Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Information Needed On The Nissan Sentra 2007/08 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Information Needed On The Nissan Sentra 2007/08 (1314 Views)

Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One / Anything Wrong With The Nissan Juke Model? / Cost Of Replacing The Nissan Primera 1998 Model Complete Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information Needed On The Nissan Sentra 2007/08 by salvo583: 9:52am On Mar 27, 2015
hello!! i will want to purchase my 1st car, and i have been eyeing the nissan sentra 2007 and 2008 model lately. what is bothering me now is the the CVT transmission system. Does CVT gives any tranmission problem? What is the average cost of maintenance like compared to other japanese makes? Pls any nissan user should give me proper orientation before i make my purchase
Re: Information Needed On The Nissan Sentra 2007/08 by nurey(m): 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
salvo583:
hello!! i will want to purchase my 1st car, and i have been eyeing the nissan sentra 2007 and 2008 model lately. what is bothering me now is the the CVT transmission system. Does CVT gives any tranmission problem? What is the average cost of maintenance like compared to other japanese makes? Pls any nissan user should give me proper orientation before i make my purchase

CVT or no CVT once you use the car as specified by the manufacturer you won't have a problem.

Seriously when I bought my car, I couldn't believe I read the car manual as bulky as it was, I read the hardcopy and also downloaded pdf version and read it from head to toe. Infact I can quote some chapters in each copy. So what you need to do is read the manual, it will tell you the interval of ATF change, what type of ATF to use, and how to use the CVT and other car maintenance tips.

Atleast the sentra has more appeal than the toyota corolla or honda civic, go for it bro.

1 Like

Re: Information Needed On The Nissan Sentra 2007/08 by salvo583: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
nurey:

CVT or no CVT once you use the car as specified by the manufacturer you won't have a problem.

Seriously when I bought my car, I couldn't believe I read the car manual as bulky as it was, I read the hardcopy and also downloaded pdf version and read it from head to toe. Infact I can quote some chapters in each copy. So what you need to do is read the manual, it will tell you the interval of ATF change, what type of ATF to use, and how to use the CVT and other car maintenance tips.

Atleast the sentra has more appeal than the toyota corolla or honda civic, go for it bro.
Thanks bro. what make is your car
Re: Information Needed On The Nissan Sentra 2007/08 by salvo583: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
nurey:

Thanks bro. what make is your car?
Re: Information Needed On The Nissan Sentra 2007/08 by nurey(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
salvo583:

Thanks bro. what make is your car?

I drive a toyota sienna 2000model, not a CVT though, but there are many cars with CVT transmission in Nigeria from the honda city, to the recent model of honda accord, nissan altima and maxima just to mention a few. The sentra is a good car but it also has close family competitors but I bet you, if you buy a good car and maintain it, in years to come you will be happy with your choice.

(1) (Reply)

Car Experts! Is This Possible? See Video.. / Someone Need Information About Chevrolet Aveo / PHOTOS: Car Speeding On The Highway With 3 Tyres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.