Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Bush Sympathy Thread - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bush Sympathy Thread (1409 Views)

Dynasty 'looms' In America As JEB BUSH Declares For 2016 Presidency / An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush / Blame It On Congress: Not Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2009
Booing George Bush yesterday during the inauguration was probably the lowest part of the event. I also feel Obama could have done more to compliment Bush during his speech under the new dispensation of conciliation.

Did Bush make mistakes? Yes . . . but would Obama have reacted differently to 9-11? Its easy to pontificate from our couches, its not the same when you are the person responsible for the safety of the world's most power nation on earth. Bush kept America safe for 7yrs . . . clinton had the chance to take out Osama and nip 9-11 in the bud but failed. Today he is feted and Bush is booed.

Bush has gone back to Texas, perhaps to be forgotten by the rest of us reveling in the inauguration of one who looks just like us but the honeymoon wont last forever as the enormity of what Bush had to face for 7yrs begin to hit home.

Bush, we may have hated you but there are certainly a few of us who think that you did a good job. It wasnt the best but you sure as heck did the best you could. God bless you former mr. president!

Hey, Laura . . . could you teach Michele a few tricks on how to wear a dress and look good in it? thanks.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by KarmaMod(f): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
Abeg jo. The compliment he gave him in the beginning was more than enough and what concerns Obama with the booing

Nothing was done when people were booing Obama and calling him an Arab at the rallies.

while I agree that Michelle's dressing standards are decreasing, I sure as hell wouldnt look to laura Bush and her Joker style make-up.

No one wears lipstick like that anymore.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2009
davidylan:

Booing George Bush yesterday during the inauguration was probably the lowest part of the event. I also feel Obama could have done more to compliment Bush during his speech under the new dispensation of conciliation.

Did Bush make mistakes? Yes . . . but would Obama have reacted differently to 9-11? Its easy to pontificate from our couches, its not the same when you are the person responsible for the safety of the world's most power nation on earth. Bush kept America safe for 7yrs . . . clinton had the chance to take out Osama and nip 9-11 in the bud but failed. Today he is feted and Bush is booed.

Bush has gone back to Texas, perhaps to be forgotten by the rest of us reveling in the inauguration of one who looks just like us but the honeymoon wont last forever as the enormity of what Bush had to face for 7yrs begin to hit home.

Bush, we may have hated you but there are certainly a few of us who think that you did a good job. It wasnt the best but you sure as heck did the best you could. God bless you former mr. president!

Hey, Laura . . . could you teach Michele a few tricks on how to wear a dress and look good in it? thanks.

Yes, true, seeing as all of those decisions which people are quick to criticise were made with the benefit of intelligence available to Bush that was not available to any of those criticising him today. He made mistakes, but we ALL make mistakes. He was unfortunate in the events that occured during his presidency, and the John Kerry election palaver didnt help either. However, all in all, I doubt that he deserves all the criticism that he went down with.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2009
Aboard the Bush Plane

- Link to article on Bush's last trip home on Special Air Mission 28000.

KarmaMod:

Nothing was done when people were booing Obama and calling him an Arab at the rallies.

There was little Bush could do about that. People however do have a responsibility to respect the office of the president no matter who occupies it.

Laura may appear matronly in appearance but she beats Michele hands down when it comes to dressing.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by 4Play(m): 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2009
davidylan:

Laura may appear matronly in appearance but she beats Michele hands down when it comes to dressing.

Laura always looks like her clothes were sewn together by an infant.

As for Bush, much of the sniping would be gone in the coming years as the economic and security challenges Americans face deepen. Who would still be talking of Bush when the unemployment rate reaches 10% and Iran goes nuclear?
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by KarmaMod(f): 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2009
4 Play:

Laura always looks like her clothes were sewn together by an infant.

infant abi malnourished hidden slave in the attic
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by SisiJinx: 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2009
Rotflmao!! Awww, this is not nice. . . the poor guy. I did feel sorry for him though, I don't understand why they had to boo him, it was so unnecessary. I mean they people got what they wanted already and his rating is at an all time low. . . What was the point??
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by TayoD1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2009
@topic,

but would Obama have reacted differently to 9-11?
Very good question. Here is what Bush had to say regarding 911. "As the years passed, most Americans were able to return to life much as it had been before 9/11. But I never did. Every morning, I received a briefing on the threats to our nation. I vowed to do everything in my power to keep us safe."

