Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Again The South East Misfires - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again The South East Misfires (11279 Views)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" / 'fayose Misfires On Aisha Buhari,' Otunba Fasawe Says / Akpabio Misfires, Bombs Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again The South East Misfires by ManUtdholic: 8:07am On Apr 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
if you knw how many of ur people dey in those area, trying to eke out a living, u will knw wetin dey there. If 'there' no dey viable, dem go wan die for 'there'?
Whatz special
Are we yorubas d 1 feeding dem
Are yorubas not in east
Keep d shit out pls.

They work for what they have
Re: Again The South East Misfires by ManUtdholic: 8:11am On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin bros don't make me laugh!! The presidency is a very powerful office,Godfatherism does not exist there.Not because GEJ played a gentlemen role.Just sit and watch what will happen.If Tinubu is living under the illusion that he would control GMB like he did Fashola he is on avery long thing.
With d northern power block backing
Let's wait Hw tinz will go
Expect is an oath has been taking
I don't see tinubu control buahri
I don't
Who knws
Re: Again The South East Misfires by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:11am On Apr 01, 2015
MisterLongman:
The most painful thing is ceding all their senatorial seats to Pdp. Even Apga the acclaimed Igbo party did not get one even in states where the pdp government in power are despised like Abia.
Too bad honestly!

As it is now,the political alliance of PDP and APGA has ended. Every man on its own.

APGA with the help of Obiano will have to start from the scratch if they don't want to give the party a final burial.
Re: Again The South East Misfires by eCollynzo: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2015
Segeggs:
such a fool claiming I follow him around, yet he's the one chasing me about on social media(NL and FB), having my family details to the extent of hacking my school's website for information on me. Are you a groupie looking forward to sucking my diick? Don't you have anything reasonable to do with your time? Oh, poke nosing in my affairs is really something reasonable. Too bad for you, we've moved off that house to ours. In light of your groupie behaviour, you can go search for me there. You're just so jobless and useless, going about looking for info about NLers to use against them, as if such deducts a crumb from their daily bread. It's so pathetic of you to claim you have details of a NLer's family as if you are the DSS. Am I supposed to be scared now? Collins amadi obinna, pls grow up and concentrate on your roadside welding job. Nobody gives a flying fvckk if you post my biography here. You can as well make a documentary about me, but mind you, it will bear no fruit just as AIT's documentary on buhari and Tinubu bore no fruit; same guys are in a party mood now while AIT is rethinking its steps. I guess you are just pained cos your god GEJ lost woefully. Shameless osu ibo. I wont quote you again, so don't quote me too. But if you do, you'll be surprise about how much info on you I have. Am just not childish to go about reeling it. Fuckkk off my mentions with all your monikers like genigrigri igirigrimercenary and the rest.
Adewole Segun Anthony, the only resonable thing you said in that post is that you won't quote me again, I can't remember when last I quoted your first on Nairaland, I only reply to your mentions. Those monikers you mentioned to belong to me, maybe if you had studied a better course than that Agric econs you would have been able to figure that out.
Re: Again The South East Misfires by Akshow: 8:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Chiddysville:
I don't think the SE misfired; they stood for what they believed in and that's what true heroes are known for. More so, the president elect should do a soul searching why he is never accepted in the two geopolitical regions since 2003

