Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,944 members, 7,863,341 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

Daliy Grace Capsule | Tue.31st.march.2015 | The Best Among... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daliy Grace Capsule | Tue.31st.march.2015 | The Best Among... (540 Views)

What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? / The Chosen Daily Devotional 31st March, 2016 / Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daliy Grace Capsule | Tue.31st.march.2015 | The Best Among... by ComeBackHome: 8:00am On Mar 31, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | TUE.MARCH.31st 2015

THE BEST AMONG... | 1 Corinthians 12: 31 (AMP)

“But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all — ‘LOVE’]”

NOTE PLEASE: The letter of Paul in 1 Corinthians 12 wasn't a letter written to an individual believer at Corinth. Rather, to the entire Church at Corinth (this speaks of the body of Christ in this dispensation). And as the entire Church desire these spiritual gifts, it is left to the Holy Spirit to divide these gifts among the body correspondingly, as He wills | See 1 Corinthians 12: 11.

To begin with, sincerely speaking, there is no record of where the bible points to a particular gift among the Nine (9) gifts of the Holy Spirit listed in 1 Corinthians 12 as the best.

In all honesty, reading 1 Corinthians 12 contextually, Paul admonished us to desire these spiritual gifts. And also, he (Paul), candidly said we should try our best to have the more important of these gifts but didn't mention a particular one as the best in 1 Corinthians 12.

However, reading the last verses of 1 Corinthians 12, that is, the 31st verse, down to chapter 13 of the same 1 Corinthians; Paul, by the Holy Ghost, made a profound statement about a particular gift that is quite different from the Nine (9) spiritual gifts listed in 1 Corinthians 12: 8 - 10.

But in actual fact, Paul didn’t mentioned a particular gift as the best among them all. Agreeably, each of the Nine (9) gifts are important.

HERE IS THE BEST

1 Corinthians 12: 31 (TLB) | “No, but try your best to have the more important of these gifts. First, however, let me tell you about something else that is better than any of them!”

Better than any of the Nine (9) gifts? What is that thing? You and I really wanted to know.

If there is anything better than all these Nine (9) gifts, please, I desire it. What about you?

Pastor, please, tell me; what is it? You said.

NOW:

If I had the gift of being able to speak in other languages (INSPIRATIONAL GIFT) without learning them and could speak in every language there is in all of heaven and earth, but didn't ‘LOVE’ others, I would only be making noise. If I had the gift of prophecy (INSPIRATIONAL GIFT) and knew all about what is going to happen in the future (REVELATION GIFT), knew everything about everything, but didn't ‘LOVE’ others, what good would it do? Even if I had the gift of faith (POWER GIFT) so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, I would still be worth nothing at all without ‘LOVE’...

I still don't get it. Is that what you are saying?.

Don't worry, let's continue.

If I gave everything I have to poor people (GIFT OF HELP – MINISTRY RELATED GIFT), and if I were burned alive for preaching the Gospel but didn't ‘LOVE’ others, it would be of no value whatever.

'LOVE’ is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. ‘LOVE’ does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out. If you ‘LOVE’ someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him...

Are you kidding me? Wao! Tell me more; please! That might be what is probably going on in your mind right now.

All the ‘SPECIAL GIFTS’ and ‘POWERS’ from God will someday come to an end, but ‘LOVE’ goes on forever. Someday prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge - these gifts will disappear. Now we know so little, even with our special gifts, and the preaching of those most gifted is still so poor. But when we have been made perfect and complete, then the need for these inadequate special gifts will come to an end, and they will disappear...

That is serious.

IT IS LIKE THIS: when I was a child I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I became a man my thoughts grew far beyond those of my childhood, and now I have put away the childish things. In the same way, we can see and understand only a little about God now, as if we were peering at His reflection in a poor mirror; but someday we are going to see Him in his completeness, face to face. Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now.

There are three things that ‘REMAIN’ – “Faith, Hope, and Love”.

However, the GREATEST of these is ‘LOVE’ | 1 Corinthians 13: 1 – 14 (TLB)

Let ‘LOVE’ be your highest goal! | 1 Corinthians 14: 1 (NLT)

In summary, the writer is saying, desire the gift of LOVE above all the Nine (9) gifts of the Spirit – which is the best of all. This is ‘Agapē’ – God kinds of ‘LOVE’.

Why? What is the essence of having all the nine (9) gifts with no ‘LOVE’?

In actual fact, there is no need for seeking this ‘LOVE’. It is what you already have. This ‘LOVE’ is already within your heart, oh ye New Creations. Give it room to express itself. You have the gift of ‘LOVE’ already. Yes; you have!

Romans 5: 5 (TLB) | “Then, when that happens, we are able to hold our heads high no matter what happens and know that all is well, for we know how dearly God loves us, and we feel this warm love everywhere within us because God has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love”

Dearly beloved, candidly, I don’t know what else to say. ‘LOVE’ – the best ‘Gift’ ever. Show love to somebody. Live in ‘LOVE’ at all time. You can only give what you have. You have God kinds of Love ‘IN’ you. You are ‘Love-Bound’.

All needed now is our response to the prompting of the Spirit to express this Love. Respond to love promptings, please.

NOW, SAY | I have the best gift ever. ‘LOVE’ – God kinds of ‘LOVE’ within my heart.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I respond to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, inspiring in me God kinds of Love – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim's Character / Suffering Is A Choice / SERMON JOTTERS: Are You Burning Out ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.