Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:25 AM

Pray For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pray For Nigeria (722 Views)

Igbo Traditional Rulers Kneel Down In Abuja To Pray For Nnamdi Kanu's Release / Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria / Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Nigeria by toshmann(m): 5:02am On Mar 28, 2015
PDP, APC, independents and i-dont-care citizens, today, let us vote peacefully. Let us pray for peace. Today someone will win the election and someone will "not win" (i refused to use thebword lose)

Pls let us pray for peace. Muslims, xtians, atheists etc. nigeria belongs to us all, its been a very exciting 2 months of campaign and its shenanigans. Now let us unite as a nation and pray for peaceful elections. If we engage in violence, we all loose regardless of party affiliation.
I want GEJ to win, BUT if GMB wins, i eill accept him as president and pray for him. Nigeria belongs to us all.
Na all of us waka come
God bless Nigeria
Re: Pray For Nigeria by visionjoe: 5:10am On Mar 28, 2015
A FINAL ANALYSIS OF 2015 ELECTION
This is a final analysis of 2015 Election. Before I proceed, let me share you a brief story of this article. It was meant to be uploaded yesterday but Alas! I opened my document and it started stating some errors that I could not phantom their existence. In one word, it failed to open but after every trial to recover the content till about 2am today, I decided to compose another. The initial is a full six page analysis but I hope to end this in two pages. Before I proceed, the error that happened to the previous file showed the need for all faithful Nigerians to handover this country to God in prayers and supplication
Let me take a brief recall of the past. BOLA AHMED TINUBU unknowingly pioneered a CHANGE in the country when he briskly presented us a lawyer (BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA). It was his intention to secure his dominance in the state but it later turned out to be goodluck for the state as this young lawyer was bent on a “BETTER LAGOS”. His radical transformation in the state lead to the request of the party he flagged under (that is, ACN) by neighbouring South-Western states. Of course, BOLA AHMED TINUBU wasn’t expecting the way paved by the young lawyer but in response to the call of neighbouring South-Western States, he sent industrialists/career personnel who work with the Lagos State Government to pioneer “CHANGE” in their state of origin. As you all should know, these personnels are of high integrity who desire that their origin should be like the LAGOS CITY. They went with all zeal and set out to work hard. I saw a better replacement of the corrupted giant (PDP) especially when this party took over my state and many infrastructural projects gained momentum for the first time in a radical way but the hope of the young party growing in sincerity and integrity was dashed out when its godfather, BOLA AHMED TINUBU, who never had a vision of what young industrialist and Career Personnel had been running with, accepted the move to merge with other parties to defeat the corruption-laden giant (PDP). I was one of those growing politician who immediately withdrew my interest in the party immediately I heard those proposition and the rhetorical questions that filled my heart includes the following:
Has APC successfully put up a structure of its operation?
How a party would merge with some others and yet would not lose focus when it had not successfully put up his aims and objectives?
Are you telling me that other parties like CPC will sink their giants for young industrialists/Career Personnel to take over?
When a little drop of integrity falls into a large ocean of corruption, what effect does it have?
These questions and many more beyond the scope of my analysis today filled my heart but nevertheless, I remain muted and watch what would unfold of this new union. Of Course, my predictions saw the light of reality when the power hungry general (GMB) swept the APC primaries to emerge as the presidential candidate for 2015. I muttered in silence: “CHANGE INDEED”. Then, I could not help myself questioning the place of this young industrialist in the newly formed party. My answer was clear: they are become small boys as against their aged-father who now pilot the affairs of the party. I then hissed-off and proposed that we are not going to be fair if we would consider GMB fit to replace GEJ on the account of their source. Both are from a corrupted source but what matter now is individual analysis and weigh of personality. To support my point, can you compare exploits by the young lawyer (BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA) before the merging and after the merging? The answer is “NO”. Why? Some principles have been developed as a source of Internally Generated Revenue for the new party and they have to be sponsored by their members who hold key positions in the political realm of the country.
The weirdest thing happened to the party when Corrupt-Giant from PDP deflected to APC because they sense the tiny chances in retaining their seat for the next election. And yet, someone comes to the public to announce that APC is corruption-free without covering his face with his palms. Is it the past reputation of the party that carries the majority now? No! the present majority is corruption and it cannot be replaced by any other name than corruption.
My heart was so embittered by BOLA AHMED TINUBU selfish act to have accepted the merging and I came to the understanding that he was also hungry to get more power so that he can covert the whole country to his asset after discovering that when you remove his asset from LAGOS STATE, nothing is left. Things worked against him as Muslim-Muslim ticket posed a threat to his candidature. Now, the purity of APC is reflected in one of their godfathers and as a matter of fact the major man behind the essence and survival of the party. On further research, I discover that BOLA AHMED TINUBU was into CHANGE by chance because he had succeeded doing nothing serious during his regime as the Governor of Lagos State and had only taken glory on another man’s antecedent. The only things he did while he was on seat was conversion of public property to his private property and now he has nominated a corrupt son (AKINWUNMI AMBODE) to take over as against the nominee of BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA even when we all know that the corrupt son was forced to resign due to corruption. He recalled the challenge he faced in the early days of BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA’s regime and would not dare giving his loyalist a trial
