Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith (8457 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Renouncing My Christian Faith / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 7:43am On Apr 05, 2015
Macof what is your belief, are u an atheist?Why then do u ask these questions?Go through my response and follow my trail of thought, u just might find some answers.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by wordcat(m): 8:27am On Apr 05, 2015
hernia:

I was merely emphasizing that his question was canal.
Every physical action has spiritual consequence.

And what is the Spiritual consequence of what Christ had done?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 8:47am On Apr 05, 2015
hernia:
Macof what is your belief, are u an atheist?Why then do u ask these questions?Go through my response and follow my trail of thought, u just might find some answers.

My belief is simple...it's tagged pantheism
Check it out
Am a Yoruba pantheist, so were my ancestors
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:08am On Apr 05, 2015
macof:

Check it out

How about Ifa-ist?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

How about Ifa-ist?

That's a sub division of Pantheistic animism
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:49am On Apr 05, 2015
macof:

That's a sub division of Pantheistic animism

Philosophical or theological branch?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 1:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
wordcat:

And what is the Spiritual consequence of what Christ had done?

The forgiveness of sins and reconciliation with God.
The physical part of the whole salvation scheme was for two main reasons which need to be deeply discussed for maximum appreciation, but to state them briefly, :

1.To create the awareness of the grave implications of sin .(I believe and its worthy to consider that God can do all things including the absolute forgiveness of sins without he death of Jesus but man would have taken salvation for granted.)

2.To evangelize to souls in hell who couldnt hear the word before their death.

Due to time constraints I cant delve further, are u a Christian or an atheist.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=macof post=32365872]

Check it out

Some undeniable "experiences" pushed me into Christianity and now I have come to grow and understand God, what's your reason for your believe, explain it in your own terms what it involves too if u can.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by wordcat(m): 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
hernia:

The physical part of the whole salvation scheme was for two main reasons which need to be deeply discussed for maximum appreciation, but to state them briefly, :

1.To create the awareness of the grave implications of sin .(I believe and its worthy to consider that God can do all things including the absolute forgiveness of sins without he death of Jesus but man would have taken salvation for granted.)

What if I am a member of ISKC?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Weah96: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
I pulled up at a fast food restaurant yesterday, and after we got our food, my homeboy (who is a criminal in more ways than one) proceeded to close his eyes and offer prayers over the food. I asked him why he closed his eyes and he claimed that it was to ignore the distractions. Human beings have 4 more senses in addition to our photoreceptors. Why do people close their eyes before praying?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
wordcat:

What if I am a member of ISKC?

What do you mean by "what if".
What is ISKC-Illinois Shotokan Karate Clubs?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by wordcat(m): 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
hernia:

What do you mean by "what if".
What is ISKC-Illinois Shotokan Karate Clubs?

International Society of Krishna Consciousness.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Philosophical or theological branch?

Isn't theology a branch of philosophy?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
macof:

Isn't theology a branch of philosophy?

I dont think so
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
hernia:

1. Most people still take ur salvation tale for granted...so there you fail

2. Lmao grin repentance after death
what happened to "after death comes judgement"? Again u fail
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I dont think so
I've had this discussion with someone once but how is theology not philosophy
What of Jesuism that is studied within philosophy?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=hernia post=32372429][/quote]

Your undeniable experience cannot be examined, what ever experience you had can only be examined by you..it's personal
And I am very sure this "experience" came after faith

Like I always say, Experience before faith, not delusion after faith

so don't come telling us about ur experience that probably never happened, or a mind trick. tell us why any intelligent person should take christianity serious considering the many irregularities

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
macof:
I've had this discussion with someone once but how is theology not philosophy
What of Jesuism that is studied within philosophy?

This is philosophical theology. It is process of adopting philosophical methods for the purpose of giving answer to religious belief and doctrine.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
wordcat:

International Society of Krishna Consciousness.

Can you tell me how or why you are Krishna worshipper?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 7:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This is philosophical theology. It is process of adopting philosophical methods for the purpose of giving answer to religious belief and doctrine.
Much of that I know
Theology also uses Philosophical method
Otherwise we would just call it religion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
macof:

1. Most people still take ur salvation tale for granted...so there you fail

2. Lmao grin repentance after death
what happened to "after death comes judgement"? Again u fail

1.Salvation can be taken for granted even by Christians,the price has being paid already as to whether you accept it or not is totally in every individual's power.Even the word says "let he who has ears let him hear."

