Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat (2917 Views)

Jonathan Made Osinbajo’s Tour Of Niger Delta A Success - Niger Delta Militants / Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler / Grave Mistake Jonathan Made In War Against Boko Haram -prof Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Farnesyl1989: 12:45am On Apr 01, 2015
No Civilian President would have done lesser than what Jonathan does. All the other presidents who stuck to power in the past have military background, so Jona hasn't done anything spectacular and I don't think he has made any history contrary to the songs many people here are singing.

Now here are my reasons for saying he hasn't made any history:

1. There are international observers everywhere and any nonsense will get him Gbagboed into International prison because they have declared the election as FREE AND FAIR. Remember Charles Taylor, Laurent Gbagbo and Gaddafi. They are all soldiers who are not scared a bit of prison or death, that's why they never stopped fighting. But for GEJ, he is not strong; a civillian like you and I, not ready to languish in prison. Obama himself made allusion to Nigeria election a day before it held, so that is enough to send some sensation of fear into the spine of any African president who has no military background. Jona himself has been made to sign peace treaty twice and also interviewed internationally and made to vow that their would be a credible election.

2. The earlier he agrees with Buhari, the better for him because no matter what he does, BUHARI is ready to suck him dry of the national wealth he has amassed for himself over the years and possibly dump him in prison. You will remember his wife shouting that she wasn't ready to feed her husband in prison. Jonathan is not a strong person at heart, so you should expect him to be scared of prison, unlike the likes of Buhari, Obj and other military converts.
So, calling Buhari on phone isn't a big deal at all, since that would be the last appeal he could do so that his punishment could be lessened. With this, by the time Buhari start crying out loud that Jonathan has done this and that, we the gullible Nigerians will start calling Buhari a wicked man and saying "upon how Jona called this man on phone, yet he is still exposing him that way." That is what we call APPEAL TO PITY(Fallacy)

3. With JEGA's intellectually calm and astute response to Mr Odubebe's bei bei bei, the whole world has already judged the man as a very shrewd and unbiased man, so I don't see any court case or rejection of the election result standing at all. Surely, Jega will defend himself and win in all cases. Also, everyone knows that Jona would have made many advances to Jega in attempts to bribe him; surely JEGA will reveal those advances in court and the story would be 'no story at all.'

4. Jona had to act this way(you all know he is a Nollywood actor) just to buy the apathy of many gullible Nigerians (especially the 'prophet says' and the 'Jona is a gentleman' type). He hasn't done anything well for the past six years, so by gently walking away, he wants to use that to gain last-minute popularity. Well, good luck to him but I ain't buying his ideas.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Canme4u(m): 12:47am On Apr 01, 2015
Lolz, partially I agree with you.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by DesChyko: 12:52am On Apr 01, 2015
OP, when I wake up tomorrow, I'll try to figure out your point.
For now, this is like a waste of thread space. undecided

I can understand if you think him a weak person. So does Rotimi Amaechigrin

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Ikengawo: 12:53am On Apr 01, 2015
What did you gain from posting that. Your country achieved something great. Buhari achieved his dream and GEJ solidified democracy forever. Nigerians are wimners today, forget gbagbo and ghaddafi. This nation is greater than that

14 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by IGBOSON2: 12:58am On Apr 01, 2015
@OP: You're a fool!

The thrust and import of your diatribe is that GEJ made no history, but instead should be vilified because PDP rigged the elections and he stole our commonwealth! Whereas on the other hand, your APC are whiter than white; didn't rig; and have a membership made up of upstanding citizens who never stole/misappropriated a dime of public funds and are all prime candidates for Sainthood!

