other corpers had left since 9pm, after their result had been submited.
My friend lead me to a small toilet with an open window and we climbed through it into the bushy field at the back of the building into a bush football field. From this distance we could spot all the thugs with touch looking for my frantically, as we lay down low, in mosquitoes, and prayed they dont get the idea of entering the field , a perfect place to kil Us both.
Few hours later while my friend slept, i keot watch for fear. It was 2am the next day.
The thugs entered their vechiles and drove off speedily out of the compound.
I remain there till 6am, woke my friend as we rise from the bushes and into the street, first bus , and home i went.
Opened my room door, slumbed on my bed , i sworn from my experience never, EVER to sell my rights or fall for greed again, and thanking God in the process for his merciess.

To all youth corpers please do THE RIGHT THING. Your life and dignity is more precious than what any politian can offer.
Thanks for reading my experience.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Hawx(m): 12:33pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nice job!
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by olu4life(m): 12:45pm On Mar 27, 2015
Wow!!! Took my time to read it all. Dude u try o
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Brimmie(m): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
Corper Dey Run!! grin grin

Interesting !!

The PU I be presiding over tomorrow is an Open Space.

Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by gnykelly(m): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
you need to write a book.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by CoCoLav(f): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
Whew!

Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
Lies everywhere. After we will say its only politicians that lies.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
lordthree:
presiding officers always have a close shave with death or imprisonment during the elections, idk why people still go for election gigs

op this your story should be made into a movie oh, btw that okada man wasnt just an ordinary man
well i will say the bike man is just an ordinary concerned brave man that God touch to create an escape for me. Least i forget he waited at the police station with me, till evening , he was so concern, i saw him through the window and had to give him 500naira for my escspe from being lynched. I sent the money to him through one of the officers. He collected the money. After sometime he left.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
gnykelly:
you need to write a book.
am not good at writing friction, but real life experiences. With writing friction, you have to wait for inspiration to write but with reality you just flow and it as a quick end.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by gnykelly(m): 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
ebuetor:

am not good at writing friction, but real life experiences. With writing friction, you have to wait for inspiration to write but with reality you just flow and it as a quick end.
you better start jotting everything you conceive. in five years time you will be amazed.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by activefibre1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
ebuetor you have not answered my question in your other post?
Re: How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 01, 2015
activefibre1:
ebuetor you have not answered my question in your other post?
ok i will

Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! / Opinion: Why I Am Now For Jimi Agbaje: Former Ambode Supporter / If You Became A "One Day President Of Your Country", What Would You Do?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84