Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! (5828 Views)

Uniform: Buhari May Back Customs Boss Against Senate / Buhari May Extend 10-day Trip — Sahara Reporters / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Raiders: 12:29am On Apr 01, 2015
plux4:
it will not be applicable here because ameachi/omehia was basically one party affair (pdp) affair. But in dis case it involve two different parties.
Even if Buhari is disqualified by the courts. Gov. Kwakwaso of Kano will take over because APC won the election. PDP only hope of removing Buhari is if they can prove the election was rigged to favour Buhari. The certificate court case is not going to make the court declare pdp winner.
Anyway I think the court is going to strike out the case because Buhari is qualified and meet the constitution requirement. The whole certificate issue was just to distract Buhari. I believe Buhari wrote and pass his waec. He already prove that with is statement of result
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 01, 2015
chibecanglobal:
It may interest you to note that the strong case against him borders on perjury and also failure to adhere to the guidelines and rules relating to INEC form 001.All that is required is for the plaintiffs to prove that he perjured and that he did not satisfy the rules.
The constitution is explicit on those ponts.
The perjury case will be dismissed!!!mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please do me a favour,bookmark this page or save this thread,you can cram my moniker or do anything,mark my words Buhari will not be disqualified!!!!!
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2015
Raiders:
its the almost the same situation. Omehia was disqualified by the courts and another party member Ameachi claimed the mandate. The presidential victory belongs to APC and candidates name was not on the ballot paper. If buhari is disqualified Osinbajo remains the vp just like Tele Ikuru remained ameachi Deputy when Omehia was disqualified. The Kano governor will be asked to replace buhari if he is disqualified. Elections are won by political parties not candidates in Nigeria.
But commonsense demands that the party oought to be culpable if it can be established that Buhari their candidate whom they ought to have vetted thoroughly before presenting him to represent them. Since according to you the law recognises the party in election and not the flagbearer therefore the candidate is just acting as an agent of the party if he is found to be diqualified then the primcipal is also disqualified
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2015
wakacome:
The perjury case will be dismissed!!!mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please do me a favour,bookmark this page or save this thread,you can cram my moniker or do anything,mark my words Buhari will not be disqualified!!!!!
Try and be dispassionate about your analysis..You are just sounding emotional my dear.Just give me a logical reason you said the perjury case will be dismissed.
I know that the only thing that will strike the case down is lack of evidence.
I want to learn one or two points from your arguments.
Thanks.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by ShySteady(m): 1:00am On Apr 01, 2015
The Nigerian judicial system has created a bigger mess for Nigeria and its citizens. Right from the day they upheld VP Atiku's defection to the CAN as a sitting Vice President, I knew we had entered a big mess. How can a sitting president of a country run the affairs of the country with the ideology of a party and work in harmony with his vice who is obviously going to have his party's ideology? For me it makes no sense.
Then the case of Omehia vs Amaechi. The court adjudged that there was a wrong substitution after the primaries of the PDP and gave victory to the party instead of "the person" who ran for the office. Thereby removing Omehia and replacing him with Amaechi who never campaigned.
In this case, if Buhari is disqualified for any reason, I don't know if section 136 of the constitution explains better.
In my opinion, the candidate with the second largesst vote should be sworn in.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by menesheh(m): 1:02am On Apr 01, 2015
chibecanglobal:
Try and be dispassionate about your analysis..You are just sounding emotional my dear.Just give me a logical reason you said the perjury case will be dismissed.
I know that the only thing that will strike the case down is lack of evidence.
I want to learn one or two points from your arguments.
Thanks.

On point, we knew he (Buhari) may ride smooth on those stony paths but logic reasoning is required here not telling us what we seems to know
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 2:23am On Apr 01, 2015
menesheh:

On point, we knew he (Buhari) may ride smooth on those stony paths but logic reasoning is required here not telling us what we seems to know
How you know he will sail thru is what i want you to table before me. I really want to understand the logic behind that reasoning.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by rman: 2:43am On Apr 01, 2015
wakacome:
[b]The case presently at court is that the PDP guys claim buhari does not have a certificate,the law states that the candidate must have a leaving school certificate or its equivalent!!!!the equivalent makes that part of the constitution to be exploited and anyone in nigeria will take advantage of it,,buhari got to the high rank of the nigeria army,he can use any certificate whether from any program he did in nigeria or abroad since the constitution allows "equivalent"the constitution does not specify what the "equivalent"must be......trust me the case is dead on arrival,the case will be dismissed,mark my words,I repeat that case is dead...buhari will not be disqualified,....am not talking because am a fan of buhari but am talking according to the constitution and the facts on ground,and also someone might say nobody is above the law,but guess what??that is a lie,the experienced lawyers and judges will tell you something is above the law and that thing is called "wisdom"...[/b]

