Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

The Easiest Way To Uploaed Your Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Easiest Way To Uploaed Your Website (668 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / The Easiest Way To Get Google Adsense Account Approved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Easiest Way To Uploaed Your Website by astronp7(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2009
How long does it take you to upload your new websites?

For me this run into hours (depending on the size of site and the speed of my connection). I usually use the likes of coreftp to upload my site. But not any more.

After some work I did on a blog, I stumbled on a method that now takes me 5 - 15 min.

How?
- I now zip up the files and folders that makes up the site (just the way on which it was developed)
- Use the ftp feature @ cpanel > File manager > upload to transfer the zipped files to the appropriate location on my server within minutes.
- Then extract the files (Select zipped folder > Click extract > ok)

And that gets it done. There may be other ways, but this fast any simple. You may wish to give it a try.

All the best.
Re: The Easiest Way To Uploaed Your Website by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2009
I hav an upload script that works for cpanel - all u need to do is upload the file just wit regular php upload, but if the file is a zip file - it will unzip it automatically immediately it uploads - it works just like the cpanel file manager except that it is faster and lighter.

It supports multiple uploads,

(1) (Reply)

Graphcard Funding Please: / Web Designer/developer Needed Urgently / Adsense! We Can Earn More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.