here what a fellow Igbo like u have to say

One of the closest Igbo man to the President
Elect is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa, a Senator who
was defeated in the Senatorial Election.
See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They
couldn't override a pathological hatred for
General Buhari to make a hedge bet and
return this man to the Senate, to enhance his
chances at Senate President, incase General
Buhari wins, which he did.
Instead folks played tribal and religious
politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and
failed the man and the chance to make
history as Senate President.
That's what happens when emotions trips
common sense and folks succumb to
hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze,
scoundrels after their own interests instead
of the masses.
I urged caution, I pleaded that we were
making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon
on Jonathan who wasn't going to win. And
predictably he lost, so also our chance in
the new administration.
I hate to gloat.
But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a
good ministerial appointment, but nothing
beats being Senate President.
Igbos are very bad at politics.
And sadly it won't stop until we learn to
coexist with others instead of our 'better
than thou' attitude when dealing with the
Hausas and Yorubas. We are not better than
anyone, these folks we thumb our noses at,
are God's creatures like us.
We don't like the Hausas and we don't like
the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in
search for our livelihood. Our politics should
mirror our economic aspirations, not the
other way around.
How long can this collective amnesia
insulate us from meaningfully seating at the
table, making contributions to Nigeria's
political evolution?
How long can this foolishness go on?
How long?
There is a miserable silence across the land
today, because we are realizing that we were
sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as
Igbo leaders. Where are they? Anyone
home?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again The South East Misfires by zendy: 8:42am On Apr 01, 2015
megacity:
it's all about standing for what you believe, and the SE have never believed in Buhari; it's now left for Buhari to prove the SE wrong, by his performance, that he is deserving of being Nigerian president. Even SW just voted him the first time, the fourth time of asking, and he will have to prove that he deserved that support

That's exacly it. The Igbos never believed in Buhari and as such,did not vote for him. Another thing which some don't realise is that the issue of an "Igbo president" is more of a psychological thing than anything else. The North has held power for over 30 years but are no where near the south-west,South-East or South-south in terms of overall development. It's the people that develop their land not the office of the president. The presidency or an "Igbo president" is highly overrated. Even if the North hold power for another 30 years,they still will not catch-up with the South.

2 Likes

Re: Again The South East Misfires by boladeen(m): 8:44am On Apr 01, 2015
paolo96:
They should not pair with west cos everything they lay their hands on na failure.I trust the hausas,they can't even ally with them for a billion dollars.
There own don finish for Lagos and other western States except God intervenes.They received you with live and the only thing your callous mind can do Is to revel against them.
Set of ingrates.
This gum u sniff dis morning no good for brain at all. U fink dey dull lik una?
Re: Again The South East Misfires by boladeen(m): 8:51am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:
Look at the election results, who didn't stand for anything? It is the Yorubas, they were neither here nor there making their results irrelevant just like in 2011. Even the bible speaks against lukewarmness.
Igbos have proven that they can be trusted till the very end, we stood for what we believe in and were resolute about it both within and outside our region.
No regrets whatsoever.
U rili lack political idea oo. Sw played a very good role as always dey made dia love for CHANGE shows and didn't even denied GEJ from winning a state from dem, besides GEJ took a vital vote from SW. Now u see aw d yorubers no too dey show dia hatred for head unlik d north and south always play dia mind game as usual
Re: Again The South East Misfires by Mcowubaba: 8:52am On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

2019 Buhari would go for a second term and by then we would have defeated any remanant of PDP

2023 Osinbajo would be presented for compensation to the SWest for the support they gave the North,

After 8yrs Osinbajo would hand over to Tambuwal

After 8yrs Tambuwal would hand over to Fashola

After Fashola back to EL Rufai

Hope you are counting the number of yrs in the wilderness
There r Some things that are not possible
After Buhari's tenure APC nd PDP will both field nd Igbo candidate 4 President or Vp, that's the fact!!!...u may not want to believe it.....whic doesn't matter...
Igbos dnt even need any of those to progress, I Trust them
Hw many igbos even came out to vote......dem no send Government..An average igbo excepts NOTHING 4rm Government......I have lived in south east b4, I knw wat m talking abt...the just have corrupt leaders representing them..

1 Like

Re: Again The South East Misfires by zendy: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2015
MisterLongman:
The most painful thing is ceding all their senatorial seats to Pdp. Even Apga the acclaimed Igbo party did not get one even in states where the pdp government in power are despised like Abia.

A very small price to pay in other to help retain Jonathan. What APGA should do now is to strategise to ensure they win the Gubernatorial primaries in their areas of strenght like Imo,Abia and Ebonyi. This is far more important than the election of the lawmakers.

