Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Is It Just Me? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Just Me? (3770 Views)

To All Those Who Claim Evolution Doesn't Make Sense And It's Just A Theory / There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue / Is It Just Me Or Non Muslims Cant Post On Islamic Threads??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 1:14am On Apr 07, 2015
Dolemite:

I am guessing you are one of those logical Christians, so what's your explanation for the orderliness of the universe?
Logical Christians indeed.

I'm just another human.

Yes, I have talked about you asking yourself some fundamental questions already. I don't Know if you've ever done that...if you haven't then the issue of the orderliness should come in while absorbing whatever answer you're convinced with.

Just you and you alone, it must be a personal experience. the effort lies on you, if only the true volition is within you then you would be led to the "great" explanation of "the mobile phone" which its essence at this time must surpass that of a mobile phone.
Re: Is It Just Me? by rinrin23(f): 10:58am On Apr 08, 2015
timmy2409:
Off the top of my head, there's rinrin23, and possibly EnlightenedSoul

Simply irreligious, and have no claims to having superior esoteric/exoteric knowledge as most theists do
Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
rinrin23:

Simply irreligious, and have no claims to having superior esoteric/exoteric knowledge as most theists do

Well put! It's the same with "strong" atheists IMO. What say you?

@Justcare: This post aptly describes my position.
Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
davien:
Actually strong atheists really do present their case very well....unlike strong theists.

Care to expand?
Re: Is It Just Me? by davien(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Care to expand?
Yes, strong atheists defend their position for the non-existence of "gods/god" using and evaluating the claim....

Something like this....

#1 Claim ;

X "god" is perfectly merciful and just...

Response ;

Mercy and justice cannot coexist because mercy is a suspension of justice....you can't suspend justice and still be just at the same time...this goes against the law of non-contradiction in logical thought..
Therefore such a thing/being is impossible....

An example would also be you can't eat your cake and have it. smiley

The above claim and response would be a strong atheist' take for the non-existence of the "god/gods",from evaluating the claim.
Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

oh shocked you're undecided and ain't bothered...
Re: Is It Just Me? by rinrin23(f): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Agreed but I think the term 'God' has been so over- and inappropriately used. I don't believe in 'God' in the religious sense. In the (a) spiritual sense we could say we are all gods, or the sum total of all our souls form 'God'. There are endless possibilities really, I choose not to be rigid in my thinking and this has opened my mind up to different levels of enlightenment I never thought I could reach. I believe we may sort of have the same position, don't think Atheism is the right category though.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Just Me? by johnydon22(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
rinrin23:

Agreed but I think the term 'God' has been so over- and inappropriately used. I don't believe in 'God' in the religious sense. In the (a) spiritual sense we could say we are all gods, or the sum total of all our souls form 'God'. There are endless possibilities really, I choose not to be rigid in my thinking and this has opened my mind up to different levels of enlightenment I never thought I could reach. I believe we may sort of have the same position, don't think Atheism is the right category though.
You are an atheist sweetheart smiley or can be referred to as Agnostic atheist.. smiley

But educate me, what do you mean by soul?
Re: Is It Just Me? by rinrin23(f): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
johnydon22:

You are an atheist sweetheart smiley or can be referred to as Agnostic atheist.. smiley

But educate me, what do you mean by soul?

Mildly put - the indestructible essence of a living thing. I'd be stuck on nairaland if I begin to explain any further

Again I don't believe in boxing belief or unbelief into categories. I think each person is at different stages of enlightenment or lack thereof at different period of times, and enlightenment is a journey.
Re: Is It Just Me? by johnydon22(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
rinrin23:

Mildly put - the indestructible essence of a living thing. I'd be stuck on nairaland if I begin to explain any further

Again I don't believe in boxing belief or unbelief into categories. I think each person is at different stages of enlightenment or lack thereof at different period of times, and enlightenment is a journey.

Plato described it as a more refined atom that is the essence of life and this is still confined to the dimension of spiritual... so this as we know it is unproven.

Anyway do you believe that soul lives on after death
Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 09, 2015
rinrin23:

Neither do I.

I was simply inferring that the "strong" atheist is just as guilty of the below as the theist. I hope you'll not mind the slight edit for emphasis.

rinrin23:

Simply irreligious, and have no claims to having superior esoteric/exoteric knowledge as most a/theists do
Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 09, 2015
JustCare:

oh shocked you're undecided and ain't bothered...

I wonder how you arrived at this conclusion.
Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 5:43am On Apr 09, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I wonder how you arrived at this conclusion.
what else is there to figure out
Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
Dolemite:

I am guessing you are one of those logical Christians, so what's your explanation for the orderliness of the universe?
Don't, just don't listen to him.
Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2015
BoboYekini:
Don't, just don't listen to him.
huh
Re: Is It Just Me? by joywendy(f): 2:36am On Jul 31, 2015
Dolemite:
Am I the only sista atheist on Nairaland? sad
Freecocoa,dhammyg,kay17, etc

This thread is old sha....
Re: Is It Just Me? by chinnyonwu(m): 7:53am On Jul 31, 2015
Op. You dont believe god exists?

Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 31, 2015
Dolemite:
HI
U ARE NOT ALONEwink
Re: Is It Just Me? by herald9: 8:38am On Jul 31, 2015
dhammyg:
HI U ARE NOT ALONEwink
Both atheist and feminist?
Well, the two always go in pari passu.... Long tym, how's school?
Re: Is It Just Me? by Eddlad: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2015
Atheist discuss God even more than Christians.
Re: Is It Just Me? by kolajamesjnr(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
chinnyonwu:
Op. You dont believe god exists?
grin grin grin grin grin
Dis is a joke rit?
Re: Is It Just Me? by kolajamesjnr(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dolemite:
you are not alone
ma fav sista atheist MizJanet
Re: Is It Just Me? by menesheh(m): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dolemite:

I have no freaking idea, consider this illustration, a village untouched by civilization suddenly sees a cellphone in the sand, it makes noises and the technology is way too advanced for them, the village witchdoctor declares that the 'GODS' are responsible for this mysterious device and the village dances and praises the GODS, I am that villager who doesn't buy into it instead has faith that there must be some logical explanation for it even though I have no freaking idea how such a wonderful device could ever be created by man.

I have no idea how this wonderful creation called earth came to be, but I do not believe the bible's explanation because it doesn't make any sense.

perfect,

God of the gap. i don't blame those our stone age ancestors because, there is no other explanation that is available that can fill the gap of the huge unexplained mysteries of the universe. They resorted to supernatural causation as explanations of anything that seems complex to them.
Re: Is It Just Me? by hahn(m): 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dolemite:

I have no freaking idea

I have no idea how this wonderful creation called earth came to be

Most theists find it difficult to admit their ignorance and most time, out of sheer pride or fear of being wrong, prefer to stick to the "god did it" explanation.

A wise man is one who admits he is a fool

1 Like

Re: Is It Just Me? by chinnyonwu(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
kolajamesjnr:
grin grin grin grin grin Dis is a joke rit?
How na.? oya answer. Lmaoo!!
Re: Is It Just Me? by Defcon1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dolemite:
What informed your atheism

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of The Nairalander hugbo orore ''demigods666'' Aka Fake Satanist Pt 2 / Ibeji Orisa, Itan, Ebos (sacrifices) And Incantations / Pastor W.F. Kumuyi In Russia Then The Unthinkable Happens!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.