Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ... (3027 Views)

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics / "Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says / Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Tranquill: 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2015

4 Likes

Re: ... by ubiquitousade(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
Tranquill:
The Igbos have shown the minorities that a true brother is one that fights your battle with you. Though the election was lost by Jonathan, the support he got from the Igbos can not be overestimated. Also, the Unity it brought among the minorities is unprecedented.

I got to understand that the dislike and sabotage Jonathan got from the Yorubas was because of the support he was getting from the Igbos as they always feel they are in competition. Some have said to me that Jonathan is building the second Niger bridge and asked why he did not build the fouth mainland bridge for them in Lagos and that he did not give them juicy appointments while one of the first things he did was to reward the Igbos with various appointments including the first chief of army staff they never had since the civil war.

Despite the disappintment, I feel this alliance should be consolidated to build a powerful block for the future. The two sides should forget whatever have divided them in the past and retain this brotherhood for the sake of future generations because NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE ONE. Since the Yorubas chose to align with the Hausa/Fulani which I strongly believe will be shortlived judging from history, the South/South and South/East leaders should see the positive side of the Jonathan presidency and if posible try to bring in the middle belt minorities to form a formidable alliance against the hegemony that the Hausa/Fulani will want to re establish.

Good politics is being able to think ahead and prepare for the future.

The bolded above is a fallacy and only the thoughts of the few you spoke with. The Yoruba as a people gave GEJ the required minimum 25% votes in all the states, this was nt obtained in the north. These are people who gave GEJ their votes in the 2011 election.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by nitrogen(m): 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2015
Dude, take your pills before sleeping.

Don't mention!

8 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
You have no point. The yorubas gave Jonathan a fighting chance. How can you bring your friends' silly point of view and make it the yourbas point of view.

Jonathan lost because He is a weak leader, nothing more. Face the fact and stop using tribal sentiments to divide the nation.
I dont want to believe you are speaking for the igbos, because I know igbos who are way more intelligent than this.

If Buhari doesn't perform, then lets kick him out. Power belongs to the people (every Nigerian) not to any party or particular tribe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by focus7: 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
Op correct that topic. It should be "The Igbos Are The minority".
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
Tranquill:
The Igbos have shown the minorities that a true brother is one that fights your battle with you. Though the election was lost by Jonathan, the support he got from the Igbos can not be overestimated. Also, the Unity it brought among the minorities is unprecedented.

I got to understand that the dislike and sabotage Jonathan got from the Yorubas was because of the support he was getting from the Igbos as they always feel they are in competition. Some have said to me that Jonathan is building the second Niger bridge and asked why he did not build the fouth mainland bridge for them in Lagos and that he did not give them juicy appointments while one of the first things he did was to reward the Igbos with various appointments including the first chief of army staff they never had since the civil war.

Despite the disappintment, I feel this alliance should be consolidated to build a powerful block for the future. The two sides should forget whatever have divided them in the past and retain this brotherhood for the sake of future generations because NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE ONE. Since the Yorubas chose to align with the Hausa/Fulani which I strongly believe will be shortlived judging from history, the South/South and South/East leaders should see the positive side of the Jonathan presidency and if posible try to bring in the middle belt minorities to form a formidable alliance against the hegemony that the Hausa/Fulani will want to re establish.

thesse are reasons political watcher say ibos will never be president of Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: ... by Scatterboss(m): 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2015
ubiquitousade:

The bolded above is a fallacy and only the thoughts of the few you spoke with. The Yoruba as a people gave GEJ the required minimum 25% votes in all the states, this was nt obtained in the north. These are people who gave GEJ their votes in the 2011 election.

God bless you. Dont mind these tribalist, he won in Ekiti but lost in all the core North. Insulting the Yorubas makes them feel good and fulfilled.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by yomi007k(m): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2015
Op stop fooling urself.
SS and SE will never unite. All ur doing is just a temporary collaboration which will always fail because you are not straightforward.

5 Likes

Re: ... by Canme4u(m): 1:35am On Apr 01, 2015
greatbygrace:
You have no point. The yorubas gave Jonathan a fighting chance. How can you bring your friends' silly point of view and make it the yourbas point of view.