1 Like

Re: Again The South East Misfires by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

WHy would anyone waste time on such a project when it has been shown that the SE is politically useless.

Earn trust of Ibos? You must really think highly of yourselves. Maybe as a suggestion Ibos should start earning the trust of others

"The southeast is politically useless". This statement of yours is baseless and need no response. The Igbo possess what it takes to lunch Nigeria to greater heights. It is a cultural thing and a huge advantage. So it is a great disservice to Nigeria if any government denies or undermine the industry of the Igbo. Which other way can the Igbo earn your trust which they have not demonstrated. They live in your land and develop it. They suffer and survive your physical violence against them and still forgive. What else do you need. Please tell me. Marginalization of the southeast is at the root of Nigeria's underdevelopment and corruption. If Buhari moves on with the same mindset the next 8 years is already lost much the same way as we lost 40 years post Gowon. All indices of development will remain unchanged or become worse. My point is you can never move Nigeria forward without the Igbo contributing massively. You should be scared we lose the next 8 years. Let's embrace and stop the hate campaign.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again The South East Misfires by zendy: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2015
DickTator1:
For the past 6yrs where were the SW?

After 6yrs it has come to SW so stop gloating because buhari would show Tinubu who's da boss in a few months time.

I have no doubt that Tinubu snd Buhari will have a major fall out within the first 6 months of an APC Government. What brought APC together,which is to remove PDP,has been achieved. Now they will fight each other just like PDP for the 'spoils of office' which may ultimatEly lead to their destruction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again The South East Misfires by demelza: 9:13am On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

2019 Buhari would go for a second term and by then we would have defeated any remanant of PDP

2023 Osinbajo would be presented for compensation to the SWest for the support they gave the North,

After 8yrs Osinbajo would hand over to Tambuwal

After 8yrs Tambuwal would hand over to Fashola

After Fashola back to EL Rufai

Hope you are counting the number of yrs in the wilderness
Omo! See as this thing dey sweet me!

1 Like

Re: Again The South East Misfires by demelza: 9:17am On Apr 01, 2015
Sanchez01:

Sorry, the SS is not aligning with anyone but the incoming administration. Don't drag us into tribal politics.
LMAO!
Knock-out
Re: Again The South East Misfires by okpurukata(f): 9:21am On Apr 01, 2015
mikeansy:

Where are they now?

They only elected a VP and we no go hear word

Come 2019 we will play the same game the SW plays and help elect a Northerner too

Anyday APC puts forward a south westerner for Presidency PDP and South East will align with the North too!

Let power continue to remain in the North!

Gbam! Gbam!
Re: Again The South East Misfires by Jaydenphoenix: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2015
That's d thing that disappoints me about this forum.
we all claim to be educated but get unnecessarily emotional over religious or ethnic issues.

My point was and is....I don't mind a president from the SE. However, it won't be handed to you on the basis of rotation. SE &SS do not constitute enough votes to get it.

Move out, form alliances with other regions. It would take a lot of work, might not even happen in 4years.

The way the SE is politricking is not working and the sooner they change it the better.

I hate to say this but the SW has enjoyed favourable political patronage since 1999. When GEJ realised he needed the SW, he was going up and down bribing, it was too late for him.

Why didn't he do that much in the SE? Cos the SE is taken for granted and they don't exercise their strength.

peace...

I'm out!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again The South East Misfires by chymystique(f): 9:54am On Apr 01, 2015
egift:
If Ngige was voted for, SE should have had the Senate Presidency automatically. But as usual, missed yet another opportunity.

I used to love Ngige b4 he moved to the senate but guess what? Most of us easterners dont need/care about Ngige's representation! How did you expect us to vote him in again when he disappointed us and was just a bench warmer while in senate . He forgot we voted him in for senate cause he performed a lil while he was the governor of Anambra even though him and the Uba brothers stole someone else's mandate. He did absolutely nothing of importance for us except to give us dead transformers, Mounted road security lights that never functioned for once And built VIP toilets most persons dont make use of... He took us for granted and never took his second term campaign seriously like b4. He was living in his past glory thinking we are going to hand over our mandate to him on a platter. His loss was never about his alignment with GMB as for those talking of hatred.

