Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... (1095 Views)

National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / What Are The Requirement The Mod Do Check B4 Moving A Thread To Frontpage. / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by Adesege(m): 10:13am On Mar 31, 2015
"Having won 25% of the total votes in two-third of the states in the Federation, the winner of the just concluded Presidential election is..."

As at the time of writing this, the APC is leading the PDP with just a state difference. That should be the topic sentence of most newspaper articles and not the million difference between the two contenders.

According to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, correct me if i'm wrong, a contestant must obtain 25% of the total votes in two-third of the states in the Federation and not the highest number of votes wins it all. As funny as it may sound, if a candidate obtains a million votes and not in two third of the states in the federation, he's not a winner but if his/her contender got half a million in two third of the federation, he maybe crowned the winner.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by chiefolododo(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2015
pdp pigs
Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by Adesege(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2015
What makes you think i'm one?

With all due respect, i'll advice you retract that statement. For crying out loud, i'm a stranger to you and nothing should give you the guts, effrontery, and nerves to call me that?

I came here to post my view and i think you are the APC pig here

chiefolododo:
pdp pigs
Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by chiefolododo(m): 10:38am On Mar 31, 2015
this guy does not know how big chiefolododo is
Adesege:
What makes you think i'm one?

With all due respect, i'll advice you retract that statement. For crying out loud, i'm a stranger to you and nothing should give you the guts, effrontery, and nerves to call me that?

I came here to post my view and i think you are the APC pig here

Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by GoodMuyis(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2015
You may be right, The run-off election will have to be determine by Number then, if 25% of the 2/3 does not work
Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by Adesege(m): 10:44am On Mar 31, 2015
And how big are you Mr. Olododo.

Your name is the opposite of yourself.

You as well think everyone here on Nairaland are from a poor background?

You gatto respect yourself and retract that statement.

chiefolododo:
this guy does not know how big chiefolododo is
Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2015
Op you have the right to make your submission, and dont mind them because there are alot of illiterate who dose not want to learn.
Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by Adesege(m): 10:47am On Mar 31, 2015
Thanks bro.

I don't just know why some people fail to read between the lines
freeboy604:
Op you have the right to make your submission, and dont mind them because there are alot of illiterate who dose not want to learn.
Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by chiefolododo(m): 10:48am On Mar 31, 2015
i will deal with you later , for now you are neglected. i see a frustrated, angry man in you. gej lost? be happy dont worry . i am chief olododo not mr olododo , poc
Adesege:
And how big are you Mr. Olododo.

Your name is the opposite of yourself.

You as well think everyone here on Nairaland are from a poor background?

You gatto respect yourself and retract that statement.

Re: Having Met The Constitution Requirement, The President Is... by Adesege(m): 11:04am On Mar 31, 2015
How did i sound frustrated? Must everyone who meddles in Politics be dirty? Be reasonable at least.

APC are known by their lies and not speaking facts.

I still demand you retract your statement Mr. Olododo or Opuro
chiefolododo:
i will deal with you later , for now you are neglected. i see a frustrated, angry man in you. gej lost? be happy dont worry . i am chief olododo not mr olododo , poc

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Abandoned Ministry Of Science, Technology In Bayelsa / Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos / Politician Vs Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.