Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead (7783 Views)

Actor Festus Aguebor Is Dead (photo) / Waje Cuddles A Baby Crocodile / Love Oyedepo And Steve Ogah Wedding Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by momoney1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2006
wonder whose baby that is in the pic

that's his baby, the second child(baby boy and one & half month old)

Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by 2old4that(m): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2006
oh! he's so cute.

perhaps he'll continue from where his father stop. just wondering
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Kachichi(f): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2006
the guy is not dead!!! why all the bad rumours now?!?!
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by otolorin(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2006
Kachichi:

the guy is not dead!!! why all the bad rumours now?!?!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html?section=cnn_topstories&ref=google

do you think we come here to waste our time spreading rumours?
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Kachichi(f): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2006
I guess I overstated the obvious, it just came as a shock to me cry.the inevitable question was when and not if he was ever going to die. He is a proffesional in croc documentaries, therefore he should have known that this day was coming.

I loved his way of "tv-acting" or what you´d call it undecided I was askin myself the other day why I don´t see the ccroc hunter on animal planet these days, nowadays it´s some other australian doing docs on crocs. sad
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by iice(f): 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2006
Well i was shocked at first but he loves deadly animals, so i guess he atleast died doing what he loved doing. RIP mate
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by 2old4that(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2006
@kachichi
He was spiked by the fish's tail (in the chest) and died immediately he pulled it out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5314918.stm

Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Kachichi(f): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2006
cry cry cry cry cry

Yeah @2old4that, and I read somewhere that sting ray attacks are actually not that lethal. He just was at the wrong place and and a bit inexperienced with that kind of environment and the sort of creature he was going to check out.Sad that death is irreversible.

Before I thought ihis programme was too commercial and I couldn´t bear watchin him on tv.Something about the way he was presenting and playin with the crocs wasn´t just my cup of tea at that time. But he went commercial and now I can´t bear knowing I won´t see him battling those crocs again lipsrsealed. Ironical ain´t it? lipsrsealed
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by LoverBwoy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2006
how was his programme too commercial?

He basically did the opposite of what david attenborough and co did, made it more fun!
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by 2old4that(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2006
i guess he shouldnt have gone commercial afterall. but he has made fun of it while it lasted. It so unfair death has added another gem to its kitty.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Kachichi(f): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2006
@loverbwoy I meant commercial in the sense that the guy was in a way going overrboard with the stunts he was doing to catch attention from the viewers.I actually said that I thought his programme was too commercial because at the time they introduced the show on animal planet, it felt like he wanted to be an onscreen popularity rather than the actual animal crusader that he was

It´s true that he was livening things up, and that is totally something unusal on animal planet.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Rottweiler(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2006
The guy was an accomplished professional in his field. Whether he was killed by a croc or an ant does not matter. May his soul rest in peace and may God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
For those making disrespectful statements, please wait for your own time! Some will be killed by Trucks and some by AIDS!

Rest in peace Steve Irwin.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by goodguy(m): 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2006
I just heard on CNN this morning.  This is my first time of hearing about the guy.

<snip>

@ Rottweiler, you harsh o! grin grin grin grin
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Kachichi(f): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2006
lol!! @rottweiler:d
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by steveomni(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2006
i really enjoyed that guy,may his soul rest in peace,but this shows us that no one is a master of his trade

only BABA GOD NA MASTER 4 IM TRADE

NOTHING LIKE SUPERMAN OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by my2cents(m): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2006
thebadguy, false adertising grin

I was expecting the video showing the actual stinging, not the video announcing his death and how he died. As at the last time I followed the story, the friend was contemplating having it aired on TV, so for CNN to have it would to me would mean they had some serious connections.

Next time, choose a better wording format. Now I, and perhaps others, have clicked on that link, which will result in higher ad revenue to CNN, for no reason cool
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by 2old4that(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2006
yeah wrong adverts!

