Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:12 AM

Downandup/conficker Worm Infected millions - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Downandup/conficker Worm Infected millions (614 Views)

Opinion: Imminent Internet Outage For Infected Computers on 9th July / How Do I Remove Brontok.a Worm From My System / I-worm/brontok.a Please Help Me Get Rid Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Downandup/conficker Worm Infected millions by nazzyon(m): 1:34am On Jan 22, 2009
Hello,

Just read an article about the worm

It is transmitted to computer through mostly USB Drives or possibly any other device that autoruns when connected to the computer.

It normally presents itself in a away that you will gallantly yield to its request. It request that you run it so you will be able to open a file.

Simple PREVENTION

Whenever you insert a drive into the computer (Close the autorun dialog) make sure you ignore the autorun and go directly to access it in My Computer by selecting it manually before using your file.

If you have been infected visit the site below for solution:

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001588.html

Bye 4 now.

,  Nazzyon

(1) (Reply)

My Gmail Account Says Am Disable Is There Anyone That Can Help Me To Get It Back? Cos I Have A Lot O / 64 Bits Operating System Ans Downloads / Office 2010 Preview Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.