Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Only For Genius!! - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Only For Genius!! (2617 Views)

Genius: Calculate The Number Of Triangles In This Picture / Strictly For GENIUS- Brain Teaser For D Day / Only For Genius [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only For Genius!! by Mescopaul(m): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2015
Alice came across a lion and a unicorn in a forest of forgetfulness. The lion lies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the other days he speaks the truth. The unicorn lies on Thurdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and the other days of the week he speaks the truth.
Lion: Yesterday I was lying.
Unicorn: So was I.
Which day did they say that?
Re: Only For Genius!! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2015
Sunday.
Re: Only For Genius!! by Mescopaul(m): 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2015
Do u have a reason for that answer? qbd2
Re: Only For Genius!! by darksuit(m): 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
Mescopaul:
Do u have a reason for that answer? qbd2

Thursday

1 Like

Re: Only For Genius!! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
darksuit:

Thursday
Are u giving him d reason to my answer or ur just answering urs?
Re: Only For Genius!! by darksuit(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
qbd2:

Are u giving him d reason to my answer or ur just answering urs?
lolll....dat ur answer can neva be xplained
You just looked for a day that was not listed grin

Anyway daz my own answer
Re: Only For Genius!! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
darksuit:

Anyway daz my own answer
Yes dats just exactly ewhat I did. Notice d day dat wasn't listed. So, what's d reason for ur own answer?
Re: Only For Genius!! by darksuit(m): 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
qbd2:

Yes dats just exactly ewhat I did. Notice d day dat wasn't listed. So, what's d reason for ur own answer?
k
The two animals agreed on the same thing and it was only on sunday they both told the truth.

BUT they made reference to YESTERDAY.
So, we are looking for a day wen one lies and d oda says d truth which wuld fit perfectly. That is thursday.
Afta lying on monday, tuesday and wednesday, the lion said "Yesterday(wed), I was lying" this is true because on thursday he would say the truth
Then the Unicorn said "So was I" this is a lie because on wednesday, the unicorn couldnt lie but bcoz d day the statement was made was thursday, he had to lie that he lied.
How confusing is my explanation cheesy
Re: Only For Genius!! by Mescopaul(m): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
darksuit:

k
The two animals agreed on the same thing and it was only on sunday they both told the truth.

BUT they made reference to YESTERDAY.
So, we are looking for a day wen one lies and d oda says d truth which wuld fit perfectly. That is thursday.
Afta lying on monday, tuesday and wednesday, the lion said "Yesterday(wed), I was lying" this is true because on thursday he would say the truth
Then the Unicorn said "So was I" this is a lie because on wednesday, the unicorn couldnt lie but bcoz d day the statement was made was thursday, he had to lie that he lied.
How confusing is my explanation cheesy
You think you're smart??
Re: Only For Genius!! by darksuit(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
Mescopaul:
You think you're smart??

NO
you tell me
Re: Only For Genius!! by Mescopaul(m): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
darksuit:

NO
you tell me
You are right becos u cannever be smart, rather you're over-smart ..
Re: Only For Genius!! by AAinEqGuinea: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2015
-
Re: Only For Genius!! by Mescopaul(m): 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Only For Genius!! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thursday.

The Lion tells the truth by saying he lied yesterday (wednesday), but the unicorn lied by saying he lied yesterday because he told the truth on wednesday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only For Genius!! by theMusicNerd(m): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
The answer is 'today'
Re: Only For Genius!! by scarletdp(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
As there is no day when both of the beings would be lying, at least one of them must have spoken the truth. They both speak the truth only on Sunday. However, the Lion would then be lying in his statement, so it couldn't be said on Sunday. So exactly one of them lied.

If the Unicorn was honest, then it would have to be Sunday - which from my first paragraph above we proved this wrong. Thus only the Lion spoke the truth when he met Alice on Thursday and spoke with the Unicorn about Wednesday.

So the lion said the truth on thursday that he lied on wednesday, however, the Unicorn who normally says the truth on wedneday, has lied on thurs that he also lied on wednesday
Re: Only For Genius!! by Dheartless: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
darksuit:

Anyway daz my own answer
it can
it is said that those animals are in the forest of forgetfulness

the Lion forgot that it was a Sunday and thought it was a Thursday

so in the end neither of them lied but one forgot the actual day

so the answer is Sunday

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Figure Out What This Diagram Is? / Forum Game: Last Person To Post After Two Weeks of no new comments Wins / Quiz Of The Day Just For Smart People Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.