Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush (14366 Views)

More Than 30 Potential Death Threats A Day Targeted At President Obama / Journalist Flings Shoes At President Bush / The Rape Of Iraqi Women By Us Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by congoshine(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
Bush Stoned With Shoe

Bush stoned with shoe in Iraq .

See him taking cover:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/12/14/bush-targeted-by-iraqi-shoe-thrower/
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by tharma(f): 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2008
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by congoshine(m): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2008
The man get sharp reflex sha !!!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Naijex: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2008
Childish and senseless move.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by lucabrasi(m): 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2008
grin grin
the guy should have gotten as near as possible and used the shoe to slap his ugly face
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by auwal87(m): 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2008
I just watched the event at Al Jazeera, it was funny and nutty!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by olanajim(m): 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2008
A goodbye kiss to Bushy president.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by blacksta(m): 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2008
This man has become a ridicule to the world. what a shame
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
It'll be a shame if Bushman is not delivered to the Hague by Obama. Why are killers like him not in jail? The blood of thousands of people are on his hands for the so-called "Bush Doctrine" of preaching intolerance and making America a breeding ground of seething hatred.This Muppet should not retire to relative peace whilst his killing machine goes on.

PS
I doubt if Obama will have the political courage to send Bush to the Hague anyway, Americans are too conservative to think rationally. I mean it was Americans who voted this evil man in twice. Shame on America.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by SuperPap: 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2008
The same pple dat voted Obama voted 4 Bush. . twice.
I dnt evn kno y pple r complaining abt him.
If dis guy is so dumb nd stupid nd bla bla bla y is he the president of the USA and u r on nairaland?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by shotster50(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2008
Well said Superpap,

If it was that obvious that Bush was a waste of 'presidential time', why did the american electorate elect him twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by texazzpete(m): 12:06am On Dec 15, 2008
Tornadoz:

It'll be a shame if Bushman is not delivered to the Hague by Obama. Why are killers like him not in jail? The blood of thousands of people are on his hands for the so-called "Bush Doctrine" of preaching intolerance and making America a breeding ground of seething hatred.This Muppet should not retire  to  relative peace whilst his killing machine goes on.

Kindly shed more light on the 'preaching intolerance bit'. Also when you complain about Bush making America a 'breeding ground of seething hatred', i wonder if you realize that

1. Everything was fine and peachy right until some geezers decided to fly an airplane through the WTC Twin towers
2. Even after the Sept 11 attacks which were obviously carried out by muslims of middle eastern origin, there were few reported cases of violence against muslims and arabs in America. In fact, the oft reviled Bush administration led the call for tolerance and peace

I'm not in support of Bush here. I believe the guy's an inept fellow and a bumbling mess. And he has to take responsibility for some of the chaos in Iraq. But calling him a Killer?
I mean, Mugabe is largely responsible for the famine in his country and several whites were killed during his land reform programme but you don't see me calling the feller a killer.

Tornadoz:

I doubt if Obama will have the political courage to send Bush to the Hague anyway, Americans are too conservative to think rationally. I mean it was Americans who voted this evil man in twice. Shame on America.

The delicious Irony in this! afterall, Nigeria voted Obasanjo in twice AND voted in Yar'adua. We know PDP is corrupt to the core yet we keep voting them in. Shame on Nigeria too? I admire your conviction, though. You may choose to start by campaigning for OBJ to be sent to the Hague over the Odi massacre.

As for Bush's second term, blame Al Qaeda. Kerry had a very good chance of sweeping the polls until Al Qaeda decided to release a video just before the election. For American people with terrorism still fresh in their minds, voting in Bush became a priority.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by blacksta(m): 12:08am On Dec 15, 2008
shotster50:

Well said Superpap,

If it was that obvious that Bush was a waste of 'presidential time', why did the american electorate elect him twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No other credible candidate was available - al gore or kerry? no more to say
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 15, 2008
Where was this hypocrite and his shoe when Saddam was in power?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by texazzpete(m): 12:19am On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

lol

Kinda inconvenient for these people that the great killer/war-monger/vampire/bloodthirsty monster bush didn't pull out a handgun and shoot the feller down, abi?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by McKren(m): 12:19am On Dec 15, 2008
I honestly think this is more of an embarrasment to the Iraqi PM than George W. Bush.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by SuperPap: 12:23am On Dec 15, 2008
texazzpete:

