Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner (5406 Views)

APC Bayelsa Primaries: Sylva Declared Winner Of Rescheduled Election / Agbaje’ll Soon Be Declared Lagos Gov – PDP / Photos: President Jonathan Smiling After Buhari Was Declared Winner Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by NewsHub: 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
It's obvious even to a blind man that GMB is sweeping the votes even in some so called PDP strong holds (e.g.Benue and Kogi). The phone calls i have received so far confirms the fact that APC is winning the election and would win but...

I remember a statement credited to one of the PDP mafians, Senator David Mark in 2007. It was alleged that he jokingly said there are 3 ways to win an election:
1. By vote cast
2. By votes counted
3. By announcement.

Many considered that a joke but it wasn't really a joke but the reality on ground. For instance, Young Alhaji of the then ANPP won David Mark by votes cast and count, but Mark was announced the winner. Young Alhaji went to court but nothing came out of that.

Now we have been receiving reports of APC leading in most parts of the country; even my seniour friend Comrade Dan Onjeh of the APC is giving David Mark tough time as alleged (i refused to celebrate yet). But at the end of the day who would be announced winner

It reminds me of 2011 when we fought and rejected the PDP in Benue State(esp. Governorship). After elections the people were already celebrating but in the end Suswam, the current governor was declared winner.

On the night of the declaration there was massive police presence on the streets, with police APCs blocking all major parts of the capital. It was said that Suswam said he can never accept defeat via election, that it's better they end in court.

Now from the look of things, the PDP is doing everything possible to win this present election by votes counted (esp. from SS and SE) and by announcement, but not necessarily by vote cast. They don't care whether the country boils or not so long as Jonathan remains president.

Ask yourself what has been happening in the SS and SE since yesterday?

And before TANiods would come here and call me 'Abogi' or a religious bigot, let me inform them that i am not Hausa or Fulani by tribe, and i am a born again Christian. But i voted Buhari.

I seriously have a feeling that Jonathan will be declared winner. But my joy is that i have done my part by voting for Change.

God help Nigeria!!!

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Ichiddy: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
Na civil war u dey point out to now...

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
That will cause chaos
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by darksuit(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dem no born dem well

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by DuchessLily(f): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
He will be declared winner cos he has actually won.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by manutdadex(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
that's y some people are releasing results now, an excuse to cause chaos after the elections proper. But God no go grew for una..

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Lordwize(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thank you born again for your prophecy, born christian.

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
Stop smoking raw weed. GEJ will win this election.
You APC folks have been posting fake results online so that when GEJ is declared winner you will start crying foul.

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ichiddy:

Na for your house dem go fight the civil war any mpama. Because GEJ has been playing gentlemanism you were calling him clueless. Well he is not clueless Afterall

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Scholes007(m): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
why are they interested in ss/se vote

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by pegasusautos: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
You're smart

NewsHub:
It's obvious even to a blind man that GMB is sweeping the votes even in some so called PDP strong holds (e.g.Benue and Kogi). The phone calls i have received so far confirms the fact that APC is winning the election and would win but...

I remember a statement credited to one of the PDP mafians, Senator David Mark in 2007. It was alleged that he jokingly said there are 3 ways to win an election:
1. By vote cast
2. By votes counted
3. By announcement.

Many considered that a joke but it wasn't really a joke but the reality on ground. For instance, Young Alhaji of the then ANPP won David Mark by votes cast and count, but Mark was announced the winner. Young Alhaji went to court but nothing came out of that.

Now we have been receiving reports of APC leading in most parts of the country; even my seniour friend Comrade Dan Onjeh of the APC is giving David Mark tough time as alleged (i refused to celebrate yet). But at the end of the day who would be announced winner

It reminds me of 2011 when we fought and rejected the PDP in Benue State(esp. Governorship). After elections the people were already celebrating but in the end Suswam, the current governor was declared winner.

