Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan (2919 Views)

Reason Why Buhari Is Blocking DSS From Aso Rock / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Vote Jonathan, And Get Ibadan State – Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Sapphic: 3:54am On Jan 24, 2009
Becomrrich:

my friend when you talk of law in nigeria, I can get up to 10 people that I am related to that will speak of law even my father inlaw is a well know nigeria lawyer. One of them is Gani fawehinmi. So no talk of law for myside

ROFLMAO. . . You have 10 lawyers in your family and you are coming up with is trash? What kind of lawyers are they? Charge and Bail? If you even have ONE lawyer that you spoke to, I am sure you won't come up with this nonsense.

Becomrrich:

I have read the 1999 constitution 6 times so far. and compare to the other consitution. It is a piece of rubbish. It is not acceptable to we southerner. It makes us permanent slave to northerners.

You have read the constitution six times, yet you did not know that the constitution expressly states that the LAnd Use Act could be amended.  What part of the constitution makes the southerners perpetual slaves to the northerners? (What chapter and what section(s)?).

By the way, Abeg please tell me which "law" did you say provides that Nigerian LAw can be transferred to the Benin Republic?

Becomrrich:

On transfer of land to benin republic, fashola can do what ever if feel he want with the land  . if he feel he want the land in benin republic he can. Even the 1999 consititution does not define the geography location of nigeria. And nigeria law only gives abuja to the federal govt.

Look fashola or akala or bukola saraki  can take back land from the federal republic of nigeria. and it is legal.  Do you people write the constitution.

get that into your head fashola or any governor can give what entrust to him to republic of benin. But believe this 1999 constitution is invalid.

I am astounded at this portion of your argument. A state governor CAN NOT take "back" land belonging to the Federal Government (or its agencies), because such land never belonged to the state in the first place and the Land Use Act (LUA) expressly states so (please go and read the LUA, it is a short piece of legislation and should not take you long). Moreover, contrary to what you have stated, a governor CAN NOT do whatever he likes to the land and can most definitely NOT transfer the land to Benin Republic. You should run these your views past those 10 lawyers you say you have in your family. I am sure that they should be able to enlighten you a bit and disabuse your mind about all these your preposterous views. Ask them to run you through the gamut of case law on the Land Use Act - and believe me, there are plenty cases on the LUA (which though you seem to like it so much, I must inform you is incidentally probably one of the most vilified laws in Nigeria - if not singularly the most vilified law. In my opinion, it is a crap piece of legislation which should have been expunged from the statute books long ago or at the very least, heavily amended).

I could barely make head or tail of the rest of your post, so I cannot address that bit. But seriously, do desist spurting jargons which are completely false.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by egheleghe(m): 7:30am On Jan 24, 2009
Whoever is involved in this sudden demand by all cities in nigeria for a state is a joker.initially,it was only 1 additional state for the southeast that was the issue and there suddenly came deliberate plan by other nigerians to rubbish that demand for justice.if states are created in other zones and they become 8,southeast will get extra 3 to still balance the equation.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Afam4eva(m): 11:41am On Jan 24, 2009
If Ibadan becomes a state, then what happens to othere parts of Oyo state, because as far as i'm concerned Ibadan is what really makes oyo state, what happens in other parts oyo state, the answer is "Absolutely nothing" , just a land made up of villages and forest.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2009
No other state will be created in Nigeria until a state has been created in the East and "Anioma" state for the Delta Igbos.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Becomrrich: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
Sapphic, first of all in your so call 1999 constitution Justice Tobi made a serious mistake. You do not write a business agreement without an address. When he define nigeria , he did not define the location. So nigeria may be on the ocean .

the consitution does not lay claim to ownership of the nigeria land. if you see anywhere in the constitution that shows that please show. It only refered us to the land use act.

If you look at the land act. under the power of the governor, it give him the right to transfer the land.

Look why do we have all this in the land act. The reason have to do with our history. we had a problem of land ownership before britian. Michelle obama would be someone in lagos now, if all was right. It lead to several wars that lead to slavery. Land have been the issue and the reason that affect slavery trade.

We have a close history with the native india of america. So we reserve the ownership of our land just like the native india. In the USA the USA govt can not take the land belonging to native indias. So we had sure treaty with britian. And britain could not transfer the land to nigeria.

Even when the federal govt of nigeria acquired abuja. To show that the federal govt did not own any land in nigeria and would never own any land. They paid the people living in that area for the place.

And if you doubt if Governor can take federal govt land in lagos, why not test him and you would see. Do you know Jang the governor of plateau is right in what he did to Yar adua. He is right under law. The law does not give Yar adua the power to set up anything in plateau. He could seek that power thru the national assembly, which he never did.

Yar Adua problem is that he can not tell between democracy and military because we had military for too long.

If you check the land transfer right. It is in the hand of the governor of the state. Please take the time to read it. It is not in the hand of the federal govt or the national assembly. Only the governor. So we yorubas can transfer the land. If we want to transfer the land and any governor who support Nigeria. we impreach that governor and have the next governor transfer it.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Becomrrich: 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2009
On why Ibadan show be a state. Many reason. Oyo state is too populated. and Ibadan from satellite picture have more houses than 28 state in Nigeria.  And in Benin republic we would create Ibadan, akure and ijebu state.

You see the three state of Akure,Ijebu, and Ibadan have more houses than the south east state. Or do you want me to start posting pictures.

