Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. (63922 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly / Breaking News!!! Pdp Loses Six Reps To Apc, Lp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by nduchucks: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2015

The All Progressives Congress has lost five House of Representatives seats to the Peoples Democratic Party and a seat to the Accord Party in Lagos.

Investigations by our correspondent showed that most of the reps lost in Igbo- dominated local government areas. shocked

Sources in the APC said the love the people of the South-East have for President Goodluck Jonathan positively affected the PDP candidates, some of whom had not even been rigorously campaigning.

In Amuwo Odofin local government, which has a very high Igbo population, especially in areas like Kirikiri, Satellite Town and FESTAC, the PDP candidate, Oghene Egboh, who is from the Niger-Delta, defeated Mr. Ganiyu Olukolu of the APC. shocked

In Ajeromi/Ifelodun, which is one of the most densely populated areas in Lagos State and is home to Ajegunle (another Igbo dominated area), the PDP candidate, Mrs. Rita Orji, who also hails from the South-East, defeated Taiwo Adenekan of the APC.

The story was the same in the Igbo-dominated Ojo LG, where the PDP candidate, Mr. Tajudeen Obasa, won the seat.

In Surulere federal constituency 2, which is home to Aguda and a few Igbo settlements, Mr. Tunji Soyinka of the PDP defeated Mr. Hakeem Bamgbala of the APC.

It was learnt that apart from the ‘Igbo’ factor, the incumbent rep, Mr. Aliyu Kazeem, had been in court with Bamgbala over the conduct of the primary.

It was learnt that the division within the party gave the PDP the opportunity to penetrate the community.

An APC leader in Surulere said, “We are still in shock. Haliyu Kazeem, who is the incumbent, lost the primary in December last year and refused to work with Bamgbala. He took Bamgbala to court and they are still slugging it out.

“If they had put things in order, we would not have lost. Bamgbala is a former chairman of Aguda Local Council Development Area and a good grass roots politician.”

In Mushin federal constituency 2, the APC candidate, Yemi Alli, lost to Dauda Kako-Aare of the Accord Party.

Kako-Aare, who is the incumbent, lost at the APC primary last December to Alli and defected to Accord.

In Oshodi/Isolo federal constituency 2, the incumbent, Mr. Akeem Munir, lost to Mr. Tony Nwoolu of the PDP. shocked

Source

[url=obinoscopy.seun.lalasticala]FP Please[/url]

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 31, 2015
If Yorubas are bigots like you they will not even allow these guys to contest. When will you ever grow up. Lagosians are lagosians. Stop planting tribalism into it.

215 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Raiders: 7:26am On Mar 31, 2015
If care is not taken APC might lose Lagos in the governorship election

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by hardywaltz(m): 7:27am On Mar 31, 2015
Congrats to the Igbo reps

A bigger congrats to our Yoruba brothers..

Ps: Yorubas just saved Nigeria from 4 more years of doom

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by nduchucks: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:
If Yorubas are bigots like you they will not even allow these guys to contest. When will you ever grow up. Lagosians are lagosians. Stop planting tribalism into it.

I'm sorry sir, but I am simply posting raw news. This does not give you the right to call me a bigot when you don't even know anything about me. You sir are the bigot who got bent out of shape simply because you saw the word "Igbo" in the article. Why do you feel threatened by that?

Sir, the political clout of Igbos in Lagos is growing, whether you like it or not. That is the reality, deal with it.

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:

And what would the Yorubas has done to stop the Igbos and the Edo man from contesting? I thought many of you warlords here on Niraland said the Igbos are insignificant in Lagos? wait for it, we are coming for the Governor in Lagos. It is high time you relocated to the SE, live there, have your business and contest election there. Nobody will come to your state to beg you to come over to the SE to contest.

The first mayor of Enugu, Mallam Umaru Altine is a Fulani man, so keep ranting on Nairaland while progressive people are voting for better candidates

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by cooltone: 7:34am On Mar 31, 2015
These PDP trolls should leave my Igbo people alone and should desist from trying to instigate hate and violence against our people. Nigerians have voted and all those victorious are Nigerians which is also a big victory for our democracy. I love and support APC and full blooded Igbo.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by lilbabyak(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2015
Mykevp2p:

And what would the Yorubas has done to stop the Igbos and the Edo man from contesting? I thought maybe of you warlords here on Niraland said the Igbos are insignificant in Lagos? wait for it, we are coming for the Governor in Lagos. It is high time you relocated to the SE, live there, have your business and contest election there. Nobody will come to your state to beg you to come over to the SE to contest.

The first mayor of Enugu, Mallam Umaru Altine is a Fulani man, so keep ranting on Nairaland while progressive people are voting for better candidates
we would have sent them back to their hamlets

6 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by deskossy(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2015
Lagos needs change too...they should crash tinubu empire i need agbaje to win

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by otr1(m): 7:40am On Mar 31, 2015
Now this thread is not necessary...give this kind of impression and the Yoruba will be threatened and work to put an end to this in 2019.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by nduchucks: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2015
lilbabyak:

You better hurry up because you may not be able to do so very shortly. The wind of change is here to stay. I remind of this singular contitutional provision, which will find its way into our constitution wherein a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state.

14 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by shortgun(m): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2015
Hohohohoho

That is to say the presidential results will shock the APC in Lagos.

#APCdontcelebrateyet

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2015
Great for integration. God bless Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by alaoeri: 7:45am On Mar 31, 2015
shortgun:
Hohohohoho

That is to say the presidential results will shock the APC in Lagos.

