Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Can I Create Andriod Apps Using C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Create Andriod Apps Using C++ (869 Views)

Please I Need Someone Who Can Create Andriod Apps / Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps / Need Help On How To Build Multi-platform Mobile Apps Using Cordova (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Create Andriod Apps Using C++ by Kofacts(m): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2015
This have actually given me tough time though and i wish to know the answer .
can one design apps(andriod) using the c++ programming language.
Re: Can I Create Andriod Apps Using C++ by GoodBoi1(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2015
I haven't tried it, google appmethod and also qt for android.
Re: Can I Create Andriod Apps Using C++ by blenyo11(m): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2015
Kofacts:
This have actually given me tough time though and i wish to know the answer .
can one design apps(andriod) using the c++ programming language.
Don't you think that will be like using machine gun to kill a rat?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Create Andriod Apps Using C++ by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2015
You can use mosyn sdk or devc++ to create an app with c++ or rad e7. Get started build your app, from scratch . U need to pay have c++ license to create apps
Re: Can I Create Andriod Apps Using C++ by kudaisi(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2015
It is totally possible but unnecessary according to google. This article from official android developer website has good information http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/overview.html which says (Note NDk refers to the typical Java way):
The NDK will not benefit most applications. As a developer, you need to balance its benefits against its drawbacks; notably, using native code does not result in an automatic performance increase, but always increases application complexity. In general, you should only use native code if it is essential to your application, not just because you prefer to program in C/C++.

Typical good candidates for the NDK are self-contained, CPU-intensive operations that don't allocate much memory, such as signal processing, physics simulation, and so on. Simply re-coding a method to run in C usually does not result in a large performance increase. When examining whether or not you should develop in native code, think about your requirements and see if the Android framework APIs provide the functionality that you need. The NDK can, however, can be an effective way to reuse a large corpus of existing C/C++ code.

However I've watched a video of a test that was conducted against C++, C# via mono and Java Dalvik VM. Read quote below.
This video show a speed comparison of a small program that calculate prime numbers. The same program is implemented in C++, C# running on Mono, and Java running on Dalvik-vm. C++ is 14 times faster than Java. C# is 8 times faster than Java.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Internship Opportunity / Hands-on Training On Basic Programmable Logic Controller(plc) / Customer Address Verification Made Easy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.