The same people he expended every political power he had to protect are the same people who now boo him. There were indeed misstep, but he did the best he could under the circumstances he found himself. Even Obama acknowledges the same.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by SeanT21(f): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2009
~~~Bush should be happy that he is leaving~~He should go and relax with his family on his ranch in Texas~~No None will miss him!!
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2009
I really sympathise with George Bush.

This was a guy 7 months into his tenure after bitter elections and they were trying to mend fences,

Terrosist struck!!!!!

The first responsibility as Commander in Chief of US is to keep the citizen safe.
Most of the good fortunes US enjoy as a superpower was threaten by terrorist and He had to react to save his people.
He took those decisions in the best interest of Americans.

No one would care about Economic progress in the country is not secure, If extreme Moslems decided to blow the country up.
I just hope Barack knows the enormity of what is on ground and this goes beyond sweet word and rhetorics.
The same people who hailed you are ready to stone you if he messes up.

If Bush had shown any sign of weaknesses and not acted the way he did, US would have been down and history would remember him as the president under whom the country collapsed.

Moreover his tenure coincided with the rise of EU and China. So US didnt have the monopoly they enjoyed in earlier years. Where developing countries willingly sold their economy for a few dollars. China and EU are now in contention for any available underpriced asset.
most US companies have to outsource staffing to other countries This is no fault of Bush either that labour is cheaper in Asia. SO job losses were invitable. China now has a virile middle class of over 400m (more than US population) so the equation has shifted.
I would hope Barack would not make history as the first black and Last president of the United States. Things look bleak from here
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by sleekp1: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2009
Its not for Nigerian Americans to shed tears cos Bush was booed. He was booed by real Americans, and he'd be booed when he ventures outside (very unlikely) America.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by KarmaMod(f): 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2009
sleek_p:

Its not for Nigerian Americans to shed tears cos Bush was booed. He was booed by real Americans, and he'd be booed when he ventures outside (very unlikely) America.

abi o. wetin concern agbero
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by 4Play(m): 1:08am On Jan 22, 2009
sleek_p:

People that shouted ''terrorist'' at rallies against Obama, are they ''unreal'' Americans?
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by sleekp1: 1:56am On Jan 22, 2009
4 Play:

People that shouted ''terrorist'' at rallies against Obama, are they ''unreal'' Americans?

When you said people I assume the obligatory 30 azzholes that attend every rally to cause confusion? The American nation just booed Bush from office, or which channel are you watching?
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by earTHMama: 3:09am On Jan 22, 2009
Bush is the man. He doesn't need your sympathy abeg.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Hauwa1: 3:42am On Jan 22, 2009
He should thank God the crowds did not start throwing shoes at him.

pursuing Bin Laden was okay but i hated it when the U turn came.

i just want the iraq and afghan war to be over.

i wish david is dodging missile inside humvee am sure he would'nt be here cooing Mr. Bush.

no hard feeling towards him i wish him well. . . but if possible as Pelosi said, he should be tried for war crimes.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by RichyBlacK(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2009
Bush and sympathy should not be used in the same sentence.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by spikedcylinder: 10:43am On Jan 22, 2009
Nawa for spirit of citizenry sha. So I guess you all voted for Obama then? cheesy
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Mpele(m): 10:57am On Jan 22, 2009
Davidlyan are you American or Nigerian.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Afam(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2009
Sympathy for Bush?

He should be arrested and tried for war crimes. That is the fair thing to do.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Lagosboy: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2009
Bush and sympathy is an oxymoron.

The guy desreves to be thrown into a zoo - specifically a lions den and let the whole world watch what happens.

People are making mistakes 9/11 is not what made the whole world hated bush rather it was the Iraq war. The war was illegal and death and destruction it brought catastrophical, Bush said " for the enemies wanting to fight us i say bring 'em on in iraq" How can a president say this kind of comments. His axis of evil speech was the begining of his foreign policy problems. Please this man is nothing but a failure and deserves to be booed , pity they didnt throw shoes at him.

can anyone name any of his achievements in foreign policy ?

Afghanistan a failure
Iraq a faiure
Guantnamo is illegal
US is the most hated country in europe under Bush
Palestinan - Israeli issue failure under Bush
Global warming failure under Bush
WTO summits failure under Bush

In fact Bush is just a man form the Bush with the brains of a Bush baby. He his failure personified.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by superboi(m): 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2009
war crime, the most hypocritical word in the whole world.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2009
Mpele:

Davidlyan are you American or Nigerian.

A nigerian who feels some sympathy for Bush. Any other questions?