Nice one! wink

11 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Plus10(m): 1:01am On Apr 01, 2015
you guys are just plain wicked.you people ousted him out of power with your silly propangada yet as a President he didn't resort to violence,he simply conceded defeat even before the official pronouncement of the result .This he did in order not for his supporters to go voilence ,now you here trying to make it as if it doesn't worth any commendation.You apc guys will any change!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by babadee1(m): 1:09am On Apr 01, 2015
OP, you are a joker. Even those of us who are die-hard Buhari supporters know that GEJ made history with his concession. He had every right to contest the results if he wanted to but he chose not to do that so that peace can reign in the land. Pls he deserves all the commendation he is receiving for his noble gesture and more. When Orubebe opened his mouth to start spewing nonsense I took it as a signal from Jonathan and was expecting the worst, he pleasantly surprised me with his concession. I am now a Jonathan as well as a Buhari fan. One Nigeria!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by ellechrystal(f): 1:10am On Apr 01, 2015
Op, that's really myopic of u, when u c the truth say it, n stop beating about the bush, with some facts that don't truly connect.
So u c d recycled pdp guys in apc as saints?
Smh.
Look NIGERIANS VOTED BUHARI NOT COS HE IS A SAINT OR D MESSIAH, BUT COS THEY FELT THEY NEEDED LIBRATION
He wasn't d best candidate after all, but he was voted in.
N mind u, both parties rigged d Elections, n Jega isn't a saint o, but I give him kudos for a good job n maximum composure n maturity.
Furthermore, whether ur opinion is as hard as diamond or as concrete as an igneous rock, u r entitled to it, n doesn't change d fact that GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN IS A HUMBLE AND GREAT HERO. AND HAS MADE HISTORY, A GOOD ONE AT THAT.
So, learn to give room for other views when reasoning, it'l help u in d future.
Bless u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Plus10(m): 1:12am On Apr 01, 2015
Moreover we are talking about history made in Nigeria. No past president or governor has ever shown so statemanship in the political history of Nigeria not even your so called agent of change Mahamadu buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by jayonpoint(m): 1:12am On Apr 01, 2015
@Op u're correct but then politics shld be played as according to its call. However or whichever u describe victory or concede, don't forget that its still politics. No permanent friend or permanent enemy bt permanent interests. Jonathan is history, his abismal performance of 6six is inconsequential to the future at hand.

Truth be told, jonathan worst ever happened to nigeria. I wish him well in his future endeavours.

Sai baba! Change dole!!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Farnesyl1989: 1:13am On Apr 01, 2015
IGBOSON2:
@OP: You're a fool!

The thrust and import of your diatribe is that GEJ made no history, but instead should be vilified because PDP rigged the elections and he stole our commonwealth! Whereas on the other hand, your APC are whiter than white; didn't rig; and have a membership made up of upstanding citizens who never stole/misappropriated a dime of public funds and are all prime candidates for Sainthood!

Nice one! wink
U are on point: " he stole our commonwealth " what could be worse than that. Corruption boots him out.I still like him I voted for him but he disappointed the masses

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Horus(m): 1:15am On Apr 01, 2015
ellechrystal:
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN IS A HUMBLE AND GREAT HERO. AND HAS MADE HISTORY

GEJ legalised corruption; this is "History"

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Farnesyl1989: 1:17am On Apr 01, 2015
Plus10:
Moreover we are talking about history made in Nigeria. No past president or governor has ever shown so statemanship in the political history of Nigeria not even your so called agent of change Mahamadu buhari.
Dr Kayode Fayemi of ekiti state did that when he lose to Gov Fayose

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 01, 2015
OP, I understand your points. But this is a new terrain in Nigerian politics, we should encourage the president to take the path of honour. Whether he is sincere is entirely another thing. But by uttering those words, by making that important call, he has saved lives of many who would have foolishly died fighting for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by ellechrystal(f): 1:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Horus:

