Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One (3555 Views)

See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon / Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car / Monster Car I Saw In Newcastle, United Kingdom Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by rickie4us(m): 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello House,
I want to buy a Tokunbo Nissan Altima 2007 model. Please, does anyone have info on this car? Who has used this car and how reliable is it?
Thanks
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Diportivo!!!! Come and explain grin
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by diportivo: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
grin grin grin

Op

Its not a car for ppl like us dat like to manage this and that

If u are boxed up,go for it
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by salvo583: 9:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
Its not a problematic car. I use the 2008 model which is the same. But that car needs to be babysitted mehn and replacement parts ain't as easy in the open market and that can be really frustrating which means its expensive than competitors. The issue you will surely face is the melting dashboard then the "kurekure" (anti-christ) CVT transmission is fragile although i have seen people using it for 5 years without problems in Nigeria. Resale value is very very poor. Asides that its "quite" dependable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by AdisaOwala: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2016
salvo583:
Its not a problematic car. I use the 2008 model which is the same. But that car needs to be babysitted mehn and replacement parts ain't as easy in the open market and that can be really frustrating which means its expensive than competitors. The issue you will surely face is the melting dashboard then the "kurekure" (anti-christ) CVT transmission is fragile although i have seen people using it for 5 years without problems in Nigeria. Resale value is very very poor. Asides that its "quite" dependable.

And you said it isn't a problematic Car...

I am sure you are probably planning to dash out yours or even sell it for peanuts.

OP : Dont go near those Nissan Series...either Maxima or Altima - they are the worst Cars in the history of Mankind!

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2016
AdisaOwala:

I am sure you are probably planning to dash out yours or even sell it for peanuts.

OP : Dont go near those Nissan Series...either Maxima or Altima - they are the worst Cars in the history of Mankind!

grin grin grin

Be warned You will soon be attacked by the nissan wailers grin

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
What is the spec? 4 cylinder or V6, is it manual transmission ,Automatic or the notorious CVT transmission.

You have to mention the year of manufacture too, lets be sure you bought a Nissan Altima and not a remodeled Bluebird. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
Congrats in advance , all cars have thier problems but some are MORE problematic than others.

Dont know if its the 2.5L altima your buying or the 3.5l, .If i were you I would go for the 2006 2.5l four cylinder (Fuel too cost na)

Pros of the Nissan Altima (Anything from 2005)

- Very affordable, Compared to Toyota , Honda and other Japo products

- Fairly easy to maintain, parts are affordable and available.

-Beautiful interior the girls will like it.

Now thats about the benefits you can get. cool

Cons
-Cheap Plastics in the interior even , typical of Nissan products like the xterra, pathfinder and what have u.
- poor turning radius

-2.5L engines are known to consume oil due to wrong installation of pistons at factory, but this has been resolved.

- The Altima needs premium fuel as its a performance car, which filling station in naija sell premium fuel? FYI ogogoro is good octane booster.

- Watch out for the transmission , the vehicle has a weak transmission cvt and auto are notorious for failing without provocation.

- Rust issues especially on the floor pan, check for serious body rust under the vehicle, trunk and bonnet.

- Crampy back seats, and small boot- hope your not too fat?

-Ground clearance too low, you may need to raise the car if you re to enjoy it on Nigerian roads.

If you re passionate about the car then you can manage these problems with a good mechanic or else simpler. Hope this is not your first car.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by coalcoal1(m): 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
salvo583:

thanks so much for this response. I really appreciate your contributions. I just hope I'm making the right choice cos I have been offered the 2009 model, 2.5l engine for a very good deal. I'm considering buying it soon
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by coalcoal1(m): 10:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
kaeforum:
Congrats in advance , all cars have thier problems but some are MORE problematic than others.

Dont know if its the 2.5L altima your buying or the 3.5l, .If i were you I would go for the 2006 2.5l four cylinder (Fuel too cost na)

Pros of the Nissan Altima (Anything from 2005)

- Very affordable, Compared to Toyota , Honda and other Japo products

- Fairly easy to maintain, parts are affordable and available.

-Beautiful interior the girls will like it.

Now thats about the benefits you can get. cool

Cons
-Cheap Plastics in the interior even , typical of Nissan products like the xterra, pathfinder and what have u.
- poor turning radius

-2.5L engines are known to consume oil due to wrong installation of pistons at factory, but this has been resolved.

- The Altima needs premium fuel as its a performance car, which filling station in naija sell premium fuel? FYI ogogoro is good octane booster.

- Watch out for the transmission , the vehicle has a weak transmission cvt and auto are notorious for failing without provocation.

- Rust issues especially on the floor pan, check for serious body rust under the vehicle, trunk and bonnet.

- Crampy back seats, and small boot- hope your not too fat?

-Ground clearance too low, you may need to raise the car if you re to enjoy it on Nigerian roads.

If you re passionate about the car then you can manage these problems with a good mechanic or else simpler. Hope this is not your first car.

Good luck.

wow.... thanks for this info
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by salvo583: 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Camry 2007-2011 suffers from the dashboard problems. Even the Rx330 and acura tsx. So thats not a very big issue.
CVT is now a typical japanese transmission by default. Toyota, Honda, Suzuki and Subaru are using it in their models so if u will use a japanese car by 2020 get ready for that.
The 4th generation altima is still more reliable than the 3rd generation IMHO
@OP. My altima has plied Ijebu-Ode to Benin road over 12 trips without any hiccups and my Mum's ever reliable camry bleeped up after about 4 trips. Just save urself from any wahala and use the cars you see people are using well like the Toyotas
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by rickie4us(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2016
Hmmm ... where do I even start from? I want to thank all the contributors to this topic for their invaluable insights. I am to seal up the deal by Tuesday next week and the major attraction for me is the flexibility of the payment option that I was given for this car. I have done a test drive and it is really smooth. I've met only two people so far who have used this car and none has told me he has encountered major problems, just the regular car issues of servicing, replacement of parts, et al. I have checked out the Toyota counterpart of this car, the Camry 'Muscle'. It is pretty expensive buying one at this time considering the present exchange rate.
More contributions are welcomed please. I really appreciate you all. Thanks
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by SamuelTaiw0(m): 3:54am On May 13, 2022
@OP, how was the car? I'm considering buying one and won't mind if you share your experience with it..
Re: Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One by doggedfighter(f): 6:33pm On May 14, 2022
salvo583:

(1) (Reply)

Which Should I Go For Between Lexus RX 350 & ES 350 Both 2007 Model? / Car Tips: How To Troubleshoot Catalytic Converter / Car Review: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.