Jonathan lost because He is a weak leader, nothing more. Face the fact and stop using tribal sentiments to divide the nation.
I dont want to believe you are speaking for the igbos, because I know igbos who are way more intelligent than this.

If Buhari doesn't perform, then lets kick him out. Power belongs to the people (every Nigerian) not to any party or particular tribe.
Re: ... by Canme4u(m): 1:36am On Apr 01, 2015
Scatterboss:

God bless you. Dont mind these tribalist, he won in Ekiti but lost in all the core North. Insulting the Yorubas makes them feel good and fulfilled.
Re: ... by Tranquill: 12:25am On Apr 02, 2015
ubiquitousade:

Apart from Ekiti the 25% that GEJ got in other states were made possible by the non Yorubas that reside there combined with the few Yoruba votes.
Re: ... by Tranquill: 12:29am On Apr 02, 2015
eliment:
thesse are reasons political watcher say ibos will never be president of Nigeria

Political watchers are also watching to see another Yoruba president after Obasanjo. If you think you will ever get votes from those under-aged kids that voted for Buhari then you are on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: ... by Tranquill: 12:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Scatterboss:

We know who the tribalists are. They are those Yoruba 'intellectuals' and 'professors' that met in Ibadan to declear that "any Youruba person that votes for Jonathan must be a bastard".

1 Like

Re: ... by Scatterboss(m): 12:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Tranquill:

We know who the tribalists are. They are those Yoruba 'intellectuals' and 'professiors' that met in Ibadan to declear that "any Youruba person that votes for Jonathan must be a bastard".

Those that said the Igbos should not vote for awolowo and Amala people are patriots. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by ChristyG(f): 12:53am On Apr 02, 2015
Tranquill:

Apart from Ekiti the 25% that GEJ got in other states were made possible by the non Yorubas that reside there combined with the few Yoruba votes.
this is has to be the most id1otic response ever,are u saying all those who voted for jona in lagos,oyo,osun,ondo,ekiti,ogun are non yorubas.u guys think of urself to much when in reality u are absolutely NOTHING.what about in 2011 when jona won in d south west,was it also the non indigenes and 'few yorubas' that voted for him...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by BlackGirlsCode: 12:58am On Apr 02, 2015
mucheche! Yoruba rocks grin
Re: ... by jafre: 1:00am On Apr 02, 2015
In my opinion...

what the op is insinuating is terrible tribalism, backwardness and highly disgusting. (no insults)

To suggest openly that Yoruba states shouldn't have voted for the best interest of themselves and the country but to vote for Jonathan in order to support SS/SE ?

What logical reasoning allows such thoughts?

In the future, when the SE manages to present an Igbo presidential candidate on a major party ticket is this what the campaign would be about? Vote for him to support the SE?

Please Igbos should stop doing this to themselves. All this tribal and ethnic sentimental talk is working against you.

3 Likes

Re: ... by Tranquill: 2:45am On Apr 02, 2015
nitrogen:
Dude, take your pills before sleeping.

Don't mention!

Hope you are not mistaking me for Tinubu because I hear he gulps over 100 pills a day.

1 Like

Re: ... by bokohalal(m): 4:40am On Apr 02, 2015
The dislike and sabotage suffered by GMB in the East was because of Yoruba support.
OP, replace the name, the region and the ethnicity and you will have the same result. If anything, the Igbos cannot accuse anyone of not supporting their candidate for the presidency when they did not support others for theirs.
Re: ... by ubiquitousade(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tranquill:

My response is capture below

jafre:
In my opinion...
what the op is insinuating is terrible tribalism, backwardness and highly disgusting. (no insults)
To suggest openly that Yoruba states shouldn't have voted for the best interest of themselves and the country but to vote for Jonathan in order to support SS/SE ?
What logical reasoning allows such thoughts?
In the future, when the SE manages to present an Igbo presidential candidate on a major party ticket is this what the campaign would be about? Vote for him to support the SE?
Please Igbos should stop doing this to themselves. All this tribal and ethnic sentimental talk is working against you.
Re: ... by abduljabbar4(m): 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
These people are noise makers. Abeg don't reply them jare. They supported you in 2011. You want them to turn to your slaves? To vote for your brother all the time because they are brainless like you?

