Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet (80146 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / The Indigenous Ethnic Composition Of Lagos (1911-1950) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by billyG(m): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2015
cuteboy2:
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

The elections are over!!!

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Dr Kayode Fayemi (former governor of Ekiti State)
• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola
• Abike Dabiri (former member House of Representatives)
• Baba Ahmed (former Ambassador, and former INEC Secretary)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Prince Tonye Princewill (LP governorship candidate in Rivers State)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige (senator, and former governor of Anambra State)
• Oby Ezekwesili
Akinwumi d jonatite?although that man is very good it is not go 2 throw d baby with d bath water.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by billyG(m): 7:35am On Apr 02, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Abeg who don see Oressmusanctus, Chukwudi44, temitemi and Barcanista. Their mama dey find dem abeg. Please help us find these children
They hav go on terminal leave after there lousy contract expire,now a mighty tree hav fallen in d forest taking smaller trees along even shrubs,grassess,crickets & earthworms are not spared.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by tuniski: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Sir.
GMB cabinet will be made of Technocrats N professional to bring abt radical change
technocrat and professionals will make nigerians scream change midway! They will be detached.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by bashydemy(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Well i have been thinking of something and i hope it worked.... How about if there's agreement between the APC big wig for Prof Yemi Osinbajo to resign after the swearing in and will be made Justice minister and Fashola will be appointed as the VP cos he the most chosen by Nigerian before the nest of killers (PDP) came up with the Muslim/Muslim ticket.. Just my thinking ooo

Kayode Fayemi- Education
Chris Ngige- Health
Ameachi Petroleum
Lai Muhammed- Information
Abike Dabiri- Women Affairs

So many names from the North and possibly Defense, Minister of Police affairs and lots will sure comes from the North.... Pat Utomi, Segun Oni, Oyinlola etc will surely make the list...
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by giantstrides(m): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2015
Rhea:

[size=14pt]Unfortunately, every state governor is empowered to nominate 2 ministers (one senior and one junior) that the president sends to the senate for clearance. If PDP repeats last weekend's abracadabra in Rivers state during the gubernatorial elections, then Amaechi will have to reconcile with the next Rivers governor or find another state of origin before he can be a minister.[/size]

The president resrves the right to accept or refuse nominees frrom each state governorn , the constitution only mandates him to select two ministers from each state of the federation, I stand to be corrected though .
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by bashydemy(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2015
baby124:
Abubakar Sani Sambo - power
Lovely just read little about him, Keep some good names coming from the North, Murtala Nyako should make your list..
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by jukaizer(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=Rhea post=32258526]

[size=14pt]Unfortunately, every state governor is empowered to nominate 2 ministers (one senior and one junior) that the president sends to the senate for clearance. If PDP repeats last weekend's abracadabra in Rivers state during the gubernatorial elections, then Amaechi will have to reconcile with the next Rivers governor or find another state of origin before he can be a minister.[/size][/quote

Only the presidents is constitutionally empowered to nominate ministerial candidates for approval by the Senate. He must nominate at least one minister from each state (not 2 or we would have had 72 ministers in d present government). He does not require the approval of state governors before making nominations. However PDP as a party asked the president to consult governors in PDP governed states before making nominations. This is strictly a PDP innovation.

2 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2015
cuteboy2:
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Oby Ezekwesili
yeah.....Oby Ezekwesili's name is a MUST...she had won my admiration during d first 100 days protest of d #BringBackOurGirls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by martinosi: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2015
cuteboy2:

The possible names are:

• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Oby Ezekwesili

All this is Guess work..be realistic and state evident facts..there is only to individuals that have to be
in the New Cabinet or if not then the red flags will start to show that the incoming Govt is Clueless...
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by martinosi: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2015
cuteboy2:

Okonjo-Iweala and Allison Madueke can never be in Buhari's government. Haba, bros!! How is that one is even possible?

