Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,811 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

An Important Message To General Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Important Message To General Buhari (587 Views)

Bricklayers Display Unusual love to General Buhari at UITH (photos) / General Buhari Likes President Jonathan's Smile / General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Important Message To General Buhari by demmix(m): 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
A friend posted the below letter to General Buhari on his facebook timeline yesterday. I hope he gets to read it:

Dear General Buhari,

The Presidential election holds tomorrow, March 28th. I will be voting for you at the election, as millions of Nigerians will do also. But just in case you win, I need you to understand a few things:

1) We're voting for you because we believe you're a better leader, able to make tough decisions quickly, choose your inner circle wisely and ensure discipline within your ranks. Please don't disappoint us.

2) Jonathan lost my vote because he was a weak leader, not because he had done nothing. Please be careful to ensure that good programmes started by his govt are improved upon and completed by your own govt, not killed. I read (as a teenager) of how you killed the Lagos metroline project started by Gov. Jakande. Pls do not repeat such behaviour.

3) Your decision to avoid all debates smacked of arrogance to me. Please remember that as President, you will be answerable to the citizens, however unruly, rude, insulting, unreasonable or uninformed we are. You must learn patience and humility.

4) You have promised to set a personal example. We need you to do that, in honesty and integrity, in simplicity, in hardwork and in accountability. WE WILL NOT FORGET THAT PROMISE!

5) I do not trust your party . Even with all the smooth talk, many members of your party have corrrupt histories. We will expect you to deal decisively with any officials of your govt. or members of your party who exhibit corrupt behaviour.

6) Be ready to turn an unwieldy monster into a fighting machine. Its called the civil service. Get ready for a long and complex battle. If you dont fight this battle (and early too) you're likely to fail as President.

Lastly, you may not win the election (fairly or because you were rigged out). Painful as it sounds, you will have to go to court again if you feel unsatisfied. Pls dont give in to the temptation to encourage or order violence.

Yallabai, may God help you all the way.

Sai Baba.

1 Like

Re: An Important Message To General Buhari by cozy7(m): 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2015
In behalf of GMB, I've read this letter and will surely pass it to my boss. I assure u that corruption will be wiped out within d 1st 4mths of his leadership. He's gonna make u a proud Nigerian, once again.

SAI BABA
Re: An Important Message To General Buhari by TI1919(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2015
grin

Re: An Important Message To General Buhari by Goddex: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
Your last advice strikes me

"Lastly, you may not win the election (fairly or because you were rigged out). Painful as it sounds, you will have to go to court again if you feel unsatisfied. Pls dont give in to the temptation to encourage or order violence."

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Did Anyone See This Candidate On The Ballot Papers In Lagos? / Election 2015: Nigerians Must Let INEC Speak -Attorney Patryk Utulu / Must Read!!! The New Word 'Orubebe' By:Dr.Olusegun Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.