Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

What Went Wrong For GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Went Wrong For GEJ (1205 Views)

It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba / What Went Wrong With Fashola? / Bukola Saraki Releases A Press Statement After Tweets Went Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Went Wrong For GEJ by segend(m): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
technically, GMB has won the election, will like to hear your opinion on what went wrong. My opinion:
-GEJ made a lot of enemies-OBJ, Amaechi and the other governors that defected, Sanusi. All these (except Sanusi) would have won him the election, especially Amaechi and ilorin's governor

-His campaign should be a case study of how not to run a campaign. rarely talked about his achievement, and accomplishment, but focused on character assassination. Very few GEJ's supporters can articulate his achievements.

-He realized that people don't like him as early as 2012, when he complained that he is the most abused president on social media, but he did nothing to correct that.

-Tribal sentiments. He really divided Nigeria along tribal lines.

-His seemingly cluelessness, which was well used by APC against him

-The way he tackled boko haram. Insyead of tackling it, he was busy accusing opposition and northerners.

-His attitude towards corruption. seriously, that for me was my major issue with him.

You can add yours

cc: seun, lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
hE IS A GONER
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by segend(m): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
oluface:
hE IS A GONER

But a part of me feels for him sha
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2015
segend:

But a part of me feels for him sha
WHY WOULD YOU BRO.. LOOK AT WHAT HE HAS DONE TO NIGERIA IN THE LAST 6 YEARS.. WAS NIGERIA LIKE THIS?
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by segend(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
oluface:
WHY WOULD YOU BRO.. LOOK AT WHAT HE HAS DONE TO NIGERIA IN THE LAST 6 YEARS.. WAS NIGERIA LIKE THIS?

I know, and I want him out. Just pity am small na.... grin
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by 7lives: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
The only thing wrong with JEG is that took Nigerians for granted by surrounding himself with incompetent people.
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by segend(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2015
7lives:
The only thing wrong with JEG is that took Nigerians for granted by surrounding himself with incompetent people.

That was his number 1 undoing
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by jaybee3(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
I actually don't give a fûck about what went wrong with Jona as I'm still dancing shoki for Sai Baba

He is a man and has taken responsibilities for his inactions

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by cyril: 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
7lives:
I agree with u on this.I also am proud of what he has just done(conceding defeat & congratulating the victor).He's my man of the year now.
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
I think he wasn't listening to the people or the people that ought to be his ears were not telling him what people are saying but instead telling him what will make him give them more money . . . . Jonathan for sure is a great guy and want the best for the nation, but surrounded with the wrong people . . . . However, even though he has lost this election, his name will go down in the history book as a leader that is not selfish - if he hands over without any trouble . . . .

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by splashbaby(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
We love GMB because GEJ's supporters thought and acted like we were his enemy ...and eeeem GEJ did not stop them. ...GEJ personality was not a problem but his supporters
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by BizBloke(m): 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2015
Fhemmmy:
I think he wasn't listening to the people or the people that ought to be his ears were not telling him what people are saying but instead telling him what will make him give them more money . . . . Jonathan for sure is a great guy and want the best for the nation, but surrounded with the wrong people . . . . However, even though he has lost this election, his name will go down in the history book as a leader that is not selfish - if he hands over without any trouble . . . .

!!

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by Pebcak: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
SLS factor
Amaechi factor
OBJ factor
IBB factor last minute
Alliance of major opposition
APC played a very technical political game and it worked kudos to Tinubu,Lai Mohamed, Oyegun and all supporters for relentless effort (not that GMB was the best candidate they can come up with but he his the best that can unseat GEJ, so get GMB and look from some1 from the south Fashola,Okorocha,Amaechi but Fashola Muslim factor, Okorocha Might not be able to deliver SS and SE, Ameachi same reason as Okorocha
But choose a yoruba xtain and a very good choice in PYO paid off
Will like to see APC field likes of El rufai, Kwankwaso,Fashola,Okorocha,Ajimobi in the nearest future but Northerners need to take a chill pill after GMB seriously

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by Goodnuel: 8:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
Pebcak:
SLS factor
Amaechi factor
OBJ factor
IBB factor last minute
Alliance of major opposition
APC played a very technical political game and it worked kudos to Tinubu,Lai Mohamed, Oyegun and all supporters for relentless effort (not that GMB was the best candidate they can come up with but he his the best that can unseat GEJ, so get GMB and look from some1 from the south Fashola,Okorocha,Amaechi but Fashola Muslim factor, Okorocha Might not be able to deliver SS and SE, Ameachi same reason as Okorocha
But choose a yoruba xtain and a very good choice in PYO paid off
Will like to see APC field likes of El rufai, Kwankwaso,Fashola,Okorocha,Ajimobi in the nearest future but Northerners need to take a chill pill after GMB seriously
Sure about that bro??
Re: What Went Wrong For GEJ by Bowaley17(m): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
Bad Administration

(1) (Reply)

President-elect Muhammadu Buhari's 100-day 10-point Pledge / Ogun State Gubernatorial Election, meet the candidates. / The Whole Oba Of Lagos Episode Was A Well Acted Script By The Oba & Igbo Ezes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.