Everything was fine and peachy right until some geezers decided to fly an airplane through the WTC Twin towers
I'm not in support of Bush here. I believe the guy's an inept fellow and a bumbling mess. And he has to take responsibility for some of the chaos in Iraq. But calling him a Killer?
The delicious Irony in this! afterall, Nigeria voted Obasanjo in twice AND voted in Yar'adua. We know PDP is corrupt to the core yet we keep voting them in. Shame on Nigeria too? I admire your conviction, though. You may choose to start by campaigning for OBJ to be sent to the Hague over the Odi massacre.
As for Bush's second term, blame Al Qaeda. Kerry had a very good chance of sweeping the polls until Al Qaeda decided to release a video just before the election. For American people with terrorism still fresh in their minds, voting in Bush became a priority.

i was abt t type EXACTLY the same thing.
I like pple that think! and reason!
YES! NL has pple that think!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 12:32am On Dec 15, 2008
@Davidylan,

I can see you are back in your elements. Short, precise, unequivocal and straight to the point!!!!This thread should have been closed after your very insightful statement.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 12:48am On Dec 15, 2008
texazzpete:

Kindly shed more light on the 'preaching intolerance bit'. Also when you complain about Bush making America a 'breeding ground of seething hatred', i wonder if you realize that

1. Everything was fine and peachy right until some geezers decided to fly an airplane through the WTC Twin towers
2. Even after the Sept 11 attacks which were obviously carried out by muslims of middle eastern origin, there were few reported cases of violence against muslims and arabs in America. In fact, the oft reviled Bush administration led the call for tolerance and peace

I mean, Mugabe is largely responsible for the famine in his country and several whites were killed during his land reform programme but you don't see me calling the feller a killer.

Lets get this straight, a bunch of fanatics fly a plane into the wtc and all Moslem's are now terrorist yeah?  Does this make sense to you? Were Iraqis amongst the "geezers" that blew up the WTC? The answers to the above questions are historically recorded and am not going to go over them.
Bush did not have to hold an AK47 to be called a killer same way you overtly indicated Mugabe was responsible for the political chaos in Zimbabwe. It was however wrong of you to blame the famine in Zimbabwe on Mugabe? Was that a typo or did you really mean to say the famine and cutting off of credit and the strangulation of the Zimbabwean economy done by Mugabe?

Did OBJ give the order for the military to indiscriminately kill people in the Niger Delta or was it the military seeking revenge for the murder of some policemen?

Am nonplussed about the above statement. Are American's so naive not to see it was their failed policies in the middle east that brought about the attacks?

PS
I didn't think someone of your ilk will ever find anything wrong with Bush. Your name is a clear statement of affiliation to the American cause. (TexazzBush may be more appropriate)
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by shotster50(m): 12:52am On Dec 15, 2008
@ David,

Based on what I gather, it seems that it is a custom in Iraq. Throwing a shoe is a sign of contempt. When Saddam's statues were being pulled down, the people where throwing shoes at them!!!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 15, 2008
Uncle Tayo . . . the elections are over mac is back. grin

shotster50:

@ David,

Based on what I gather, it seems that it is a custom in Iraq. Throwing a shoe is a sign of contempt. When Saddam's statues were being pulled down, the people where throwing shoes at them!!!

Shotster . . . why did they wait until the americans removed saddam to hurl their shoes? This hypocrite was bold enough to hurl his shoe at Bush because he knows Bush comes from a country where freedom of expression is guaranteed. Saddam must have given plenty of media interviews during his time in power . . . was this journalist not wearing shoes all that time?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 12:58am On Dec 15, 2008
Shame the man threw a shoe as most middle eastern folks would think a grenade was more appropriate.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2008
sometimes you cant help but wonder if Tornadoz is rational.

Tornadoz:

Lets get this straight, a bunch of fanatics fly a plane into the wtc and all Moslem's are now terrorist yeah?  Does this make sense to you? Were Iraqis amongst the "geezers" that blew up the WTC?

Let me also get this straight . . . these "bunch of fanatics" where protesting US "failed policies" in the middle east so they chose to fly a plane full of innocent citizens into towers full of thousands of citizens who dont even know how to spell I-R-A-Q? Does this make sense to you?

Tornadoz:

Bush did not have to hold an AK47 to be called a killer same way you overtly indicated Mugabe was responsible for the political chaos in Zimbabwe. It was however wrong of you to blame the famine in Zimbabwe on Mugabe? Was that a typo or did you really mean to say the famine and cutting off of credit and the strangulation of the Zimbabwean economy done by Mugabe?