i guess his family have to give thier consent before such video clip can be aired. Lets keep our fingers cross.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2006
chei!!! wat a man he was cry he battled wit d croks, d snakes, lions u name i only to be killed by a fish, wicked fish[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by lovely28(f): 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2006
Awwwwww cry, Steve. Luv that guy and he's sense of adventure. The way he loved animals n getting way too close to them can be scaring at times, but it's typical steve wink. It was Damn shocking he died by a Stingray attack. When he's been with much more dangerous animals than stingrays. So for him to get killed by a stingray really is bizzar. I mean, where are all the Crocs n alis? hehe. It's a pity though, hope you rest in peace Steve sad smiley
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Oracle(m): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2006
Well he chose a very risky job and he died by it. itz painful though but he's gone.
i wish the animals could mourn him
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by dennylove(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2006
this world is a strange place to live in,who could have imagined,that somebody who plays with all kind of animals both dangerous n poisonous ones,will one day be killed with the same animal,no wonder my grandpa dey alway speak this adage,say, HE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD,WILL SURELY DIE BY THE SWORD,OR HE WHO LIVE BY THE GUN GO DIE BY THE GUN.may his soul rest in perfect peace,amen.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by edygirl(f): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2006
People, please understand that wild animals are really wild. They are dangerous to humans and should not be treated or pampered like they are domestic animals. We all did biology and we understand fully well that wild animals have inborn behavior patterns and instincts like attacking when threatened, defending themselves and even stalking prey so no matter how well you papmper them,those instincts remain and that is why they are not domestic  and should not be played with.  I am not saying that he was attacking it , no because he did his thing with love and emotion but do those animals get it? Hell no. They don't think like that.I remember seeing a lady on the television that lost her sight due to one stupid wild animal she had as a pet.

Do I like this guy? Sure, I did still do but never liked his job. That was a very stupid job and the one that really scared me most was him feeding a crocodile while carrying his son. It was so stupid of him. This should teach others a lesson. Now he left his kids fatherless on time due to such stupid acts.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2006
It is sad the crocodile hunter had to go down this way.
He made the discovery channel fun.
I'll miss him.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by zebudaya(m): 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2006
It's messed up that he died so young. Till he died i didn't know what a sting ray was.

To the sting ray: I guess you were nobody till you killed somebody!
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by olawa20(m): 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2006
i'm watching a tribute to him on Animal Planet. You just can't deny the passion Steve had for what he did. He sure died doing what he loved doing best. He died passionately having contributed to his society. There's no better way to die.
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by segedoo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2006
what a legend. we're all gonna miss him.
shame on all who are scared stiff to take the minutest of risks
lil do they know that not taking any risk is the biggest risk of all
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by goodguy(m): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2006
segedoo:

shame on all who are scared stiff to take the minutest of risks

Excuse me?  What are you referring to here as the minutest of risks?  Playing round wild animals just for the fun of it? You've gotta be kidding me man!

zebudaya:

<snip> Till he died i didn't know what a sting ray was.
Same here. grin

zebudaya:

To the sting ray: I guess you were nobody till you killed somebody!
Damn right!
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by LoverBwoy(m): 2:48am On Sep 06, 2006
Excuse me? What are you referring to here as the minutest of risks? Playing round wild animals just for the fun of it? You've gotta be kidding me man

are you sure he was doing it "just for the fun of it"?

what would u say about astronauts that enter space craft knowinging full well they are known to explode?
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by Rottweiler(m): 10:20am On Sep 06, 2006
If you know what life is all about you wouldn't speak disrespectfully of the dead when you don't know how you would go. May be your corpse will be devoured by vultures or cars will run over you and mangle your flesh. Sounds scary, eh?

We claim the guys was taking too much risk but what about the education he has given to millions on various animals he had handled? What about the entertaining documentaries? What about his fight against animal extinction? Tell me, which job is not risky? The lab technician is daily exposed to HIV-positive blood in the course of work. Footballers are exposed to collisions that can result in concussion and death. What about Pilots? What about soldiers? What about honey collectors? What about vets? Some of you pay money to watch bull fights. What do you say about that, ain't the cow boys taking greater risk?

Anyone that speaks negative of the late Steve again will be knocked flat by a flower pot from a 3-storey building. sad
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by otolorin(m): 10:45am On Sep 06, 2006
Rottweiler:

Anyone that speaks negative of the late Steve again will be knocked flat by a flower pot from a 3-storey building. sad

[center]lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/center]
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by aloib(f): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2006
heya poor guy, guess he resting now, at least he didnt die in pains, he died doing wat he enjoyed, God bless his soul
Re: Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) Is Dead by iice(f): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2006
Now they are thinking if they should release the video footage of his death and am thinking with this internet age, il be hard to keep the video underwraps. E go leak someday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innocent Abu: Nollywood Has Saved Many Nigerians From Depression / Beauty Of The Day: Miss ‎ladapo Busayo AKA 'Dynamite' {PHOTOS} / ;D See Davido Before And After Piç ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.