Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith (8466 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Renouncing My Christian Faith / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
hernia:

If u insist,
But to derail, really, of what benefit will airing of "irregularities" of the Christian faith be to u?.By understanding what this is about I will know not to "derail".

Must everything be about me? Can't I give service of knowledge and truth to fellow nairalanders?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
hernia:

1.Jesus didn't come to force the hand of men, he came to establish peace between man and God. He dosent need your recognition, acceptance or willingness he merely needs you to be aware that your sins have being paid and you are now working with a clean slate as to whether you accept him or not lies with u and everything you do with this knowledge will be your judgment in itself.

2.You have neither regard for God nor the scriptures, of what use will its explanation be to u?.If u tell me, I will also explain to u.

1. But you said the purpose of his physical death was to show man what he had done in the spiritual, so we would be aware of salvation and won't take salvation for granted. He could have just showed up in the sky like an holographic image telling us what he already did in the spiritual if it was all about making us aware

Bros according to analysis if what you say is true, Jesus was desperate for attention
He could have just done his spiritual thing and leave the physical death but no he didn't, he bothered to go through the stress because he cares what humans think, he needs our recognition and acceptance

2. Why do u think I have no regard for God? Is ur God the only God? No
do u know if I regard other Gods

Why not tell us why Jesus would die a physical death just to preach to dead people? Is there repentance in death?

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by GooseBaba: 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Weah96:
I pulled up at a fast food restaurant yesterday, and after we got our food, my homeboy (who is a criminal in more ways than one) proceeded to close his eyes and offer prayers over the food. I asked him why he closed his eyes and he claimed that it was to ignore the distractions. Human beings have 4 more senses in addition to our photoreceptors. Why do people close their eyes before praying?

Your boy never jam... grin..

Back in secondary school when we visit mama put. After, you close eye to pray and when you open eyes your meat don waka enter another plate or person wey buy eba with no meat begin chop meat. Nobody tell all boys to begin watch and pray... grin
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
So yesterday again, another Christian lady stopped me and began interrogating me about my beliefs and preaching about the Bible

Once I asked her about what she thought about the Quran, she felt disgusted at that question.. Why?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by DikSin(m): 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
senseless op trying to play smart
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 12:15am On Apr 27, 2015
DikSin:
senseless op trying to play smart
thank you. I appreciate
bt can u address the op?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by DikSin(m): 6:40am On Apr 27, 2015
macof:
thank you. I appreciate
bt can u address the op?

whatever....

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
DikSin:

whatever....
ok I still appreciate the effort
and thanks for the photo...it was hilarious grin
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
We are humans with limited senses,there are many natural and supernatural things we dont knw all about,but in all we know there is good and there is evil n most of us would want to experience d good things all the time.the story of creation recorded in the Bible is more like a summary of our origin n not something to be taken literally,for instance "in d begining God said let there be light and there was light",bt the sun n moon n stars where not created till about the 3rd day,so what made up a day then?d earth revolving about what?
Christianity kind of simplifies living;under simple laws of love and peace,and thats the beauty in it.
Your life time wouldnt be enough to understand everything which u cant even verify in the first place.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by GooseBaba: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Oktoberfest:
We are humans with limited senses,there are many natural and supernatural things we dont knw all about,but in all we know there is good and there is evil n most of us would want to experience d good things all the time.the story of creation recorded in the Bible is more like a summary of our origin n not something to be taken literally,for instance "in d begining God said let there be light and there was light",bt the sun n moon n stars where not created till about the 3rd day,so what made up a day then?d earth revolving about what?
Christianity kind of simplifies living;under simple laws of love and peace,and thats the beauty in it.
Your life time wouldnt be enough to understand everything which u cant even verify in the first place.

Your response is pitiful... This is where you have caged your mind. You're limited to

Making claims
Making excuses
Making accusations...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
GooseBaba:

Your response is pitiful... This is where you have caged your mind. You're limited to

Making claims
Making excuses
Making accusations...
U are human and limited to natural laws,u cant fully understand d supernatural on ur own,dats d simple truth take it or leave it,take a cup of chilled palm wine n enjoy ur life.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by GooseBaba: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Oktoberfest:

U are human and limited to natural laws,u cant fully understand d supernatural on ur own,dats d simple truth take it or leave it,take a cup of chilled palm wine n enjoy ur life.

And what did you use to understand the supernatural law...? Did you use your human imagination? Please educate me so I can enjoy this chilled palm wine with new knowledge...
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
GooseBaba:

And what did you use to understand the supernatural law...? Did you use your human imagination? Please educate me so I can enjoy this chilled palm wine with new knowledge...
I dnt claim 2undastand it all
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by GooseBaba: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Oktoberfest:

I dnt claim 2undastand it all

Okay, kindly tell me the little you know..

P's quoting stories is not supernatural...
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
GooseBaba:

Okay, kindly tell me the little you know..

P's quoting stories is not supernatural...
Im on my 3rd bottle of guiness stout sincz orijin is nw out of stock n feel gud abt it,dats wat i knw
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by GooseBaba: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Oktoberfest:

Im on my 3rd bottle of guiness stout sincz orijin is nw out of stock n feel gud abt it,dats wat i knw

You be real correct guy...!!

I see your source of supernatural... Twale...!!

Abeg, enjoy enjoy...
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
GooseBaba:

You be real correct guy...!!

I see your source of supernatural... Twale...!!

