Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect (25382 Views)

Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) / Wikipedia Updates Buhari's Profile As President Elect / Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
For the first time in my adult life,I am proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by kaboninc(m): 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
edwife:

Of course it's by popular votes,underage you mean? cheesy

Well it's time for them to really witness it first hand and join the queue of those country whose daily song is "if we knew" undecided

Yes, underage the deciding factor and too, my people forget so easily. I had wanted to reply one of Coogar's comment on a thread before it was deleted.

Permit me to repost:

This is just a country where everything goes. Even after they were 'disciplined', they (Niger Delta) SUCCEEDED in crippling the Nigerian Economy (2007-2009 were devastating years coupled with the sharp drop in crude oil prices). We should not take that zone for granted. Look at Boko Haram, the combined states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States really contributes less than 5% to the country's GDP. Compared that to a small state like Bayelsa.

Yet you condone such an attitude and reckless abuse of power. That is also why you do not see any reason why Buhari gagged the Press and ordered soldiers to flog commuters in the name of maintaining orderliness in motor parks! Motor Parks! That is why you do not see any reason that up till today, Buhari has not offered any apology for his actions as a military dictator, most especially to the press.

Nigerians are one kind of a race. We say, 'make we leave am'...

In countries like Serbia, Egypt, such leaders will pay dearly for such careless acts. In these countries, Buhari would be facing jail big time for his inciting comments that led to the death of countless number citizens including Youth Corps after the general elections in 2011.

Just as you know, politics is a very dynamic game, so intriguing and most importantly, a game of numbers.

If the Nigerians from the North were educated and informed, especially in Kastina, Jigawa, Zamfara and Sokoto, Buhari would not have coasted to victory with a landslide. Feudalism...is the virus bedeviling the North.

Still, I trust Jonathan to accept defeat GALLANTLY!

It is my prayer that what caused the Arab Spring, starting from Tunisia, should not repeat in Nigeria.

Emphasis on the bold.

1 Like

Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by aliandro(m): 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Now that he's won,let's see the CHANGE.
But one thing I know is this,'Nigeria will oneday wish GEJ had won this election' mark my word.
Lest I forget,he should be ready to accept critical criticism,GEJ got more than that and stomach'd it like a mature man.
He shouldn't gag the press!,cos me ah go talk.
Thank u GEJ,you're a hero.
Thanks bro...Good talk!!!! Change might be Positive or Negative,Till then
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by edwife(f): 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
kaboninc:

Yes, underage the deciding factor and too, my people forget so easily. I had wanted to reply one of Coogar's comment on a thread before it was deleted.

Permit me to repost:

Emphasis on the bold.

i like the part where he said and i quote"It is my prayer that what caused the Arab Spring, starting from Tunisia, should not repeat in Nigeria".

Well it might interest him and fellow Nigerians to know that what we fear will definitely happen.A leopard does not change his spot.It is sad that we will have to learn the hard way and i personally think it is high time Nigerians witness that.

2 Likes

Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by kaboninc(m): 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
edwife:

i like the part where he said and i quote"It is my prayer that what caused the Arab Spring, starting from Tunisia, should not repeat in Nigeria".

Well it might interest him and fellow Nigerians to know that what we fear will definitely happen.A leopard does not change his spot.It is sad that we will have to learn the hard way and i personally think it is high time Nigerians witness that.

I actually wrote that piece in reply to him.

But biko, its best we remain stagnant than explode. Our strength as a country is in our diversity. And ironically, our diversity is our greatest weakness!

This one too, we shall pass. Most commentaries from informed public analysts have always identified the success of this election to popular votes. Our democracy is on the right path

1 Like

Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by Emmyk(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
But one thing I know is this,'Nigeria will oneday wish GEJ had won this election' mark my word.
Lest I forget,he should be ready to accept critical criticism,GEJ got more than that and stomach'd it like a mature man.
What are you? A prophet of doom?? cheesy cheesy

Easy my dude. This isn't the military era.

Expect the best from GMB. smiley
If he doesn't perform, we'll remove him in 4years time
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by Haur1404: 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
Sincerely, I think we need to pray again for the peace of this nation. Thank God the election was free and fair but we need to pray for the days ahead. Buhari still has a court case with regards to his certificate. Let us pray that the case will not drag till May 29th when President Goodluck mandate will expire and he will have to handover. If the case is still not concluded by then, he might not handover to the President elect. The whole thing seems like a chess game. The military is watching. Nigeria needs to pray now more than ever for peace, tolerance, understanding and mercy. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by victorix(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
sai baba

do u guys know wikipedia page can be edited by anybody
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by Revolva(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
grin I trust america dem don update sharply
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by Revolva(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2015
angry una don hear am say na buhari be presido....even america don ordain am Oya all ye ethnicity bigot now eyes have opened our igbo brothers now una don see wetin ngige n rochas kept telling you guys but you guys were too blind with religion and ethnicity.....hahahaha buhahahhhahaharirrir

1 Like

Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by MissClassy15: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
Godwin
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by qasmah(f): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
Sunday8650:
Tanoids how market na grin grin grin
Were GEJites dey.
They are packing now,at least they will sha follow their oga to im village now
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by qasmah(f): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2015
Emmyk:

What are you? A prophet of doom?? cheesy cheesy

Easy my dude. This isn't the military era.

Expect the best from GMB. smiley
If he doesn't perform, we'll remove him in 4years time

I can feel his pain,it's not easy to accept dr guru is going back home....
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by qasmah(f): 8:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Take a chill pill,d change is here already,pls don't draw us back with your pessimistic ideas.
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by frisky2good(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
Even you can edit most of the things on wikipedia.

wese90:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari
Re: Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect by Burger01(m): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2015
Tashaamania:

Abeg stop using that pic of Buhari, it's very ugly
Alright ma cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beggars Pray In Kaduna; Kill Pregnant Sheep, Ask God To Punish Their Oppressors / Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 / Dickson Exposes Opposition's Rigging Plan - Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.