GEJ legalised corruption; this is "History"
That isn't the subject here, but if u want to go that way, please can u provide a document in which he signed n legalised corruption? Else rest ur case thanks.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Farnesyl1989: 1:21am On Apr 01, 2015
Liegeria:
OP, I understand your points. But this is a new terrain in Nigerian politics, we should encourage the president to take the path of honour. Whether he is sincere is entirely another thing. But by uttering those words, by making that important call, he has saved lives of many who would have foolishly died fighting for him.
I agree with u totally
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Plus10(m): 2:49am On Apr 01, 2015
Farnesyl1989:
did what?What he couldn't hold for long...why did him and his party apply for election tribunal if truely he conceded defeat...the fact is that they can never act as a TRUE democrat like gej
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Horus(m): 3:12am On Apr 01, 2015
ellechrystal:

That isn't the subject here, but if u want to go that way, please can u provide a document in which he signed n legalised corruption? Else rest ur case thanks.

By declaring that "stealing is not corruption" GEJ was wrong in terms of law. Under Nigeria’s Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act of 2000, the term corruption does indeed apply to crimes such as the theft or embezzlement of public funds, but also to bribery, fraud and “other related offences”. GEJ will go to Kirikiri Prison
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:15am On Apr 01, 2015
He had no option.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by ellechrystal(f): 7:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Horus:

By declaring that "stealing is not corruption" GEJ was wrong in terms of law. Under Nigeria’s Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act of 2000, the term corruption does indeed apply to crimes such as the theft or embezzlement of public funds, but also to bribery, fraud and “other related offences”. GEJ will go to Kirikiri Prison
Didn't he come out to explain his words? He had d wrong choice of words to express what he meant,
By d way, he is out now, u can calm down, n let's c what d general has to offer, lol, with too much expectations, I hope he delivers, n hope he won't say anything that will b used against him.
I trust Nigerians, they know how to twist ur words, I will b here to laugh n contribute.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:41am On Apr 01, 2015
Farnesyl1989:
No Civilian President would have done lesser than what Jonathan does. All the other presidents who stuck to power in the past have military background, so Jona hasn't done anything spectacular and I don't think he has made any history contrary to the songs many people here are singing.

Now here are my reasons for saying he hasn't made any history:

1. There are international observers everywhere and any nonsense will get him Gbagboed into International prison because they have declared the election as FREE AND FAIR. Remember Charles Taylor, Laurent Gbagbo and Gaddafi. They are all soldiers who are not scared a bit of prison or death, that's why they never stopped fighting. But for GEJ, he is not strong; a civillian like you and I, not ready to languish in prison. Obama himself made allusion to Nigeria election a day before it held, so that is enough to send some sensation of fear into the spine of any African president who has no military background. Jona himself has been made to sign peace treaty twice and also interviewed internationally and made to vow that their would be a credible election.

2. The earlier he agrees with Buhari, the better for him because no matter what he does, BUHARI is ready to suck him dry of the national wealth he has amassed for himself over the years and possibly dump him in prison. You will remember his wife shouting that she wasn't ready to feed her husband in prison. Jonathan is not a strong person at heart, so you should expect him to be scared of prison, unlike the likes of Buhari, Obj and other military converts.
So, calling Buhari on phone isn't a big deal at all, since that would be the last appeal he could do so that his punishment could be lessened. With this, by the time Buhari start crying out loud that Jonathan has done this and that, we the gullible Nigerians will start calling Buhari a wicked man and saying "upon how Jona called this man on phone, yet he is still exposing him that way." That is what we call APPEAL TO PITY(Fallacy)

3. With JEGA's intellectually calm and astute response to Mr Odubebe's bei bei bei, the whole world has already judged the man as a very shrewd and unbiased man, so I don't see any court case or rejection of the election result standing at all. Surely, Jega will defend himself and win in all cases. Also, everyone knows that Jona would have made many advances to Jega in attempts to bribe him; surely JEGA will reveal those advances in court and the story would be 'no story at all.'

