Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,497 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

What Have You Learnt From 2015 Presidential Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have You Learnt From 2015 Presidential Election? (560 Views)

Lesson Learnt From The Death Of Kogi State Gubernatorial Candidate Audu Abubakar / 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections / Photos From 2015 NEDG Presidential Debate, GEJ Present, GMB Absent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Learnt From 2015 Presidential Election? by gists: 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2015
Fellow nairalanders
For me the major learning from this presidential election is that no ethnic group in this country can solely put her son/daughter on the throne without the support of other region.

GEJ missed it bigtime the moment he proclaimed the votes of SE took him to Aso rock after 2011 elections. From then on he continuously treated other ethnic group with "disdain" as if they were not important. Now he must have realised he missed the opportunity to earn the trust and respect of others no thanks to his divisive administrative style.

With the results released so far, it will take a miracle for GEJ to stage a comeback considering APC stronghold of Borno, Bauchi, Zamfara left to be released.

So, in your opinion, what is the major lesson you have learnt from this election?

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learnt From 2015 Presidential Election? by Sanchez01: 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2015
For me, politicians will perform better in offices henceforth since GEJ is likely to be used as a scapegoat tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learnt From 2015 Presidential Election? by SegzyJoe(m): 12:13am On Mar 31, 2015
In addition to the already stated lessons, I also learnt that you don't give up trying in life. At a time GMBH gave up after the 2011 election, he said he would not seek re- election again, but thank God he listen to advise and now the out come is clear.

Again, initially, he was rigid and not very amenable to change, but thereafter, he realized he needs to change to work with other, then his campaign slogan became CHANGE, now change is here.

Everyone has his own time, GMBH time is here, hope he also learn from the incumbent.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learnt From 2015 Presidential Election? by gists: 5:52am On Mar 31, 2015
Sanchez01:
For me, politicians will perform better in offices henceforth since GEJ is likely to be used as a scapegoat tomorrow.
Yes, this is a big one indeed. Politicians should know that the people have the power to sack them for nonperformance in the next election.

SegzyJoe:
In addition to the already stated lessons, I also learnt that you don't give up trying in life. At a time GMBH gave up after the 2011 election, he said he would not seek re- election again, but thank God he listen to advise and now the out come is clear.
Again, initially, he was rigid and not very amenable to change, but thereafter, he realized he needs to change to work with other, then his campaign slogan became CHANGE, now change is here.
Everyone has his own time, GMBH time is here, hope he also learn from the incumbent.
Reminds me of the story of Abraham Lincoln that failed several times but eventually got it

(1) (Reply)

Photo:imagine What Buhari Is Doing / Kano REC, Wife, Children Die In Inferno / Mrs. Bola Shagaya Not Planning To Host Buhari's Wife - Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.