Do you know why Uche Ekwunife was voted for? She represented the interest of the people very well via infrastructures etc and bear in mind she was just a member HOR...
Most of us easterners are glad he lost. To hell with the Senate Presidency and Ngige and if given another opportunity to vote again, we wont hesitate to butt him out! Heard he will be compensated with a ministerial position, we are watching him and his performance cause if he fvcks up again and decides to come back and contest for governorship, he will be disgraced.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again The South East Misfires by golddeejay(m): 9:59am On Apr 01, 2015
the ibos are egocentric, they r always suspicious of other tribes and think they are brighter and better than other tribes. They r blinded by dis. The yorubas on the otherhand, sometimes see the intelligence in laying low and helping d north (the ibos call them hausa slave for dis) who in turn help the yoruba. They ibos shd realised they cannot win d presidency on their own. I dont even if the ss will remain their ally for long

1 Like

Re: Again The South East Misfires by Abdulleeh: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2015
The southeast will continue to miss-fire if they continue to play politics of religion. A major bridge in the southeast is the Niger bridge and professionally speaking that bridge needs to be revisited. What did PDP do for the igbos all these years?
Re: Again The South East Misfires by IGBOSON2: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2015
Doncolio:
The SE needs to get over the belief that North and SW is their opposition. The Ibos will always be loved and accepted by Nigerians for a leadership position in the future if they can truly put Nigeria and not their tribe first.

#GodBlessNigeria

^^^So -unlike the se- it's the north and sw that put Nigeria first!?

1 Like

Re: Again The South East Misfires by golddeejay(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2015
mikeansy:
so the SW can win election against the North without the support of their fellow southerners? Well we will see!

There will be more elections in Nigeria!
the reality on ground nw is that it is difficult for a southerner to win the presidential election without the north support...this is even made more difficult by d the rivalry btw ibos n yorubas.

But it is more difficult for an ibo to have the support of the north for fear of succession
Re: Again The South East Misfires by Doncolio(m): 10:16am On Apr 01, 2015
Segeggs:
what they believed in was a stupid thing. They chose to support a man seen by the whole world as a huge failure. That's the mistake they made. Now the whole nation has seen them for whom they truly are- haters of Nigeria.

Well said.
Re: Again The South East Misfires by Doncolio(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^So -unlike the se- it's the north and sw that put Nigeria first!?

You sure do have your answer.
Re: Again The South East Misfires by Doncolio(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2015
mikeansy:

You can not vote along tribal lines and then turn around to accuse others of tribalism!

Buhari's election represents everything wrong about Nigeria. It is childish to even try to spin it otherwise!

How many other countries around the world will a 72 year old former dictator who left office 30 years ago win an election?

Buhari's election is a dent on the conscience of this nation so to spin it around and go on about Igbo this and Igbo that is quite frankly pathetic

We will see how Buhari solves all of Nigeria's problems in the next 4 years!

Nigerians are not clueless. We know what to do at the right time. Save your sermon for your fellows.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Again The South East Misfires by asha80(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2015
golddeejay:
the reality on ground nw is that it is difficult for a southerner to win the presidential election without the north support...this is even made more difficult by d the rivalry btw ibos n yorubas.

But it is more difficult for an ibo to have the support of the north for fear of succession
historically the north has worked more with Igbo than Yoruba politically so tour last statement is void
Re: Again The South East Misfires by NewNigeriaMind: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2015
mikeansy:

Where are they now?

They only elected a VP and we no go hear word

Come 2019 we will play the same game the SW plays and help elect a Northerner too

Anyday APC puts forward a south westerner for Presidency PDP and South East will align with the North too!