4. Jona had to act this way(you all know he is a Nollywood actor) just to buy the apathy of many gullible Nigerians (especially the 'prophet says' and the 'Jona is a gentleman' type). He hasn't done anything well for the past six years, so by gently walking away, he wants to use that to gain last-minute popularity. Well, good luck to him but I ain't buying his ideas.
OP God bless you! That scam called jona wants to deceive us 4d last time...
I ask where was the so-called democrat when His party was running a hate campaign based on malicious facts to de-fame characters!? When Okupe, Fayose, FFK and his wife were insulting and calling GMB all sorts of unprintable names? What did he do to caution them? He was smiling @ the background...
When he was using the military to oppress the opposition law makers and governors going for campaign..have we 4goten?
These guy has perfected his act of deception! In 2011, he bought our emotions with d slogan..'I had no shoes'..and he's about scamming us 4d last time to reap were he did not sow..when he finally saw that jega would not do dia bidding to rig..he now wants to claim glory for hiring jega

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Horus(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2015
ellechrystal:

Didn't he come out to explain his words? He had d wrong choice of words to express what he meant,
By d way, he is out now, u can calm down, n let's c what d general has to offer, lol, with too much expectations, I hope he delivers, n hope he won't say anything that will b used against him.
I trust Nigerians, they know how to twist ur words, I will b here to laugh n contribute.

The law is the law, and in terms of law GEJ will go to Kirikiri Prison, PERIOD
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Farnesyl1989: 11:45am On Apr 01, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
OP God bless you! That scam called jona wants to deceive us 4d last time...
I ask where was the so-called democrat when His party was running a hate campaign based on malicious facts to de-fame characters!? When Okupe, Fayose, FFK and his wife were insulting and calling GMB all sorts of unprintable names? What did he do to caution them? He was smiling @ the background...
When he was using the military to oppress the opposition law makers and governors going for campaign..have we 4goten?
These guy has perfected his act of deception! In 2011, he bought our emotions with d slogan..'I had no shoes'..and he's about scamming us 4d last time to reap were he did not sow..when he finally saw that jega would not do dia bidding to rig..he now wants to claim glory for hiring jega
Gbam.Impunity was at its peak during his time

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by suwailad(f): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2015
what i know is this, Jonathan must be prosecuted, if not this year but down the line. All the record books will be open and we will really see how much Jonathan stole from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Clerverly: 11:57am On Apr 01, 2015
Jonathan is a useless man! I can Never forgive him!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by acesoul(m): 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
Plus10:

did what?What he couldn't hold for long...why did him and his party apply for election tribunal if truely he conceded defeat...the fact is that they can never act as a TRUE democrat like gej

But PDP are also heading to tribunal, cool
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by dunkem21(m): 12:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Farnesyl1989:

Did he? ..and the party?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by macof(m): 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
When Buhari shamelessly lost in 2007 and in 2011 to GEJ he cried wolf
GEJ is more mature to realize and identify a defeat, go back home to rest with his family and probably come back strong like Ajaka was deposed for being weak

If Buhari had lost the so called dogs and baboons would be dead by now

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by macof(m): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
suwailad:
what i know is this, Jonathan must be prosecuted, if not this year but down the line. All the record books will be open and we will really see how much Jonathan stole from Nigeria.

Tinubu stole, obasanjo stole more
Jst because he lost election, he should go to jail grin grin clowns
pls tell us what Law court would prosecute a man for losing an election?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by macof(m): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Horus:

The law is the law, and in terms of law GEJ will go to Kirikiri Prison, PERIOD

On what charge?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by Horus(m): 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
macof:

On what charge?

Under Nigeria’s Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act of 2000
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Made No History Conceding Election Defeat by macof(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Horus:

Under Nigeria’s Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act of 2000

What charge is he guilty of? Or u jst like spewing thrash?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Music Of Mr Obasanajo A Native Of Nassarawa. Drum Is Made From Wood / Olusegun Obasanjo Advised Senator Saraki About His Ordeals.. A Must Read!!!!!! / Oshiomole’s Beautiful Wife Shows Him Love (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.