Fashola will definitely play a key role in Buhari's. For him, I will even hazard a guess that he will be the Secretary to Federal Government (SGF)

Dude are you clueless?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by martinosi: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2015
baby124:
Fashola - Works
Ezekwesili - Dora's former position/ communication
Amaechi - aviation / NDDC
Attorney General - Falana
Defense - captain Koli cheesy
Health. - Fayemi
ROchas - information

Ojerinde - education
Finance - Sarah Alade

I wonder what planet some people are on..can we have some reasons why the people mentioned
above are right for the stated positions.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by martinosi: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2015
raumdeuter:
Ngige - Health

Utomi - Finance

Akinwumi - Agriculture

Fashola = Power

Oshiomole - Works

Petroleum - Tonye Princewill

Niger-Delta - Amaechi

Information - Dabiri

Foreign affairs - Fayemi

lol....this list is a joke right?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by bakila: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
Whatever....
whenever Bros. Like you pan nigerian touch.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by pasol4real(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
We are waiting n watching. u guies wud know wot it really means to be the opposition .

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by revolt(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
MIKOLOWISKA:
Agric and manufacturing(industrial parks)
with which money? The one from cocoa about.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by nduchucks: 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
cuteboy2:

The possible names are:

• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Oby Ezekwesili

Oga, your list may need to be revised to reflect federal character. I'll assume that you are simply unaware of the competent Nigerians from the NC, NE, and NW regions.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by revolt(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
lastpage:

We shoot/bomb them to smithereens! grin grin grin grin

Lastpage!
hope u rmba US predicted our break......remember the Libyan case. It's cheaper to get oil from militants than fg.

Think twice.

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by scoobs: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Keneking:
Ok

1. Dakuku Peterside (Petroleum and Gas), in case he loses on 11.04.2015

2. Amaechi - APC National Chairman

3. Power - Prof Bart

4. Information - Mohammed Lai

5. Defence - General Dambazzu

6. Justice - Fashola

7. Foreign Affairs - Prof Osinbajo ( Vice President)

8. Agriculture - Dr. Ngige

9. Works and Infrastructure - still thinking
lol number 4 was Spot On
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Caseless: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
cuteboy2:

• Senator Bola Tinubu’s nominees (x5)
• Gov Adam Oshiomole’s nominees
• Gov Rochas Okorocha’s nominees
Gov Idris Wada’s nominee
angry shocked

I can't believe u have Wada on ur list. For what reason?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Caseless: 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Keneking:
Ok

1. Dakuku Peterside (Petroleum and Gas), in case he loses on 11.04.2015

2. Amaechi - APC National Chairman

3. Power - Prof Bart

4. Information - Mohammed Lai

5. Defence - General Dambazzu

6. Justice - Fashola

7. Foreign Affairs - Prof Osinbajo ( Vice President)

8. Agriculture - Dr. Ngige

9. Works and Infrastructure - still thinking
what of ogbonanya onu?
Works and infrastructure should given to commissioner of works, kano state.

Amaechi as SFG...... cool
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by SenatorJames(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
cuteboy2:

The possible names are:

• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Oby Ezekwesili
Though some of the GEJ cabinet are very hardworking and highly meticulous (e.g Dr Akinwumi Adesina), but our political system has not grown to the level where the ruling party will nominate someone from the opposition party into any political office in Nigeria.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Larufa(m): 6:35am On Apr 03, 2015
I will love to see Ogbonnaya or Ogbonaya Onu, the first Executive Governor of Abia State, Nigeria from February 1992 to December 1993.
He has being a consistent and loyal partner to the President-Elect.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Rhea(f): 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=jukaizer post=32266145][/quote]

Knowledge pass knowledge

Well done Jukaizer! wink
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by scudamore: 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
One near certainty...
Minister for Sports - Bolaji Abdullahi
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
revolt:
with which money? The one from cocoa about.
Taxes duties tariffs loans bonds. Read a book sometime
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by prassolutions: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2015
who do u think will be minister of education due to its sensitivity? I vote for Princess Sarah Sosan, the woman kept people on their toes in the education sector when she was in charge.

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
SenatorJames:
Though some of the GEJ cabinet are very hardworking and highly meticulous (e.g Dr Akinwumi Adesina), but our political system has not grown to the level where the ruling party will nominate someone from the opposition party into any political office in Nigeria.

Quite unfortunate PMB did not retain Akinwumi. He obviously liked him, and if not for his party sensitivities, and likely opposition, I believe Buhari would have re-appointed him.

Buhari went out of his way to lobby for his appointment as African Development Bank MD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dead IPOB Members In Umuahia Carried Away In A Keke Napep In Abia (Graphic Pics) / FBI List Of Nigeria’s Richest Politicians - Herald.ng / Nigeria's States And The Dates Of Their Creation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.