Kudos to the Yorubas! I will vote for a Yoruba candidate in 2019 regardless of the party

4 Likes

Re: ... by orubebe1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
Coming back to read...
Re: ... by Xflint(m): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
i love ur post

1 Like

Re: ... by EasternPride: 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hehehe, let's bump this thread.

Afonjas
Re: ... by orimsamsam(m): 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
Just waiting for 2019 to come and see if this chest beating Igbos will vote for a northern candidate.

Dere was no place in SW except Lagos were Jonathan didn't more than 200,000 vote

One yesterner even said majority of the people that voted for Jonathan in SW are from SS/SE

1 Like

Re: ... by drss(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
Tranquill:

true talk.

1 Like

Re: ... by drss(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2016
abduljabbar4:
These people are noise makers. Abeg don't reply them jare. They supported you in 2011. You want them to turn to your slaves? To vote for your brother all the time because they are brainless like you?

Kudos to the Yorubas! I will vote for a Yoruba candidate in 2019 regardless of the party
say hello to tinubu. grin
Re: ... by Rugaria: 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
Tranquill:

Very apt write up from a fair weather friend...
Re: ... by Tranquill: 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
Rugaria:

Very apt write up from a fair weather friend...

Lol fair weather friend? Far from it.
At least you could see my position on working with the Igbos devoid of hatred or malice but when the same people come online every day to insult people, show some tendencies to dominate rather than work with others, open thread almost every day to disparage and fabricate lies against Ikwerre people and others who disagree with their views, you don't expect people to keep quiet.

You've almost squandered the chance of having a working alliance with the minorities as you allow and support ipod and other minions to continue disrespecting and insulting others.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
The Igbos have shown the minorities that a true brother is one that fights your battle with you

The biggest joke of the century, you love no one, you only manipulate them for your needs, you only love them when they support you, but hate immediately they want to have different options.

Minorities have igbos ever praise your good qualities? Why do they only praise Edo guy based on how stubborn and destructive they are? Why are they praising the river based on their quickness to violence? Why are they insulting obaseki? Why are they insulting wike? Simple answer, as long as you remain focus and stop being empty vessel, the igbos will continue to hate you which is a good thing!
Re: ... by Rugaria: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Tranquill:

Lol fair weather friend? Far from it.
At least you could see my position on working with the Igbos devoid of hatred or malice but when the same people come online every day to insult people, show some tendencies to dominate rather than work with others, open thread almost every day to disparage and fabricate lies against Ikwerre people and others who disagree with their views, you don't expect people to keep quiet.

You've almost squandered the chance of having a working alliance with the minorities as you allow and support ipod and other minions to continue disrespecting and insulting others.

It seems to me that some of the so-called minorities in the east seem to have very little patience for the igbos compared to how they relate to the other 2 major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Let's be serious here; close your eyes and imagine what will be happening all over the south south, if it was an igbo man that is the president, handing off offshore oil wells to fellow Igbos right left and center, while "igbo herdsmen" are all over the place, killing and maiming at will as was the case at obigbo. I'm sure that every Igbo in site will be a target by now. But it's the fulani and you are all calm with it...The oil workers in your villages are mainly dominated by the Yorubas since the end of the war., it's all good..

Your oil money has biult shiny cities both in Lagos and abuja. , created billionaires elsewhere. You only get 13% and pipeline contracts! What I don't get is why you guys get soooo riled up because one says that their are igbos in the south south! Are there no igbos there? Nzeogwu is Igbo! Amaechi said he is Igbo! So why will any Igbo be happy when an uncouth Wike refers to him as a foreigner? Are there no igbos in obigbo? Or are you saying they are all visitors? What is it that the Igbo has really collectively done to the minorities, that outweighs the kind of strategic solidarity shown during the Jonathan's days that you so concisely explained with your initial post?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ... by IamWonderful: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
It shows they are irrelevant in Nigeria politics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The North Won't Allow True Federalism - Prof Itse Sagay / If Mid-west Region Hadn't Been Created, Awolowo Would Have Seceded / Minister Of Defence And National Security Adviser. Who Is More Powerful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.