Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,318 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? (1280 Views)

Parents Disapproval Of Yoruba Guy And Black American Female Relationship / Please Is This Home Furniture Out Of Class? / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by LadyDee1(f): 11:57am On Jan 21, 2009
Hey nairalanders,

Whats your opinion on dating someone who your folkes are adamant is not of the same social 'CLASS' as yourselves?

Do you think that is a major criteria for a relationship?

And, Do you think that is a good enough reason for your parents to completely object for your marriage?

If so give your reasons and if not I trust you guys will still voicce it!! kiss kiss grin wink
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by waleab: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2009
you bet they will. it is mostly wahala not worth the agroo
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by tboy1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2009
It depends on which scenario:

1: You are in a better class than him but he's got a bright future i.e hardworking, got a degree and working.
Scenario 1 is a NOT a good reason for your parents to completely object your marriage You have to convince them, if they don't agree with you, you have to decide on what will make you happy not your parents - They will eventually come around

2: You are in a better class than him but he's doing yahoo yahoo, not got a degree and not working.
Don't bother yourself - It wont work
Scenario 2 is a good enough reason for your parents to completely object your marriage
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by Taken(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2009
Regardless, some typical 9ja parents will still be snobbish and this is very common in 9ja.

Parents should be more concerned about finding the right person rather than what is right on top of their noses.
A long time ago, great dreamers were called mad men/women cus they talk of things yet to come which they eventually achieved. Parents should never talked down anyone, it is outright wrong, but suggestions with reasons would help.
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by Outstrip(f): 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2009
If you asked me this same question a few years ago I will asy what is the big deal but class matters. Then again it also matters how you define as class
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by tRoOE(f): 1:04am On Jan 22, 2009
LOL my parent doesn't really have a say in who i date or not
@poster
Can you kindly define "class" in term of relationship?
I hope you are not talking in term of wealth undecided
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by LadyDee1(f): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2009
Nah im not talking in terms of wealth,
Im talking in terms of social status, in terms of education, etc,
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by LIMUEL(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2009
It does count. The two of you will have social differences which will impact negatively if not now surely in the long run.
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by ifyalways(f): 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2009
@lady Dee,na your eye be this? shocked shocked shocked after that your "super" thread u just disappeared cheesy welcome back.
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by LadyDee1(f): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2009
grin grin grin grin
My Dear thank you Ooo!!

Im back and here to stay!!! cool cool kiss kiss
Re: Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? by Taken(m): 1:53am On Jan 23, 2009
*** Nah im not talking in terms of wealth, Im talking in terms of social status, in terms of education, etc, ***

What is social status, is it not what we allowed in our lives that bothers us most?
What about education? There are those who have no college education but are truly educated, and there are those we are educated only in paper and not in the head.

Nature has taught us lots of things, such as "Inu ikoko dudu ni eko funfun ti n jade wa.
As a very educated man with high place social status, would you pass up a woman that is priceless cus you want to keep your social status?
As a woman, would you say cus this guy (unknowingly this guy will become a wealthy king shortly after marriage) is not educated enough, he is not fit to be my hubby?

(1) (Reply)

Mother Being Called Aunty / Shocker!! Mother Place New Born Baby For Sale On Olx For N68,000!! {photos} / I Hope People Still Know These Aren't Right, Esspecially Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.