On the night of the declaration there was massive police presence on the streets, with police APCs blocking all major parts of the capital. It was said that Suswam said he can never accept defeat via election, that it's better they end in court.

Now from the look of things, the PDP is doing everything possible to win this present election by votes counted (esp. from SS and SE) and by announcement, but not necessarily by vote cast. They don't care whether the country boils or not so long as Jonathan remains president.

And before TANiods would come here and call me 'Abogi' or a religious bigot, let me inform them that i am not Hausa or Fulani by tribe, and i am a born again Christian. But i voted Buhari.

I seriously have a feeling that Jonathan will be declared winner. But my joy is that i have done my part by voting for Change.

God help Nigeria!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by fleet7(m): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
darksuit:
Dem no born dem well

Apc e-rats stop creating tension in the country GEJ has won this election by Gods grace no amount of propaganda can change that

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by TopsyKrete: 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kk
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by LogicPower(m): 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
NewsHub:

1. By vote cast
2. By votes counted
3. By announcement.

God help Nigeria!!!

Rest assured bro. that it will NOT happen!

I fully understand your apprehension and concerns, considering the history of our democratic experiences as a nation, which has been characterized by various forms of imperfections of the electoral process, including what you highlighted, i.e. complete disregard of the actual result by announcing the loser as the winner, which is the worst form of travesty of democracy.

But even as desperate as GEJ and PDP goons are, they are not oblivious to the fact that the present circumstances are entirely different from all the previous ones; the stakes are much higher, the potential risks for miscalculation are more potently grave; and the Nigerian citizens are far more informed and have much more readily available and instant way of accessing and spreading information, than in all the known previous cases of fragrant subversion of their electoral choices.

In a nutshell, GEJ and PDP must be fully aware that the popular mandate Buhari/Osinbanjo has just got from Nigerians is a mandate that largely emanates from the ordinary people from all the regions, and across all ethnic and religious divides; as such, any attempt by anybody to snatch the mandate would amount to daring the ordinary people from across the country.

And as history has shown, no matter how powerful a leader thinks he/she is, there is no way he/she can be more powerful than his/her people; all those who tried it in the past, were eventually proved wrong, as they invariably got crushed by the sheer weight of the people power and condemned to the dark part of history in the end.

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by darksuit(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
fleet7:

Apc e-rats stop creating tension in the country GEJ has won this election by Gods grace no amount of propaganda can change that

for dat e-rat word lolllll

we'll see abt dat
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by scribble: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
DuchessLily:

Don't mind the delusional op.

Nairaland local champions

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by tushburg(m): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
Amen
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by ejiaborcos: 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
GEJ has already won the election

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by FitnessNigeria: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ichiddy:

Na you go fight?
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by D9ty7(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
And when they announce Jonathan as the winner even though he lost, what will happen? Believe me, nothing will happen.
Except that our brother in the North go vex. The other regions will support Jonathan except South west which will be as peaceful as heaven.
We Nigerians, what we know best is make noise on social medias, don't postpone election, dem postpone am, nothing happen. I saw a lady above saying there will be chaos, will you lead from the front.
Nigerians, na mouth we get, we don't act.

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Jamean(f): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
Is this statement a disclaimer undecided

There is still space for you to join the winning team.

Once a winner..always a winner wink

GEJ till I see...

NewsHub:

God help Nigeria!!!

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by ComradeAbu(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
I won't ignore these results of Facts and
Figures.
it all happened in our various Areas, It was
Counted and Thank The Almighty God for
Whatsapp because I can quickly send the
snapshot of the Result pasted in my PU to my
friends faraway.
So PDP shut your mouth Up. Thanks.
My Shout outs go to my Friends in ABU Zaria.
Sai Buhari
Sai professor

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by ManUtdholic: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
LogicPower:

Rest assured bro. that it will NOT happen!