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by toshmann(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2009
i will miss bush. this is a nice man who did his best for his country. most of the things he did, he had to do. 911 was bloody and he was in charge. he said it wont happen again and it never happened again on his watch. let's do a little analysis here . . since sept 11th  2001

terrorists hate america
they want to strike america again and again and again
they sruck in london
struck in spain
struck in iraq, india, pakistan, israel, saudi arabia, egypt, morrocco, indonesia, kenya etc, americans were attacked around the world, yet they did not strike in the US again

this man is a nice guy, forget chenney and rumsfield who used him. when he realised himself, albeit belatedly, he fired rumsfield to the chagrin of VP chenney. He trusted these guys, why not, these guys worked with his father. an effective regime that saw the end of the cold war. yet they failed him.

abeg leave the guy joo. God bless america. but if terrorist strike again under obama, these same people shouting close gitmo, will attack the democrats for being weak.

the economy . . . ? . . . . has never been good ground for republican white house
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by RichyBlacK(m): 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2009
superboi:

war crime,  the most hypocritical word in the whole world.

Because you questions man's inability to rise to the level of setting and abiding by rules even in times of war?

The art of war is a measure of the level of civilization of the belligerents. Respecting the rules of warfare is a sign that humans have moved very far from the crude barbarism that we have escaped from in the days when we weren't much different from the great apes. Man's continued evolution requires that we learn to see ourselves in every other homo sapien on our much-loved planet.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by earTHMama: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2009
God bless George Bush.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Because you questions man's inability to rise to the level of setting and abiding by rules even in times of war?

The art of war is a measure of the level of civilization of the belligerents. Respecting the rules of warfare is a sign that humans have moved very far from the crude barbarism that we have escaped from in the days when we weren't much different from the great apes. Man's continued evolution requires that we learn to see ourselves in every other homo sapien on our much-loved planet.

that means Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan all shld be charged with war crimes too?
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by RichyBlacK(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2009
toshmann:

i will miss bush. this is a nice man who did his best for his country. most of the things he did, he had to do. 911 was bloody and he was in charge. he said it wont happen again and it never happened again on his watch. let's do a little analysis here . . since sept 11th  2001

[size=18pt]terrorists[/size] hate america
they want to strike america again and again and again
they sruck in london
struck in spain
struck in iraq, india, pakistan, israel, saudi arabia, egypt, morrocco, indonesia, kenya etc, americans were attacked around the world, yet they did not strike in the US again

this man is a nice guy, forget chenney and rumsfield who used him. when he realised himself, albeit belatedly, he fired rumsfield to the chagrin of VP chenney. He trusted these guys, why not, these guys worked with his father. an effective regime that saw the end of the cold war. yet they failed him.

abeg leave the guy joo. God bless america. but if terrorist strike again under obama, these same people shouting close gitmo, will attack the democrats for being weak.

the economy . . . ? . . . . has never been good ground for republican white house

I'm so glad that Barack Hussein Obama did not use that dirty word. The meaning of that word to the mindless horde of right-wing Republican apologists has been twisted beyond recognition. To these odious characters, a terrorist is any Muslim (especially with middle-eastern heritage) who is angry about Western hypocrisy, especially with respect to the middle-east.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by RichyBlacK(m): 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2009
davidylan:

that means Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan all shld be charged with war crimes too?

Hypocrite!

How about the US and Israel?
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I'm so glad that Barack Hussein Obama did not use that dirty word. The meaning of that word to the mindless horde of right-wing Republican apologists has been twisted beyond recognition. To these odious characters, a terrorist is any Muslim (especially with middle-eastern heritage) who is angry about Western hypocrisy, especially with respect to the middle-east.

Shldnt we be more worried about these deluded and hypocritical muslims ourselves?
You know they spend too much time worrying about "Western hypocrisy" - which really means western support for Israel, that they forget to bother about the draconian, corrupt and evil regimes they are forced to live under.
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Hypocrite!

How about the US and Israel?

I know those are the only 2 states that come to your mind when you go around bleating about "war crimes". I just wanted to know if we could also extend the term to other nations besides those two. Or was the term iinvented for the US and Israel alone?
Re: Bush Sympathy Thread by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Gadaffi Succeeded In Humiliating Nato And Obama? / Israel And Gaza Updates. / Donald Trump - Dumbest In School, Nonchalant Christian, And Much More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.