Abeg, enjoy enjoy...
I regard ur dynasty bros
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Oktoberfest:

grin abeg no deceive yourself, nothing like supernatural exists
nothing can be above or beyond nature
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 26, 2015
macof:
grin abeg no deceive yourself, nothing like supernatural exists
nothing can be above or beyond nature
What/who is Ifa, Oludumare by u?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by absoluteSuccess: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2022
macof:
I remember some of the things that made me reject the doctrines of christianity and how "acclaimed" educated pastors peached this so calmly and confidently as if it were a reflection of the natural world around us

1. God is omniscient, he knows all before it even happens..yet created an Adam with the knowledge of his future sin and subsequent calamity for humanity
Either this God is really not omniscient or he just likes causing trouble and blame it on his creations

2. God created Satan, how possible is it that an all power overlord of the universe finds a mere musical cherub to be threat to his supremacy? Is God not strong enough to deal with satan, whom he created? Is this God losing his power? Or he just likes playing the victim and using satan to catch some fun and create some hero-villain story out of it all to remain relevant to his believers?

3. How much have we studied the Bible to verify the things we hear from our pastors and the public belief of Christians since the first council of Nicaea
It's one thing that humans wrote the Bible, it's another thing that humans interpret it
Also consider the factor of error in translations as the Bible wasn't first written in English...Infact English language didn't exist then

4. We learn that Jesus payed the ultimate price for all mankind by dying for our sins. Can we really say he payed anything worth the price? This man died for only 3 days
That's not a full payment if you ask me
Because back in the old testament, God instructed household Animals to be killed to serve as payment for sin...these animals never resurrected and it signified "full payment"

5. The issue of sin in christianity is one that attracts spiritual punishment, even though we commit this sin physically....why should Jesus pay a physical price? Why didn't he die spiritually so we can be completely saved spiritually?

6. Why did God choose a particular people? He created us all didn't he? Why was he always particular about the Jews? I am Yoruba, I didn't read anything about my ancestral fathers in the Bible, just Jews and those they came in contact with. The Bible rules are typical Jewish traditions and christianity is reformed version of that by Europeans
Why didn't God pick all people? Why only one people? Isn't this partiality...of course it is
Same way God openly rejected Esau before his birth and favoured a lying Jacob

7. Why are there so much violence and diseases? Why does a peaceful, loving God allow such? Is he incapable of addressing the issue? then he is the complete representation of clueless and incompetent
Is he capable but unwilling? Then he is evil and lies that he is loving and kind

8. If death was caused by Adam's sin and the same Adam at his creation was tasked with the responsibility to reproduce and multiply...all these millennias the population would have been about 1 trillion and over
the earth is such a limited space, imagine the way we fight for land in today's world, how would it have been if Adam never sinned and humans never had to die

The little space you get in a crowed Aswani market would be the largest you would find

9. How would judgement day be? The trillions of people who have lived and died all being judged in God's court? Just imagine the scene and how long it would take before it gets to us in the 21st century
Would we see our Great x5 grand fathers and enjoy a conversation?
What about those going to hell because they didn't know Jesus or believe the Christians? Imagine currently we have billions of non Christians, some millions of Christians would also fail to make heaven plus the dead who didn't get the goodnews of Christ when alive...surely close to a trillion would make their way to hell and heaven would be so empty with less than a billion people
What kind of God allows this?

10. why does the Bible contradict itself so much?
A book of unarguable knowledge and truth shouldn't have contradictions but absolute conformity

this addresses only the Christian faith and no other

Were you not called Timothy Ogundele?

At some point you detest the same thing you were born into for the pride in you.

What have you created ever since the time of your rebirth into atheism to disprove the power of God in the larger society just to prove that God is altogether powerless and that things ascribed to Him can be duplicated or bested by your ability?

If you have failed to do it better than God has done it from the world go, you just announced your powerlessness and the omnipotence of God, that you can't make straight what He made crooked in His glory.

Men that came into the world blessed with the abilities to think and recreate the world and enjoy the piece of it while their stay lasts are bugged and plagued by the plight of others that if they are in power to make a difference, they will make worst and blame it on God.

You are conversant with everything that's wrong with God, what kindness has ever left your bossom to a fellow man that makes you better than God in one atomic value?

The sense of righteousness you are appealing to eludes you, the power to correct the wrong eludes you, the milk of human kindness eludes you (based on personal experience I've had with you from this site).

Worst off, your sense of invisibility failed. I have not met God in person, but I've met with men and women you send after my life in your pursuit of evil. So, are you better than God that you blame for violence?

Were you not in the best position to be kind based on your opposite logics? You sure doing what you like and it pleases you, but you must make choices for God to further please yourself just because you must be pleased in all things, even if you are not a pleasing soul.

I remember this model of enquiry you always do, exactly the same thing you sent to my Whatsapp phone before you ultimately hacked the phone and my wife's old Facebook account with it, using your alter-ego, Adeyemi Saka.

What good have you done to date to displace the essence of God in the positive even in your capacity as a one man limited in time and space? If you as an "apostate" have done worse, why bother Christians to offer you answers to your fallen nature?

By the way, whatever happened to your trap laden website, Lambert and Curtis dot com? Are you already out of business within a year? It says much what the website is all about: it has served it's purpose, waiting in the row for yet another victim of your cult.

You always have your answers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Hate Atheism With Passion Part 3 (Atheism Eternally Condemned) / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / Where Can I Get "Alone With God" By Bishop Francis Wale Oke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.