I fully understand your apprehension and concerns, considering the history of our democratic experiences as a nation, which has been characterized by various forms of imperfections of the electoral process, including what you highlighted, i.e. complete disregard of the actual result by announcing the loser as the winner, which is the worst form of travesty of democracy.

But even as desperate as GEJ and PDP goons are, they are not oblivious of the fact that the present circumstances are entirely different from all the previous ones; the stakes are much higher, the potential risks for miscalculation are more potently grave; and the Nigerian citizens are far more informed and have much more readily available and instant way of accessing and spreading information, than in all the known previous cases of fragrant subversion of their electoral choices.

In a nutshell, GEJ and PDP must be fully aware that the popular mandate Buhari/Osinbanjo has just got from Nigerians is a mandate that largely emanates from the ordinary people from all the regions, and across all ethnic and religious divides; as such, any attempt by anybody to snatch the mandate would amount to daring the ordinary people from across the country.

And as history has shown, no matter how powerful a leader thinks he/she is, there is no way he/she can be more powerful than his/her people; all those who tried it in the past, were eventually proved wrong, as they invariably got crushed by the sheer weight of the people power and condemned to the dark part of history in the end.

Don't waste ur tym writing expository essay
Gej has won d election all these fake result on online is trash
At the end we knw 1 tribe is knw 4 violence

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by mrmetoo1: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
DuchessLily:

Let's be realistic, GEJ can't win free and fair. This is no more pre-election banter, the actual results are coming in and GEJ is losing where he should be winning or tying
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by anigbajumo(m): 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
DuchessLily:

finally won?u mean @otuoke

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by ibiso1986: 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
baboon and dog be like....

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by jeremy411(m): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
READ THIS PLS >>

This is a story of Why you should wait for INEC OFFICIAL DECLARATION. Based on a true life election story in the United States of America.

Its very scary and intriguing. Its informative too!

@SeunOsewa will gladly place this on the homepage. I know cheesy

http://republic36.com/2015/03/29/why-you-should-wait-for-inec-official-declaration-a-lesson-from-u-s-history/

#NigeriaDecides

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
HEAVEN WILL NOT FALL IF GEJ IS DECLARED WINNER .

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
If everybody signs up for this http://addanny.com/social/26/18524 then we would have kicked out poverty from this country.

Make we no dey carry last
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by LogicPower(m): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
ManUtdholic:

Don't waste ur tym writing expository essay
Gej has won d election all these fake result on online is trash
At the end we knw 1 tribe is knw 4 violence

OK, let's meet here when the official result is finally announced. Do not run away from the forum, like the more sensible and intelligent of the PDP supporters have done, after knowing what they know about the actual votes cast for GMB and GEJ so far.

Only the less informed PDP goons who ERRONEOUSLY and FALLACIOUSLY think simply because the PDP has been rigging election at the centre previously, would do it again this time around, and announce that GEJ as the winner even though Buhari clearly has THE MOST total votes, and would CLEARLY secure more than 25% in the required 2/3 of the states.

As I said, just let's wait and see.

Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by ManUtdholic: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
LogicPower:

OK, let's meet here when the official result is finally announced. Do not run away from the forum, like the more sensible and intelligent of the PDP supporters have done, after knowing what they know about the actual votes cast for GMB and GEJ so far.

Only the less informed PDP goons who ERRONEOUSLY and FALLACIOUSLY think simply because the PDP has been rigging election at the centre previously, would do it again this time around, and announce that GEJ as the winner even though Buhari clearly has THE MOST total votes, and would CLEARLY secure more than 25% in the required 2/3 of the states.

As I said, just let's wait and see.
No prob
Re: Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner by henryangelo: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
NewsHub:

1. By vote cast
2. By votes counted
3. By announcement.

God help Nigeria!!!
Am glad you now know that you threw away your vote

Huh, See How Tiny Fish Ate 11yr Old Boy Who Went On Vacation And Fall Into River / Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... / Wife Of Edo State Governor Flung Her Shoe In Public-photo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75