Even when I say this. If you zoom. You would even see that that even the small south east villages are even bigger than the villages in the north. So you see we are been cheated. And they is more hosues in the south than the north.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by ikeyman00(m): 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2009
i thought the ododuwA republic are so united. ehh
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Becomrrich: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2009
about what. First of all that website was only trying to get people to go there. Obasanjo is not against anyone and I do not think the olubadan made such statement. but that not the point. the person ask me why Ibadan would be a state and i said in  Benin republic  Ibadan shall be a state. And so we try to compare the level of cheating your people have against us.

And in honestly to you . and I have nothin against the igbos. This three state are more populated than gombe, sokoto, zamfara, kebbi, yobe,taraba, niger state.

and the owner of that website is a yoruba hater. chuks Odili. chucks have seen the satellite picture and he is trying to twist the truth.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Sapphic: 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2009
Becomrrich:

Sapphic, first of all in your so call 1999 constitution Justice Tobi made a serious mistake. You do not write a business agreement without an address. When he define nigeria , he did not define the location. So nigeria may be on the ocean .

the consitution does not lay claim to ownership of the nigeria land. if you see anywhere in the constitution that shows that please show. It only refered us to the land use act.

If you look at the land act. under the power of the governor, it give him the right to transfer the land.

Look why do we have all this in the land act. The reason have to do with our history. we had a problem of land ownership before britian. Michelle obama would be someone in lagos now, if all was right. It lead to several wars that lead to slavery. Land have been the issue and the reason that affect slavery trade.

We have a close history with the native india of america. So we reserve the ownership of our land just like the native india. In the USA the USA govt can not take the land belonging to native indias. So we had sure treaty with britian. And britain could not transfer the land to nigeria.

Even when the federal govt of nigeria acquired abuja. To show that the federal govt did not own any land in nigeria and would never own any land. They paid the people living in that area for the place.

And if you doubt if Governor can take federal govt land in lagos, why not test him and you would see. Do you know Jang the governor of plateau is right in what he did to Yar adua. He is right under law. The law does not give Yar adua the power to set up anything in plateau. He could seek that power thru the national assembly, which he never did.

Yar Adua problem is that he can not tell between democracy and military because we had military for too long.

If you check the land transfer right. It is in the hand of the governor of the state. Please take the time to read it. It is not in the hand of the federal govt or the national assembly. Only the governor. So we yorubas can transfer the land. If we want to transfer the land and any governor who support Nigeria. we impreach that governor and have the next governor transfer it.

OMG! I want you to read what you have written again and determine if it makes any sense. Either way, I have reached the conclusion that trying to enlighten you is just a waste of time, so I GIVE UP. Good luck with your postulations as well as cheesy attempts to transfer the land to the Republic of Benin. Do let me know how it goes. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by egheleghe(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2009
@Becomerich,u dont do your google well.the igbo area is by far the most densely populated area in west africa.slightly more densely populated than nile delta in egypt.if u zoom that google earth,u ld discover that almost the entire southeast is built up.at high altitudes some houses may be blocked by trees.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by oderemo(m): 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2009
another local govt fighting to become state. lootocrats.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2009
where the f. . . do all these freaks get off on all thi state brohuahua -

abeg - i move for the creation of festac state , surulere state, VI state, apapa state . . .

bunch of nimrods

i'm pretty sure some american states have a landmass equivalent to nigeria . . .
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by bawomolo(m): 11:50pm On Jan 24, 2009
afam4eva:

No other state will be created in Nigeria until a state has been created in the East and "Anioma" state for the Delta Igbos.

and what would anioma state achieve? the continued fragmentation of Nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2009
bawomolo, help us tell your daddy Obj to stop blocking the creation of Olubadan.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by bawomolo(m): 12:05am On Jan 25, 2009
HeatFusion:

bawomolo, help us tell your daddy Obj to stop blocking the creation of Olubadan.

baba has better issues to deal with than being disturbed by some amala eating ara oko's  cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 25, 2009
bawomolo:

baba has better issues to deal with that being disturbed by some amala eating ara oko's cheesy
Bawomolo, your head like brick, go and siddon somewhere jor cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Naijex: 5:33am On Jan 25, 2009
Ibadan state ko o, Mapo state ni
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Jan 26, 2009
What will be the justification of creating Ibadan state?
Will it be because of what they have and brought to the table of the nation?
Is it their economy?
Is it cos they have so many people?
Is is how they co-exist in the current state?
Give me a reason why there is a need for Ibadan State and what city will have to form it?
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sapphic:

OMG! I want you to read what you have written again and determine if it makes any sense. Either way, I have reached the conclusion that trying to enlighten you is just a waste of time, so I GIVE UP. Good luck with your postulations as well as cheesy attempts to transfer the land to the Republic of Benin. Do let me know how it goes. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided

Don't tell me you didn't know that Becomerich,Becomrrich,Nigeria1,Nigeria@11 is F!UCKING retarded. Why bother with him.
Re: Obasanjo Is Blocking Creation Of Ibadan State - Olubadan by osisi2(f): 12:20am On Jan 28, 2009
So this craze of clamouring for state creation is not a south east thing only?
Has any common citizen benefitted in any way since the creation of Abia,Ebonyi,Osun,Taraba and all the states all over the place.
Half of them I have no clue where they came out of.
Our people should stop this madness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim Offers To Fund Ondo Pdp Aspirants / How To Really Get A Government Contract In Nigeria - Political Sketch / africa countries with white First Lady--Engr Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.