#APCdontcelebrateyet
Stop giving yourself a false hope, results has been announced & APC leads with over 100,000 votes.
Raiders:
If care is not taken APC might lose Lagos in the governorship election
Aside those Igbos & the Niger deltan that won, the rest are APC defeating APC because they are APC members before decamping due to internal crisis, the issue of those non yorubas winning will be revisited & check in 4years time.

15 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by taharqa: 7:47am On Mar 31, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm sorry sir, but I am simply posting raw news. This does not give you the right to call me a bigot when you don't even know anything about me. You sir are the bigot who got bent out of shape simply because you saw the word "Igbo" in the article. Why do you feel threatened by that?

Sir, the political clout of Igbos in Lagos is growing, whether you like it or not. That is the reality, deal with it.

Nduchucks, the fake Fulani Igbo man, ow far??

Congratulations. Una plan don work abi?? Una don win. No p....

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by taharqa: 7:50am On Mar 31, 2015
alaoeri:

Aside those Igbos & the Niger deltan that won, the rest are APC defeating APC because they are APC members before decamping due to internal crisis, the issue of those non yorubas winning will be revisited & check in 4years time.

You are such an IDIIOOT. The way some of you Yorba, I hope a few sha, carry tribalism for head is really amazing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by nduchucks: 7:50am On Mar 31, 2015
taharqa:

Nduchucks, the fake Fulani Igbo man, ow far??

Congratulations. Una plan don work abi?? Una don win. No p....

Why the name calling this beautiful morning na? Anyway, you are still one of my favorite NLers. May whoever emerges as our next President be the most successful one in our entire history.

10 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by dadebayo1(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2015
Ok
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by taharqa: 7:53am On Mar 31, 2015
Obiagelli:
Great for integration. God bless Nigeria

Congratulations.

At least, you are one of the saner Buhari supporters, who did it out of conviction. An example of a worthy opponent

7 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by alaoeri: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2015
taharqa:

You are such an IDIIOOT. The way some of you Yorba, I hope a few sha, carry tribalism for head is really amazing
STFU m0ron, the ways & manners you & your ilks castigated GMB on this forum ain't tribalism abi? Ode

24 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by taharqa: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2015
nduchucks:

Why the name calling this beautiful morning na? Anyway, you are still one of my favorite NLers. May whoever emerges as our next President be the most successful one in our entire history.

Amen....

I no call you name o.... Na so we dey do ow tin b4 now

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by nduchucks: 7:58am On Mar 31, 2015
taharqa:

Amen....

I no call you name o.... So so we dey do ow tin b4 now

Yes na, good ol' days. I no vex, my brother.

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:

you guys have this feature of speaking from both sides of the mouth. Couple of months ago you lots were gunning for igbos for calling lagos a "no man's land" and you guys thrratened fire and brimstone. Now igbos are winning you're calling it tolerance? Tell that to mayor of Lagos and his likes

26 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 31, 2015
lilbabyak:

For your mind, you think you have made any sense?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by SirShymexx: 8:03am On Mar 31, 2015
Nothing serious. Alas it represented the population percentile of the other groups in Lagos, albeit with irregularities. About 15% of other ethnicities representing Lagos at the federal level isn't bad and it is a wake up call to Yorubas. This is always going to happen, anyway.

Just take a look at the numbers from the North and compare it with SW - it shows Yorubas didn't come out to vote.

They went for the big one at the centre and lost a little bit at home - not bad. Please, no violence - suck it in, and make ya votes count during the governorship election.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by taharqa: 8:06am On Mar 31, 2015
alaoeri:

STFU m0ron, the ways & manners you & your ilks castigated GMB on this forum ain't tribalism abi? Ode

My opposition to Buhari, apart from the fact that I genuinely liked GEJ, was cos I don't TRUST him. I still don't. The bigger reason was cos of the the party whose platform he chose. Now I HATE d guts of APC, even much more than I did FOR PDP. And people like you rep some of the worst specimens in that party

Ikpii

20 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2015
if what happened in south south /south east happened in lagos, they will never have 10 votes. Thats why we believe that there is power in peoples hand not do or die affair. let the people choice prevail. I am saying this, because, just like the man called koka are, i learnt he really helped people for decades. He impacted them positively.

5 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by dhardline(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2015
It will be nice if nairaland stops promoting tribalism cause i dont see how possible it is that only the Igbos voted that guy or were the votes jonathan got in ekiti too all Igbos?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Burger01(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2015
SirShymexx:
Nothing serious. Alas it represented the population percentile of the other groups in Lagos, albeit with irregularities. About 15% of other ethnicities representing Lagos at the federal level isn't bad and it is a wake up call to Yorubas. This is always going to happen, anyway.

Just take a look at the numbers from the North and compare it with SW - it shows Yorubas didn't come out to vote.

They went for the big one at the centre and lost a little bit at home - not bad. Please, no violence - suck it in, and make ya votes count during the governorship election.
Correct!

Nothing really serious.

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by seunfly: 8:12am On Mar 31, 2015
Honestly I'm happy to see that has a Yoruba man and I'm waiting patiently for a day a Yoruba man or a Hausa man will win election outside their own state. This will lay precedence for other placeses.

7 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2015
The Shock has started o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by teniola55(m): 8:13am On Mar 31, 2015
What are these igbos looking for in Lagos?...Does Lagos resemble their Fatherland?...Time to unpack them back to wherever they germinate from

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) / Olushola Popoola Denied Visa By Canada Because He Was A Member Of SARS / Davido's Campaign Billboard For Ademola Adeleke In Osun Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.