Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Career Prospects Of Office And Information Management - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Prospects Of Office And Information Management (3870 Views)

Health Information Management Profession: A Job Guaranteed Course / Is School Of Health Information Management UBTH ND1 Result Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Prospects Of Office And Information Management by Champella(m): 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dear Nairalanders

Please help a friend of mine on a suitable course to study as he is a bit confused right now. This is the message he sent to me earlier today. . .

"I bought JAMB form with an intention of studying MASS COMMUNICATION or POLITICAL SCIENCE, but i was told that i cannot study these courses because of my grades in WAEC. They offered me OFFICE AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT which i have little or no idea about. Please what do you advise me to do? Thanks."

I couldn't give him an answer because i wanted him to be sure of what he's about getting into. I would love to get more views from the more experienced persons in here on this subject.

However, i tried to raise a few questions regarding this issue. Some of them were:

1. With a degree in OFFICE AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT, where can he work?
2. Is there an avenue for self employment after graduation?
3. What skills does he need to possess to stand out of the crowd during the recruitment processes of an organisation?
4. Can these skills be readily transferred from one sector of the Nigerian economy to another?
5. Would this field be relevant 25 - 40 years from now?
6. Who are my rivals?
7. What skills, knowledge and expertise do they (my rivals) possess that can make a potential recruiter to go after them 8 out of 10 times?

I therefore plead with the Moderators of this section to move this thread to the front page so that this matter can be treated urgently.

Thank you
Re: Career Prospects Of Office And Information Management by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thank you op for opening this thread.
I applied for thesame course for my second choice (poly).
So, nairalanders we need ya help cheesy
Re: Career Prospects Of Office And Information Management by Horus(m): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=put2oNZVNRs

[size=14pt]Information Management in Nigeria; Basis for Good Governance[/size]
Re: Career Prospects Of Office And Information Management by davidica(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
Champella Cn U Pls Msg Me On Fb (noble Davidica)and Which Institution Offerd The Course To Yr Friend

(1) (Reply)

Admission Is On At Eastern Mediterranean University Cyprus (emu) 2018/2019 / My 4 Years In School Is About Going To The Dust / Breaking News - Fashola Close Down Lasu Till Feb Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.