Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,492 members, 7,850,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari (3594 Views)

Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen / See What Igbos Are Saying About Olisa Metuh In Handcuffs, Will Shock You / What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 31, 2015
The results are coming in and as expected igbos are solidly behind Jonathan. But as it stands at the moment victory is leaning towards Buhari. If Buhari finally wins and gets into office I hope he wouldn't "punish" the southeast for not supporting him.

In order to prevent this "punishment" I suggest Ohaneze should go and start shopping online for about 1000 special foreign breed exotic fat cows to present to Buhari and appease him.

Igbos should remember the second Niger bridge and sea port are not there yet oh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 31, 2015
lol
Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 31, 2015
Even if at least 2 southeast states "intentionally" supported Buhari it would have been better. But the entire region went one side. South easterners think they are smart but they lost this chess game.

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by emmanuel77(m): 9:10am On Mar 31, 2015
It's not all ova yet, so dont conclude.
Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Orunto: 9:27am On Mar 31, 2015
Igbos don't owe any group any explanation for their aims. Igbos can never swop anus for vagina and can never be intimidated by any uncultured group seeking for vengeace where there is none.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by braine(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2015
I don't think Buhari would hold anything against them. Hes to kind to do that. The Igbos would only feel the guilt of supporting failure coz of stupiid promises and tribal sentiments.

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by truefact: 9:37am On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari victory will only mean Hausa-Fulani are the owner of Nigeria and Yoruba are the willing tools while the rest are spoils of war.

Hence I can only see the sun truly rising at all cost

11 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by jmoore(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2015
Sorry, Igbos don't worship Buhari.

Buhari is not God!!! Get that into your brains!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by TechRev: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2015
truefact:
Buhari victory will only mean Hausa-Fulani are the owner of Nigeria and Yoruba are the willing tools while the rest are spoils of war.

The truth will always see the light.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Idrismusty97(m): 9:44am On Mar 31, 2015
braine:
I don't think Buhari would hold anything against them. Hes to kind to do that. The Igbos would only feel the guilt of supporting failure coz of stupiid promises and tribal sentiments.
And then they will remember the second Niger bridge and the sea port smiley. Then they will look out how Benue voted without sentiments, they voted against a government that has failed them even do they are 70% catholic Christians and they have been lots of tussles between Fulanis(Buhari tribe) and the indigenous tribes in Benue. Then the Igbos would be in a sober mood....Realising for the first time that politics isn't about sentiments.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 31, 2015
smiley
Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Beautymc(f): 9:53am On Mar 31, 2015
Orunto:
Igbos don't owe any group any explanation for their aims. Igbos can never swop anus for vagina and can never be intimidated by any uncultured group seeking for vengeace where there is none.
Let them know that igbos are not like Ofenmanu people. We stand our ground anytime anyday. If he wins and mess up, in 2019 we won't vote him.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2015
Orunto:
But why do you guys rant about how your father's were killed in the civil war as if you guys didnt kill at all.You guys should be blaming Ojukwu for fighting a war he cannot win due to selfishness and stop apportioning your blame on others.

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by IGBOSON2: 9:59am On Mar 31, 2015
Orunto:

^^^They've been at it (the vengeance thingy) since the civil war....yet we're still here today waxing stronger by Gods grace!

To the OP; read my proverbial lips: Buhari (if confirmed and sworn in as president) is free to continue with the Hausa/Fulani agenda on Igbos he and his people are known for and have been strictly adhering to whenever they find themselves in power! We coped before and if we can come back from what they did to us before and during the civil war then whatever new stuff they have planned for us should be a walk in the park!

Sorry mate, no cows for him! wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by ChrisChino(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2015
we developed our region without government aid..... if buhari like let him just send us out of nigeria... even that will be best gor us.... we dont pay homage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by TechRev: 10:03am On Mar 31, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^They've been at it (the vengeance thingy) since the civil war....yet we're still here today waxing stronger by Gods grace!

To the OP; read my proverbial lips: Buhari (if confirmed and sworn in as president) is free to continue with the Hausa/Fulani agenda on Igbos he and his people are known for and have been strictly adhering to whenever they find themselves in power! We coped before and if we can come back from what they did to us before and during the civil war then whatever new stuff they have planned for us should be a walk in the park!

Sorry no cows for him! wink

Fearless and resolute!!! True son of your father God bless you. But the zoo will crumble.

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by IGBOSON2: 10:03am On Mar 31, 2015
paolo96:

But why do you guys rant about how your father's were killed in the civil war as if you guys didnt kill at all.You guys should be blaming Ojukwu for fighting a war he cannot win due to selfishness and stop apportioning your blame on others.

^^^Shut up you small-minded fool!

