Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! (1325 Views)

Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. / The Whole Oba Of Lagos Episode Was A Well Acted Script By The Oba & Igbo Ezes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
That a couple has successfully stayed together for many years, probably even decades, does not necessarily mean they are united and one. There could have very serious issues cooking from the under. A lot of marital crashes result from couples denying the fact there are issues to be ironed out. In life generally, pretense could be dangerous in the long run. Needless to say, its just a question of time before before the cookies crumble. Marriage is one institution where people pretend a whole lot. Many marriages are barely surviving. The stigma that often follows a divorce is one main reason some marriages are still intact- at least to the eyes of the people; many couples have already disconnected both spiritually and emotionally.

I'm not a marriage counselor; just used to buttress the main point in this short message. As a nation, our situation is akin to that of couples pretending there are no issues even when there are lots of issues to be addressed and sorted it out. That pretense could be fatal in the long run!

OBA OF LAGOS AND HIS LAGOON SPEECH

I don't intend to say much here. The atmosphere is already tensed enough. The King must have learned his mistake; Ambode has condemned the talk. We all have learned a thing or two from this infamous speech. Words are powerful; they can build and also destroy. Almost all wars begin with words. Once the words leave our lips, there is NO recalling them. We may be mean exactly what we say, but our hearers and audience may choose to interpret our words the way they like. We are not in control of the meaning people gives our word; we can only control our words. Lets move on!

NIGERIA NOT YET A NATION!

This is the main purpose of this article. And its my desire that we be patient and mature enough to see my point. Nigeria is yet to be a nation in the truest sense of that word. The great Awolowo once described Nigeria as a MERE GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION. The recent war of words that greeted the hate speech from the Oba of Lagos further gave credence to that fact that as it, Nigeria is a mere geographical expression.
Nations are built when a people agree to live in peace and harmony. Nations are founded on certain sacrosanct rules of engagement, willingly entered into by all the various inhabitants. The corrupt British forged and amalgamated this nation for their demonic and selfish interests. One hundred years later, we are yet to agree on any single matter. The hate and intolerance amongst us is just terrible. Everyone pays more attention to their tribe than that of the nation. Lord Lugard eehhhnnn!!!!

THE WAY FORWARD

I'm trained to be a solution-person, rather than a problem-person. I deliberately refused to spend more time stating our problems; we all know our problems. Anyone who denies that fact is living in a castle of delusion. The 2014 Confab wont solve our problems; it was not sovereign.

If don't address these issues, we are simply going to handover a confused and problematic country to our future generations. Lets quit deceiving ourselves. The current system WILL NEVER WORK!

We need a referendum. We must renegotiate our terms of engagement. The INDIVISIBLE nonsense must be removed from our Constitution. We must go for a referendum.

CONCLUSION

I do not value population like I do personal fulfillment and a decent life. Everyone is entitled to a dignified life. We shall leave earth with NOTHING. If a renegotiation will result in a division, so let it be. Whats the population of Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, etc? Arent people there living decent lives?

If a people still shout WE'RE ONE NIGERIA after 54 years, then the nation isn't ONE, but a huge and gargantuan FRAUD!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by lomprico(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Achebe talk am oh!

1 Like

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
lomprico:
Achebe talk am oh!

He was right. It's the only way out of this mess! No other way!
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by AgentMS: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
There can only be "One Nigeria" when there is mutual respect.

You can not be living in my region and be insulting me and you expect me to be hailing you.

They can do that to the minority ethnic groups in SS, definitely not yorubas.

This are people that built empires, fought wars and conquered lands, that some people's forefathers never achieved. They will now call the sweat of my forefathers No Man's land and I should be applauding them because of ONE NIGERIA.

Mba, it can't work that way. Respect and being accommodating must be reciprocated in full measures.

4 Likes

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:

You can not be living in my region and be insulting me and you expect me to be hailing you.

This are people that built empires, fought wars and conquered lands, that some people's forefathers never achieved. They will now call the sweat of my forefathers No Man's land and I should be applauding them because of ONE NIGERIA.

Mba, it can't work that way. Respect and being accommodating must be reciprocated in full measures.

You're obviously limiting my article to the latest lagoon saga. You need to look beyond it to actually realise we need to address our nationhood.
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by saintikechi(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:

am sure you are a tenant in lagos, and your boss at work is an igbo man.

No wonder you are mad.

5 Likes

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by AgentMS: 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
saintikechi:

am sure you are a tenant in lagos, and your boss at work is an igbo man.

No wonder you are mad.

Your father's father cannot lace my shoes.

You think everybody is like you people that entered lagos with red mud tainted sandals.

3 Likes

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Op Nigeria cannot be divided because of the ibos only. It is impossible! The only reason we are not yet a nation is because of the segregationist nature of the south easterners. If they'd put in the amount of work the have done over the years into uniting instead of seperating, Nigeria would have become a nation.
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Op Nigeria cannot be divided because of the ibos only. It is impossible! The only reason we are not yet a nation is because of the segregationist nature of the south easterners. If they'd put in the amount of work the have done over the years into uniting instead of seperating, Nigeria would have become a nation.

