Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,776 members, 7,817,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means (1150 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? / Come To Think Of It, Hope This Is Not What MMM Means? / Finally GCR COIN Has Gone Puplic. Which Means More Money To Be Made. Join me now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means by charismaticdave(m): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
Lots of Nigerians presently live above their means, in terms of lifestyle, in terms of dressing, just to mention a few.
A typical Nigerian mostly believe that when he/she dies, that's the end. No legacy, nothing to be remembered for. This has made integrity eroding in the society which has made greed, corruption and lies to rule the country.
People tends to appreciate success even if they don't know the source of the said wealth. Success to a Nigerian is not how much you have invested but how much do you have at hand.
People wants to see how much your ride is worth? how beautiful is your wife? how much do you spend in the club. which has made people to start living fake and false lives in other to impress others, when all they should be worried about is how to impress themselves.
A graduate that doesn't have any means of income in Nigeria will be waiting for the government to start distributing monies or jobs when he/she can start up something little on her own. And when the job is finally gotten and the pay is 50,000 naira. the individual has prepared a personal budget of 75,000. which will make the person on worried on how to get the extra 25,000, which will either result in stealing of public funds and term it smartness. And anyone that wants to chart his/her own way in life is either called a fool, a dullard or not smart enough.

To this end, i implore all Nigerians to imbibe the culture of financial literacy or financial prudence in other to become better in life.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means by Icocop101(m): 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
I totally agree with you,like the scriptures say: My people perish for lack of knowledge!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means by Icocop101(m): 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
I totally agree with you,like the scriptures say: My people perish for lack of knowledge!

Illiteracy is a big cankerworm that is eating deep into the lives of promising Nigerians and the society.

GOD deliver us!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means by eddyline(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
in addition, Nigerians do not imbibe the culture of savings. as a result, we are unprepared for the rainy days.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means by manutdadex(m): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
OP I beliv u be got the Yoruba race spot on!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live Above Their Means by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Good 1

(1) (Reply)

. / Solution To Fake Proof Of Payment In Mmm / Drama... GH Request Cancelled On MMM Again After Reopening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.