Case closed!
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Bayswater: 2:45am On Apr 01, 2015
Lilknight:
Bunch of rubbish.....#u con think say JAGABAN(tinubu) go con open his eye down make dem disqualify dem. Bro 4gt, na 9ja we dey. Things doesn't work out dat way, even d judge wey go judge d matter sef all want CHANGE. #sai Buhari

Is Tinubu the judiciary? Or is he bigger than our constitution?
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Lilknight(m): 3:04am On Apr 01, 2015
Bayswater:

Is Tinubu the judiciary? Or is he bigger than our constitution?
No he isn't, but he' gad a greater influence on our judiciary. Don't u knw some people are bigger dan d law in nigeria, if u dnt knw permit me to refer u to obj.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Bayswater: 4:21am On Apr 01, 2015
Lilknight:
No he isn't, but he' gad a greater influence on our judiciary. Don't u knw some people are bigger dan d law in nigeria, if u dnt knw permit me to refer u to obj.

I know what you mean. It baffles me how anybody would call GEJ a dictator where these two are?
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 01, 2015
Lilknight:
Bunch of rubbish.....#u con think say JAGABAN(tinubu) go con open his eye down make dem disqualify dem. Bro 4gt, na 9ja we dey. Things doesn't work out dat way, even d judge wey go judge d matter sef all want CHANGE. #sai Buhari
grin ;Dvery funny,so Judge sef don tire 4 no light,no security for his children and grand children even tho he or she has one or two police constable as security. So in short the Judge himself wants the change.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by eightsin(m): 7:22am On Apr 01, 2015
chibecanglobal:
It may interest you to note that the strong case against him borders on perjury and also failure to adhere to the guidelines and rules relating to INEC form 001.All that is required is for the plaintiffs to prove that he perjured and that he did not satisfy the rules.

Waiting patiently for the ruling on the 22nd
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 7:26am On Apr 01, 2015
rman:

Case closed!
Case closed even when act of perjury can be proven really?
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 01, 2015
Raiders:
if he gets disqualified the kano state governor will replace him because he came 2nd while Osinbanjo will remain the VP. The election was won by APC not pdp

No problem, I just dnt want Buhari thats all
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Kevinoh: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibecanglobal:

Hmm... interesting.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Kevinoh: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
wakacome:

Dude! You do not need a thousand exclamation marks to make a simple point. undecided Whatever will be will be, God bless Nigeria. smiley
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Kevinoh:

Dude! You do not need a thousand exclamation marks to make a simple point. undecided Whatever will be will be, God bless Nigeria. smiley
dust.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by handie(m): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2015
Bright007 my real girl. How far na? Remember You termed me a GMB robot and say A certificateless fellow will never lead you? Well, that certificateless fellow will start leading you from May 29 insha Allah. Any plans to port to Togo, Benin, Sierra Leone, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Somalia or Liberia? I'm always magnanimous in victory but you, i'm gonna ub it in.And in case you don't know, the same AIT and NTA who say he doesn't have an SSCE certificate now Say he has an Msc o. .... The Nigerian army also confirms that they have miraculously found his missing certificate. Seems they actually forgot it in your oga Jonah's office
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by MyMouth(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2015
Buhari's certificate is with the military! They don find am for one corner for the Secretary office. Let us wait and see the military officer that would come out and dispute that! cry
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by turawafett(f): 8:17am On Apr 04, 2015
The last time I check, the Nigerian Army suddenly said they are in possession of Buhari certificate after he was declared winner of the election so case closed.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 8:34am On Apr 04, 2015
turawafett:
The last time I check, the Nigerian Army suddenly said they are in possession of Buhari certificate after he was declared winner of the election so case closed.
Only if that story is true then the case has died a natural death.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 04, 2015
Kevinoh:

I hate to say this but lets not get too excited about Buhari's victory forgetting he still has a pending court case in april concerning his alleged waec certificate forgery.

Don't get me wrong people,I want a better Nigeria for everyone.

Baba, no court can upturn a mandate. It would have been easier for them before the election. The only way they can disqualify him is by investigating the accusations of fraud concerning the election and not about certificates. Moreover, I read that the certificate has been found.

Any way to disqualify Buhari (now) even legally might lead to chaos. That is what the judges would be considering now. This country would burn if they upturn the mandate. It is a fact that even the judge and PDP know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Shocking Fact About North Korea That Makes The Whole World Hate Them. / Breaking!!! Nigerians will not take this from APC and PDP (see Picture) / This What Biafra Need To Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.