Please, read my article again. This time, with a more ready mind to understand rather than to reply.
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Jwonder(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
OP d best is for Nigeria to just divide, cause an average Yoruba man see an Igbo man as competition. Everywhere in lag wat u hear frm dis yoruba people mouth is "Omo Igbo" did dis or omo Igbo did dat. When u are on top, you are bound to have enemies-- people who are envious of your position. They may try to hide it, but the right catalyst will push them to the yore. Mr. Akiolu (aka diarrhea mouth) is still in disbelief at the rate Igbo people took over Lagos after starting with only 20 pounds a few years ago. Envy is as dangerous as cancer. The election saga was only a trigger to air his frustration. He ain't seen anything yet.

PS: Yoruba's are saying people should not insult their Oba but it was cool for them to insult Jonathan.. Hypocrites!!!

3 Likes

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by saintikechi(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:

Your father's father cannot lace my shoes.

You think everybody is like you people that entered lagos with red mud tainted sandals.

just cos you are a tenant in an igbo mans house in lagos, thats why you are so mad.

3 Likes

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by AgentMS: 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
saintikechi:

just cos you are a tenant in an igbo mans house in lagos, thats why you are so mad.

Me, a tenant in an Igbo man's house?

Do they even have house at all? Bunch of noise makers.

Some of us are blessed from our forefathers generation.

3 Likes

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by quickly: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
If u come to some one area or town u shd humble ur self but d question is y only igbo out of the whole 250 tribe.

Just like Yorubas in Peckham even though there a large population they must do wat Charlie and I'm mama say or else dem they look for trouble nd they are biting the finger that is feeding them

2 Likes

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:

http://theafricansense..in/2012/02/yorubas-are-problem-with-nigeria-by.html?m=1

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/WHY_YORUBAS_ARE_NIGERIA-S_MOST/why_yorubas_are_nigeria-s_most_hateful_tribe.html
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Please, read my article again. This time, with a more ready mind to understand rather than to reply.

I hope you're getting some subtle information from comments on this thread and others...See the extent of hatred, bigotry, and mischief by posters here...

Mind you, no matter what you do here or outside; the system feeds from bigotry hence they won't allow any change whatsoever. Go and check proceedings from the confab and see those who feeds on these anomalies and who won't allow any change whatsoever.

thanks and nice evening boss...
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by OluwaChinenyenwa: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
There is nothing like one Nigeria.. The igbos hate the yorubas, the yorubas hate the igbos..
My dad's family stopped talking to him cause he married an igbo woman.. Nigerians are so foolish

1 Like

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I hope you're getting some subtle information from comments on this thread and others...See the extent of hatred, bigotry, and mischief by posters here...

Mind you, no matter what you do here or outside; the system feeds from bigotry hence they won't allow any change whatsoever. Go and check proceedings from the confab and see those who feeds on these anomalies and who won't allow any change whatsoever.

thanks and nice evening boss...

Bro, it's really depressing. I read with bewilderment how we are wired. I decode all the subtle messages.

Unfortunately, till we seat and renegotiate this mess via a referendum, we are in a rat race.

BTW, thanks for your contribution, and good evening too.
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by saintikechi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:

Me, a tenant in an Igbo man's house?

Do they even have house at all? Bunch of noise makers.

Some of us are blessed from our forefathers generation.

ha ha ha........ I guess they sleep on trees, a you rent the branches right?
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
saintikechi:

Why do you ibos talk like this? I as a yoruba boy have never been under an ibo man in Lagos in all my almost 3 decades on earth. Both my parents own houses in Lagos and I have mostly ibo tenants so I don't always understand why ibos think they are better than everybody. My brother the truth is that Hausa and Yoruba no be ibo mate for Nigeria so the fact that ibos hustle like mad for money doesn't mean they are better than others.

The Biafran War loss ensured that the ibos are a conquered tribe and much has not change since then as it is largely evident in our Socio-Political Set up. Ibos really need to pull back and develop the homeland. Alausa is full of Yoruba people and after this election, there will be a systematic disengagement of all ibos in Lagos State Civil Service, we might fill it up with other southern minority ethnic groups oooo but the ibos are gone!

Its a Cold War and its in Full swing.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by saintikechi(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Why do you ibos talk like this? I as a yoruba boy have never been under an ibo man in Lagos in all my almost 3 decades on earth. Both my parents own houses in Lagos and I have mostly ibo tenants so I don't always understand why ibos think they are better than everybody. My brother the truth is that Hausa and Yoruba no be ibo mate for Nigeria so the fact that ibos hustle like mad for money doesn't mean they are better than others.

