Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,284 members, 7,867,754 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

A Nldrs Msg to Nigerians on violence and The 2015 Polls. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nldrs Msg to Nigerians on violence and The 2015 Polls. (309 Views)

Blackouts, Violence And Now Recession: Nigeria’s Troubles Mount - Bloomberg / 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East / 2015 POLLS: Ex-militant BOYLOAF And Thug GANI ADAMS Hold Secret Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nldrs Msg to Nigerians on violence and The 2015 Polls. by Firmjudge(m): 12:29pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dear Nigerians.

The 2015 election is around the corner and there are fears and tensions of another post-election violence as it was experienced during the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections. Personally these fears are normal as one cannot underestimate the psychological effect previous occurrences have on its victims seeing that most attacks were targeted at a particular people from a divide in Nigeria i stand and condemn those acts even though i come from the region were these violence were perpetrated against others.

Let me remind my fellow Nigerians that as we go to the polls, let us not be sentimental in thumb printing but be wise for the sake of the future of this nation we should seek to elect those who the future will point back at us and say well done.

Let us not look at the office of the president alone as the major thing but instead we should also look at our houses of assembly, representatives and gubernatorial offices and seek to vote those who will not swing the victory in their favour and steal public funds without remorse.

In connection to the above, i hereby remind my fellow citizens that electoral violence is not found in countries like the USA, Ghana, Benin Republic, Tanzania and other countries’ we often call common but in reality they are not common when it comes to election as they display simple maturity that is what we should strive to achieve so as to write our name on the walls of the Nations without post-election violence.

To my fellow Nigerians violence, killing and maiming only belongs to the savages and senseless bigots who have no place in the 21st century therefore, in all our doing let us seek to love our neighbours first irrespective of our divides.

As for those who have planned to create mayhem without thinking twice, remember that research has proven and is still proving that the people you are violently fighting for have their children outside the shores of Nigeria and they will never bring their children to fight for them yet you accept to be

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Plea For Peace / Thread For Nairaland INEC Election Observers / See Tips To Guide You During This Election Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.