Igbos/Biafrans were fighting for survival; fighting to defend themselves from a gov't and people who couldn't care less for their safety! Or you want to sit there and tell me you're not aware of the revenge killings that took place all over the north?....Killings which gowons gov't couldn't stop!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by divide: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2015
unlike GEJ Buhari will be the president of nigeria and not that of a particular people or region.

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by pappyrado: 10:11am On Mar 31, 2015
Igbo ppl sef. Make una dey caRry everytin for head as if GEJ na frm south-east. Na so so ethnicity full una head. Abeg baba sama my cold bottle of odeku make I dey celebrate dey go. Sai baba

2 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by focus7: 10:12am On Mar 31, 2015
I don't Buhari will punish the south east, the just express their believe at the poll. But it is not too late for the igbos to jump into the boat and let's cruise together for a better Nigeria.
Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by PointB: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2015
Ontarget:
The results are coming in and as expected igbos are solidly behind Jonathan. But as it stands at the moment victory is leaning towards Buhari. If Buhari finally wins and gets into office I hope he wouldn't "punish" the southeast for not supporting him.

In order to prevent this "punishment" I suggest Ohaneze should go and start shopping online for about 1000 special foreign breed exotic fat cows to present to Buhari and appease him.

Igbos should remember the second Niger bridge and sea port are not there yet oh.

Fat cows?

I saw dogs and baboons, for his rituals. grin grin cheesy cheesy

Joke aside, I'm really proud to be an Igboman even as the vote count continue!

We said NO to Buhari, Tinubu and their unholy alliance of oil thieves; and we stood our grounds! Now that something to be proud of; that's character!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by PointB: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2015
focus7:
I don't Buhari will punish the south east, the just express their believe at the poll. But it is not too late for the igbos to jump into the boat and let's cruise together for a better Nigeria.

We rather swim even if the river is infested with crocodiles than join forces with brigands and crooks, such assembled by the slaves and their master to steal oil!

Hopefully, the last trace of APC in Igboland shall be erased starting with Rochas in April!

4 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by PointB: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2015
pappyrado:
Igbo ppl sef. Make una dey caRry everytin for head as if GEJ na frm south-east. Na so so ethnicity full una head. Abeg baba sama my cold bottle of odeku make I dey celebrate dey go. Sai baba

See how you contradict yourself.

You said Goodluck is not Igbo, yet you accuse Igbos voting for him of ethnicity! Do you know the meaning of the word or are you just regurgitating what you picked up in some gutter?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by alaoeri: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2015
Beautymc:

Let them know that igbos are not like Ofenmanu people. We stand our ground anytime anyday. If he wins and mess up, in 2019 we won't vote him.
As if you people voted for him now that he's winning, FYI GMB doesn't needs Igbos votes to win an election in this country just as its happening now in as much as his alliance with SW is intact Igbos votes is inconsequential so save the threat for yourself.
Op as a man of dignity GMB's government will cut across all geo political zones, will outperformed that of the clueless one, will erase any iota of religious & ethnic sentiments & at the end of the day an average Igbo sons & daughters will blame their leaders for poisoning their minds towards GMB.

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by PointB: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2015
ChrisChino:
we developed our region without government aid..... if buhari like let him just send us out of nigeria... even that will be best gor us.... we dont pay homage

... we do cower, nor are we easily cowed!
Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Mamatee07: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari will not even bother himself with them, they are well known for backing losers so nothing new grin
Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2015
where actually can buhari fund his Govt when Niger delta people shut down the oil industry?

2 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Mamatee07: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2015
Beautymc:

Mumu, is he not winning without your votes So how will your votes alone make him leave , even if you Ana SS gang up against him you will lose again just like you did this time grin Simply mathematics you no fit do, na so so chest beating that ends up shaming you all tongue

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2015
Must every Nigerian vote for APC? it seems people don't understand that opposition is as important in a democracy as the government in power. I wonder what would have happened if APC had won 100% all over the country.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by masseratti: 10:39am On Mar 31, 2015
truefact:

but you guys have being the willing tools since 1960 what changed? Igbos and hausas have always bring in alliance against the yorubas,so stop accusing us if what you guys do,at least the vote is the southwest and north central are not rigged like votes from NW,NE,SE and SS those regions cancelled each other in rigging,tge deciding factor is the SW and SNC.
Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by bros1234(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2015
The North voted for GMB. We have right to vote for our own.

Fvvck off.

2 Likes

Re: What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari by jmoore(m): 10:44am On Mar 31, 2015
Some people need brain surgery.

So Buhari will kill those that did not vote for him?? Or he will not give any allocation to the south-east?

Change indeed! Change your brain before you cry out change!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu and PMB - Cramjones / Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North / Still On $5 Million Dollars Ugu Export From Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.