The Biafran War loss ensured that the ibos are a conquered tribe and much has not change since then as it is largely evident in our Socio-Political Set up. Ibos really need to pull back and develop the homeland. Alausa is full of Yoruba people and after this election, there will be a systematic disengagement of all ibos in Lagos State Civil Service, we might fill it up with other southern minority ethnic groups oooo but the ibos are gone!

Shalom.

this mugu sounds like his king, ha ha ha ha................ That crap you just said, is old testament, we are in the new testament now. We will dominate our opressors, and eventualy throw your king into his lagoon. Ha ha ha ha..............
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
You guys need to tread softly and do so with love and tolerance!

Remember the Rwanda Genocide!
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Boss13: 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Here we have an ethnic group shy of exploring their potentials, envious of their neighboring ethnic group who is exploring and still exploring. A nation is not made of one ethnic group, it is a macrocosm of ethnic groups, different sets of people.

The constitution gives every nigerian the right to live anywhere and express themselves legitimately. That right is conferred on every nigerian citizen. Only frustrated souls blame their circumstances on the faults of another.

An ondo man born in Lagos can claim to be a lagos resident, but an Enugu man with Igbo ancestry cannot do the same. Shame. Both individuals are Lagos citizens and residents and have equal rights and opportunities. If you are mad, stay mad; if you are frustrated, be frustrated; if you are angry, stay angry, because your emotions cannot change anything.
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Shalom.
I hate it whenever "onye ofe mmanu" mentions anything about the civil war. you guys are cowards by nature that cannot stand a battalion of soldiers.
we fought the war with nothing and still survived.
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, it's really depressing. I read with bewilderment how we are wired. I decode all the subtle messages.
Unfortunately, till we seat and renegotiate this mess via a referendum, we are in a rat race.
BTW, thanks for your contribution, and good evening too.

No government will allow SNC because most likely the issue of self-determination will crop up...

You already know those who will want to go and those who wouldn't want it to happen yet they won't allow an egalitarian society...

Aside that true federalism will force some people to not see much of oil money again...which they can't afford to lose...So in all, the system has been wired to live in confusion and retrogression with incidents as these reigning supreme...
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

No government will allow SNC because most likely the issue of self-determination will crop up...

You already know those who will want to go and those who wouldn't want it to happen yet they won't allow an egalitarian society...

Aside that true federalism will force some people to not see much of oil money again...which they can't afford to lose...So in all, the system has been wired to live in confusion and retrogression with incidents as these reigning supreme...

I think it's largely due to the political ignorance of the masses. Everyone should choose their nationhood.

Bro, without true federalism, this nation will never see progress. The current system only feeds laziness and corruption.
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

I think it's largely due to the political ignorance of the masses. Everyone should choose their nationhood.
Bro, without true federalism, this nation will never see progress. The current system only feeds laziness and corruption.

Exactly boss...Unfortunately, these folks that claims to be politically more sophisticated than others are as guilty as their brothers that encourages feudalism...

How can an Aregbesola be owing 5months salary and his people aren't worried rather feel happy shifting the blame to Jonathan, while at same time a state like Anambra which is an opposition state and not oil producing state as well is increasing salary by 15% above minimum wage with prompt payment too...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by IGBOSON1: 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:

^^^How are the Igbos (post the uncivil war) segregationist in nature?
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Exactly boss...Unfortunately, these folks that claims to be politically more sophisticated than others are as guilty as their brothers that encourages feudalism...

How can an Aregbesola be owing 5months salary and his people aren't worried rather feel happy shifting the blame to Jonathan, while at same time a state like Anambra which is an opposition state and not oil producing state as well is increasing salary by 15% above minimum wage with prompt payment too...
It's rather appalling, especially the Osun state case. I don't want to delve too much into it.

I belive as people have a better understanding of political history, they shall take better decisions.

That a people have millions of people with certificates doesn't necessarily translate into their being thoroughly educated; education is beyond mere academics.

I don't wanna delve too much into that shaa....
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by IGBOSON1: 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

It's rather appalling, especially the Osun state case. I don't want to delve too much into it.

I belive as people have a better understanding of political history, they shall take better decisions.

That a people have millions of people with certificates doesn't necessarily translate into their being thoroughly educated; education is beyond mere academics.

I don't wanna delve too much into that shaa....

^^^But Yorubas' are supposed to be a sophisticated lot, so how comes they stuck with the very APC that's owing their civil servants up to 5 months salary, whereas in Benue the electorate that's in the same situation did the needful with PDP!?

It flies in the face of reason! undecided
Re: Oba's Igbo Hate Speech: Nigeria Not Yet A Nation! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^But Yorubas' are supposed to be a sophisticated lot, so how comes they stuck with the very APC that's owing their civil servants up to 5 months salary, whereas in Benue the electorate that's in the same situation did the needful with PDP!?

It flies in the face of reason! undecided

It beats me too. It beats me.

(1) (Reply)

More Underage Voters Caught / Amosun Sets To Create 'LCDA' To Enhance Development In Ogun State / Boko Haram Renames Group Now Islamic State in West Africa(ISWA).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.