Zimbabwe's problems began in 2000 when he forcibly took back farms that formed the backbone of his country's economy and gave to his lazy, inept cronies. So just who strangled the Zimbabwean economy?

Tornadoz:

Did OBJ give the order for the military to indiscriminately kill people in the Niger Delta or was it the military seeking revenge for the murder of some policemen?

Hello? So you mean to tell me that in Nigeria the army can just wake up and go seek revenge without express authorization by the commander in chief of the armed forces?  shocked

Tornadoz:

Am nonplussed about the above statement. Are American's so naive not to see it was their failed policies in the middle east that brought about the attacks?

1. Are ordinary Americans the ones at fault for these mysterious "failed policies"?

2. What really are these "failed policies"? Why have arabs ALONE responded to these "policies" with violence and death?

3. The 2001 attacks on the WTC were in reaction to EXACTLY WHICH "failed policies"?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by BecomeRich: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2008
That man that throw the shoe is a slowpoke. For all that George Bush did for iraq, he does not deserve that. he is lucky he can do that. Can he do that to Saddam. Saddam would behead him at the conference.

George Bush would go down in history as one of the greatest president that ever rule the USA. He took the best decision to invade Iraq. I would do the same to get rid of Saddam. Now Imagine how happy Nigerian would be if they can get rid of 2 years of guest who and  2 year blank future.

I just wish George Bush was bold enough to divided Nigeria.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by shotster50(m): 1:05am On Dec 15, 2008
Lol @ David,
He probably knew he would get away with doing Bush rather than Saddam where he would have been shot immediately.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 15, 2008
shotster50:

Lol @ David,
He probably knew he would get away with doing Bush rather than Saddam where he would have been shot immediately.

Exactly my point . . . we all know this Bush hatred is nothing but a ready excuse for the failure of arab societies . . .

Why didnt he stone Talabani? Afterall he is the one advocating US troops to stay longer than 2010.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by MrCrackles(m): 1:09am On Dec 15, 2008
He deserves to be put in stocks at Holloway Street and pelted with rotten tomatoes undecided
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by gamerod: 1:22am On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Sometimes, I used to wonder if you have a brain at all, or if you think before talking, this simple statement has all confirmed it, you have no brain at all.

go to Iraq and ask him, instead of sitting behind one stupid fora and talking gibberish.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:34am On Dec 15, 2008
Let me also get this straight . . . these "bunch of fanatics" where protesting US "failed policies" in the middle east so they chose to fly a plane full of innocent citizens into towers full of thousands of citizens who don't even know how to spell I-R-A-Q? Does this make sense to you?
Killing civilians should be condemned by all but in the face of injustice doing nothing is not an option.

Zimbabwe's problems began in 2000 when he forcibly took back farms that formed the backbone of his country's economy and gave to his lazy, inept cronies. So just who strangled the Zimbabwean economy?
Why are African leaders not supporting the removal of Mugabe? Why is it only western countries that are opposed to Mugabe? The racist annex in former Rhodesia had 90% of the land whilst the indigenous African population had none. Mugabe warned them in 1980 that he would take back the land and justifiably he did. He should be applauded by all Africans.

Hello? So you mean to tell me that in Nigeria the army can just wake up and go seek revenge without express authorization by the commander in chief of the armed forces?
In a nut shell Yes. The army went to Odi to install order but went beyond their remit.

1. Are ordinary Americans the ones at fault for these mysterious "failed policies"?
Ordinary Americans were the ones who voted in Bush twice. Am against the killing of civilians, but now and again you are bound to have these collaterals.

2. What really are these "failed policies"? Why have Arabs ALONE responded to these "policies" with violence and death?
Eh,  maybe Arabs are the ones that live in the middle east where most of these international atrocities take place. They were probably tired of seeing stone throwing Palestinian children massacred by weapons paid for by Americans.
3. The 2001 attacks on the WTC were in reaction to EXACTLY WHICH "failed policies"?
The policy of grabbing other peoples land.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by tpia: 1:52am On Dec 15, 2008
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 15, 2008
Responding to Tornadoz is like trying to make a blind man see the difference between red and black.

So thousands of Americans had to pay with their lives for Hamas and its evil quest to rid the world of Jews? grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by A40(m): 2:00am On Dec 15, 2008
Stoned? why not shot he should be shot!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

78-yr-old Granny Goes To School / President Mahama's Daughter's Letter Comforting Him For Losing / 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.