Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps (14333 Views)

Obama Helped Elect Militant Muslim Over Christian Incumbent In Nigeria- Dick Mor / Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by olas24u(f): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
Tony Nwulu appears to be the man of the moment at this time as reports obtained by BlackBox Nigeria has it that the PDP candidate for the Oshodi/Isolo (II) Federal Constituency have defeated the incumbent, Hon. Hakeem Muniru of the All Progressive Congress who was seeking a second term in office.

BBN gathered that Nwulu's victory might not be connected to the huge population of his kins men from the South-East in that axis. A voter who incidentally is a supporter of APC said "Igbo people trooped out from Okota, Ire akari estate, Ajao Estate, Ejigbo etc and proved difficult even as we tried to canvass them."

Although the official results have not been released but the already collated results have shown that the PDP candidate carried the day.

http://www.blackboxnigeria.com/2015/03/breaking-igbo-man-defeats-incumbent-in.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by ozoigbondu: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
Are you serious

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
Errrrrm.........its not official yet
Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by NewsEmpireNG(f): 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
This is the change we seek..... CHANGE OF THE STATUS QUO!!!!!

Am yoruba but i hate it when politicians turn oliver twist for position, cant you lead, pave way & let someone else lead too THE TERM "TWO TERMS" DISGUSTS ME I JUST CANT EXPLAIN WHY!!!!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by LogicPower(m): 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
Congratulations to him.

That's is the beauty of free and fair election; majority should always carry the vote.

And that is why the PDP should know that although they have been rigging elections at the centre for so many years in collaboration with the security agencies, they should STOP contemplating doing it this time around.

They need to fully understand that the present circumstances are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from all the previous ones; the stakes are MUCH HIGHER, the potential risks for miscalculation are MORE POTENT, and the predictable and unpredictable consequences would be far GREATER and MORE SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS.

This is simply because the Nigerian citizens are far more informed and have much more readily available and instant way of accessing and spreading information, and the opposition have much more muscle, are more formidable and far more organized, more determined, and much more nationally spread, than in all previous cases of fragrant subversion of people's electoral choices.

And GEJ and PDP must be fully aware that the popular mandate Buhari/Osinbanjo has just got from Nigerians is a mandate that emanates from THE ORDINARY POEOPLE from all the regions, and across all ethnic and religious divides; and as such, any attempt by anybody to snatch the mandate would amount to daring the ordinary people from across the country.

And as history has shown, no matter how powerful a leader thinks he/she is, there is no way he/she can be more powerful than his/her people; all those who tried it in the past, were eventually proved wrong, as they invariably got crushed by the sheer weight of the people power and condemned to the dark part of history in the end.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by clevvermind(m): 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
things are happening.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by kay1one(m): 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Got word of it!
Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Mrbigman1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
NewsEmpireNG:
This is the change we seek..... CHANGE OF THE STATUS QUO!!!!!

Am yoruba but i hate it when politicians turn oliver twist for position, cant you lead, pave way & let someone else lead too THE TERM "TWO TERMS" DISGUSTS ME I JUST CANT EXPLAIN WHY!!!!

Stability and tussle for power is the reason. Policy stability is the reason.

If the law makers can make a one term six years GEJ proposed, it Wnt be a very difficult thing pulling someone out of power no more.

Good news anyway and I still hope GEJ pulls a stunt in lagos state

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Davidson267(m): 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
I was here
Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by NewsEmpireNG(f): 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
But 4 years is enough time to prove one's worth... i mean thats 365days × 4, with one of the four years having 366days... More than enough if you truly have the interests of the people at heart... *my one cent*
Mrbigman1:

Stability and tussle for power is the reason. Policy stability is the reason.

If the law makers can make a one term six years GEJ proposed, it Wnt be a very difficult thing pulling someone out of power no more.

Good news anyway and I still hope GEJ pulls a stunt in lagos state

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by iiichidodo: 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
PDP!! Change!!...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by customized07: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
Mind blowing

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by tit(f): 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
tinubu is gone!
his doctor is trying to revive him with drip now.
fashola the tribalist is going top jail.

18 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
Where is the results?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by sinizia: 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
Tinubu's dynasty, falling right before his yellow eyes and teeth. grin

Nigerians have finally woken up.
No more personalization of Lagos by Tinubu.
Lagosians have finally stood up to reject the King Looter, Tinubu!!

GEJ till 2019!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by hopeforcharles(m): 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
All i can say is wow. This is the change we want. I predict in the next 10 yrs Igbo man will contest and win Lagos State Governorship seat. IGBO KWENU!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by maclatunji: 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
You win elections without results? How many votes does he have? How many votes do his opponents have?

Laughing at you people.
Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by customized07: 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
He he he he he he he he, PDP change grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by gurusmac4: 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nice one
Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by santity100: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
If this Is true, the yorubas are intellectually superior to the igbos that always vote based on ethnic sentiments.

Can any other tribe try this is the East ?

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
if the guy eventually wins, it is not necessarily because the Igbos trooped out in their numbers to vote for him as claimed by a nairalander above me, it is because everyone here in Oshodi/Isolo is tired of APC and how they use thugs to control the area.

People(irrespective of tribal or religious affiliation) came out enmass to vote out APC and their wahala, they came out to vote for change.

Friedplantain

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Kagame: 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
santity100:
If this Is true, the yorubas are intellectually superior to the igbos that always vote based on ethnic sentiments.

Dont cast tribal slurs.

His constituency is densely populated by his kinsmen and other non-indigenous people who supported him massively,that made his victory easy.

It was a contested position,not a political appointment.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Arch1: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
ilugunboy:
Where is the results?
It is true. PDP is the worst thing to happen to Yorubaland
Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by customized07: 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kagame:

Dont cast tribal slurs.

His constituency is densely populated by his kinsmes,thats the reason he won.

you can imagine a Yoruba man voting an Igbo man, think igbos are not much in Lagos at your peril.

PDP is winning in amuwo odofin and surulere because of igbo population.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kagame:

His constituency is densely populated by his kinsmes,thats the reason he won.

Lies, more Yorubas worked hard to ensure he attains that position. I saw a lot of yoruba boys pasting his posters all across Oshodi and it's environ. If he wins that is because everyone wanted him there, not just the Igbos alone

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
Arch1:
It is true. PDP is the worst thing to happen to Yorubaland

I will rather wait for the official results....
Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by cava: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
yes oh. my vote has counted. cha cha cha cha igbo kwenu, nuo nu , zuo nu. nothing do you. the real change has come to stay.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Rad1cal: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

I will rather wait for the official results....

Simply because PDP won

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by slap1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
santity100:

Which tribe is bold enough to establish in the East?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by phlemzy: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lagos has turned all man's land o. Next election Hausa man will represent.
Sai.........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by collynzo2(m): 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
santity100:

We have a Fulani man as governor in Imo state.
Can Yorubas do that?

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps by Kagame: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Lies, more Yorubas worked hard to ensure he attains that position. I saw a lot of yoruba boys pasting his posters all across Oshodi and it's environ. If he wins that is because everyone wanted him there, not just the Igbos alone

I dont indulge in tribal dick measuring contest.Its a waste of mental energy.

I have told you as it happened,believe it or not.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Still Controls 3 LGAs In Nigeria - UN / Osinbajo Presides Over The National Research And Innovation Council Meeting / ENDSARS: IGP To AIGs, CPs "Resist All Violent & Riotous Elements Forthwith"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.