Many accrued the quarrel to the fact that the Federal Government paid the money the previous administration didn’t pay to the state and BOLA AHMED TINUBU was asking for his share. Then I asked for the constitution that states that the governor of the state has a share of public funds. Yet, APC is full of men with integrity. Come to also know that OLUSEGUN OBASANJO was the one who refused to release funds to LAGOS STATE then and now he sings in favour of the ruling party of the state. I am sorry to say, OBASANJO is an old fool (Agba Iya). He behaved too childish. A self-acclaimed elder-state-man with no sense of humour. Baba, though I am from your state of origin, you are a disgrace to me and all race of Yoruba men. Oga, who is fooling who? Losing your godfatherism grip in PDP was a result of your pride and insincerity. Baba, you have right to come to the public and call PDP corrupt when you were one of the strong men that plunged it into corruption. You are a SHAME! You carry your pen and paper take write your resignatory letter and you think say na everyone go behave like a Yoruba man to come ask you why abi? If he pain you say you don loose grip, find a way to make it work, no empty seat in APC. And also, if you are doing this to make the Hausa nation think you support them, stop it! You are too old for those things. Speak in sincerity of your fatherland. You knew Buhari was better and you never stepped down for him when he contested against you. You even lead two other leaders outside yourself to the seat while the old man was desperate to seat on the presidential seat and prove equality with you as both an Military and a Civilian President
To all the APC fans, it is lack of integrity to say that GEJ has done nothing in the past 4 years. Don’t take after your present presidential candidate because he will surely come and go but the party remains. Try to uphold the standarf on which the ACN party was laid. The ACN never fed the party with propaganda before they won LAGOS STATE. Their exploits spoke for them. GMB is a man of integrity which I do not disagree but I need to ask you some questions: “Why did he contest 4 times without a WASSCE certificate when he knows that the minimum requirement for presidency of this country is WASSCE certificate?” “How did he get APC #24,000,000 form purchase fund when he has #1,000,000 in his account?” “Where did Aisha Buhari get the #153,000,000 she used to donate drugs victims of insurgency when her husband does not even have up to 0.01% of that money in his account?”
Charity begins at home. What are the works of GMB in Daura (His Hometown)? He simply lies under the auspices of #1,000,000 in his account to deceive everyone that he was incapacitated. The same GMB promised to implement Sharia law all across Africa with the present level of modernization? When asked at a conference, he referred to the constitution which was filled with Sharia law. Am I even sure he has read through his constitution. #ThatConstitutionNeedsAmendments
In 2012, he urged the Federal Government to stop killing BOKO HARAM after they had sent hundreds to their early grave. Under what mindset? He further appeal to the Federal Government not to be too quick to pass a notion on BOKO HARAM members and recently, he complain of the insurgency in aim to use it as a campaign strategy. If the Federal Government had followed his notion, nothing would have been done by now and yet he is being tagged as a man of integrity
In 1982, he decapacitated our Army in fear of a military coup and that affected them as they had to face the BOKO that is more than a million percent equipped than them and we expect them to overcome. If they were your children, would you sent them to war without weapons. Chief Buhari, have you ever sent your children to school without books and biro? After APC took over the majority of the house, it became a problem to pass the bill of $1,000,000 the Federal Government requested to fight insurgency and yet they expect foolish soldiers to go and fight armed terrorist with their fist. Everybody shouted GEJ’s name as regarding insecurity issue when GMB lies down in the North waiting to come and contest for another election. He never moved a motion to call their offspring to order but only called for mercy. As a matter of fact, BOKO HARAM chose GMB as their spokesman to the Federal Government which means that he has capacity to prevail but he didn’t.
He has promised us to stop BOKO HARAM. Is it using the military you once decapacitated or implementing Sharia law? SAI BUHARI!!!!
I complained of his old age but a quite number of people said it doesn’t matter. What were your comment about his recent flops in the full meaning of his flagging party and his vice-president’s candidate? What reputation will his ascension bring to a country loaded with professors and intellect? In this age, GMB is not even fit to be a minister of defense; he should better go and be an elder stateman like his fellow general. There is more room for him over there and he can contribute more to the growth and development of this country there
I don’t have more time again as I am already on my third page. It is left to Nigerians. Today, we are choosing our destiny for another half-decade. Our future, hope, destiny and survival are in our hands
Think wisely
God Bless Nigeria
#NigeriansDecides

ONNI, Joseph Yusuf
A Re-defined Politician/Human Right Activist and Sensitizer
Re: Pray For Nigeria by toshmann(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
Wow!

Anyways, let us just pray for peace in this elections and let us get ready to heal after so much verbal vehemence and vituperation agaibst each other in the last two months

Peace! Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

APC Failed Buhari In Nasarawa Presidential Election / Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari / Opinion Poll As Lagos Decides Their Next Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.