2.Your lack of understanding of scriptures is what is causing your unbelief in the first place so why quote what you can't comprehend to prove a wrong point.
And again where do i fail,i didn't come to convince anybody am mere trying to help you get your facts right ,before you distort them as you please.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 7:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
Macof tell me about this your pantheism.Am curious to know what answer it holds.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by wordcat(m): 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
hernia:

Can you tell me how or why you are Krishna worshipper?

Can you tell me how or why you're a Christian or rather a Yahweh worshipper?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
macof:

Much of that I know
Theology also uses Philosophical method
Otherwise we would just call it religion

When faiths appears at the other end.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
hernia:

1.Salvation can be taken for granted even by Christians,the price has being paid already as to whether you accept it or not is totally in every individual's power.Even the word says "let he who has ears let him hear."

2.Your lack of understanding of scriptures is what is causing your unbelief in the first place so why quote what you can't comprehend to prove a wrong point.
And again where do i fail,i didn't come to convince anybody am mere trying to help you get your facts right ,before you distort them as you please.

1. you said Jesus death was to bring awareness to people so salvation won't be taken for granted, yet more than 2/3 the worlds population don't regard your Jesus for nothing
Pls how else could Jesus and obviously you fail in attempt to get attention and be taken seriously

2. Yet you did not explain a thing since I lack understanding of scriptures. Smh Scriptures are very clear
After death comes judgement..no repentance in death

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 12:00am On Apr 06, 2015
hernia:
Macof tell me about this your pantheism.Am curious to know what answer it holds.

Open a thread for that abeg..no derailing here
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by omototiadewa: 10:18am On Apr 06, 2015
Last line or so in your no.3 says English language was not in existence then. I'm curious, when then did english come into existence?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2015
At times i think the christian God is just à funny idea . Hé was à creation of the minds of fearful men who refuse to believe the whole of existence actually have no purpose .
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
macof:

1. you said Jesus death was to bring awareness to people so salvation won't be taken for granted, yet more than 2/3 the worlds population don't regard your Jesus for nothing
Pls how else could Jesus and obviously you fail in attempt to get attention and be taken seriously

2. Yet you did not explain a thing since I lack understanding of scriptures. Smh Scriptures are very clear
After death comes judgement..no repentance in death

1.Jesus didn't come to force the hand of men, he came to establish peace between man and God. He dosent need your recognition, acceptance or willingness he merely needs you to be aware that your sins have being paid and you are now working with a clean slate as to whether you accept him or not lies with u and everything you do with this knowledge will be your judgment in itself.

2.You have neither regard for God nor the scriptures, of what use will its explanation be to u?.If u tell me, I will also explain to u.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 2:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
macof:

Open a thread for that abeg..no derailing here

If u insist,
But to derail, really, of what benefit will airing of "irregularities" of the Christian faith be to u?.By understanding what this is about I will know not to "derail".
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
At times i think the christian God is just à funny idea . Hé was à creation of the minds of fearful men who refuse to believe the whole of existence actually have no purpose .

"At times"?, then what do you think of him in the remaining?.
I take it you are an atheist, do u have answers to how life started?If not I suggest you refrain from calling other "people's idea" funny.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

You got to be specific and very definitive when mentioning and using the word 'god'.

God according to christian theology is a being that knows the difference between Good and Evil. Gen 3:22. This Jesus justified in John 10:34.

On the moral ground, Exodus 22:28 also buttressed that God is a being who make resound and intellectual judgement ranging from concluding on what is good or evil after weighing opinions. To put simply, judges are GOds.

At least, these are some christian idea of what God is.

The question about the purpose of life lies in understanding whom one is. Asking yourself who really you are. I think knowing this provides answer to purpose.

This is why I think Ifa is more interesting. The core center of Ifa stands on the philosophy of self- know thy self. In Buddhism, this is called Enlightment of the inner soul. The meaning and purpose of existence lies here. This also brought about eating 'tree of life' in the bible. And ye shall become immortal living like the Gods.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Hate Atheism With Passion Part 3 (Atheism Eternally Condemned) / Download Music: Samsong Ft Chioma Jesus - Odogwu Jesus / Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.