Let power continue to remain in the North!
Re: Again The South East Misfires by NewNigeriaMind: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2015
zendy:

I have no doubt that Tinubu snd Buhari will have a major fall out within the first 6 months of an APC Government. What brought APC together,which is to remove PDP,has been achieved. Now they will fight each other just like PDP for the 'spoils of office' which may ultimatEly lead to their destruction.

This is the same stupidity doyin okupe was displaying when he said APC will not last one year because of the people in the make up...

But guess what, apc has produced the next president.

Stop betting your success on the possibility of others misfortuenes, if you want something for it. Nobody will give it to you.

When things were tough buhari and tinubu did not fall out, is it now that they will fall out. its time you wake up from the dreams

3 Likes

Re: Again The South East Misfires by golddeejay(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2015
asha80:
historically the north has worked more with Igbo than Yoruba politically so tour last statement is void
at the bolded...worked with is different frm worked for. Besides i am nt talking history but the reality on ground nw
Re: Again The South East Misfires by NewNigeriaMind: 10:34am On Apr 01, 2015
asha80:

Will the North work with the South east now is the question.....

You don't have a tinubu to broker such a deal......

You don't have the political clout or party to bargain with, DONT FOOL YOURSELVES PDP IS A NORTHERN AGENDA AND IMMMEDIATELY JONA LEAVES PDP IN EAST AND SOUTH ARE DEAD.

Your people are not rational, you think with sentiments and past while forgetting the future.....

tell me, who in the south east can broker such a deal.

ABOVE ALL, SORRY TO SAY THIS THOUHG IT MAY SOUND RASH, BUT ITS STILL THE TRUTH.... THE SOUTH EAST HAVENT DEVELOPED POLITICALLY TO PRODUCE POLITICIANS THAT CAN COME CLOSE TO THE LIKES OF TINUBU OR OBASANJO, THE CLOSEST HIS OKOROCHA AND WE HAVE ALL SEEN HOW THE EAST HATE HIM.

STOP DREAMING AN ALIANCE BETWEEN THE EAST AND NORTH IS BUT A DREAM, YOU CANNOT MAKE IT HAPPEN

4 Likes

Re: Again The South East Misfires by NewNigeriaMind: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2015
When will Igbo people think rationally for once and do away with emotions

Someone said the east will do the same thing the west did, I laugh in Swahili.

you people are too bitter to achieve such a feat...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again The South East Misfires by Doncolio(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

This is the same stupidity doyin okupe was displaying when he said APC will not last one year because of the people in the make up...

But guess what, apc has produced the next president.

Stop betting your success on the possibility of others misfortuenes, if you want something for it. Nobody will give it to you.

When things were tough buhari and tinubu did not fall out, is it now that they will fall out. its time you wake up from the dreams
Re: Again The South East Misfires by asha80(m): 10:42am On Apr 01, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Will the North work with the South east now is the question.....

You don't have a tinubu to broker such a deal......

You don't have the political clout or party to bargain with, DONT FOOL YOURSELVES PDP IS A NORTHERN AGENDA AND IMMMEDIATELY JONA LEAVES PDP IN EAST AND SOUTH ARE DEAD.

Your people are not rational, you think with sentiments and past while forgetting the future.....

tell me, who in the south east can broker such a deal.

ABOVE ALL, SORRY TO SAY THIS THOUHG IT MAY SOUND RASH, BUT ITS STILL THE TRUTH.... THE SOUTH EAST HAVENT DEVELOPED POLITICALLY TO PRODUCE POLITICIANS THAT CAN COME CLOSE TO THE LIKES OF TINUBU OR OBASANJO, THE CLOSEST HIS OKOROCHA AND WE HAVE ALL SEEN HOW THE EAST HATE HIM.

STOP DREAMING AN ALIANCE BETWEEN THE EAST AND NORTH IS BUT A DREAM, YOU CANNOT MAKE IT HAPPEN
ok you seem so sure..hope u do not eat your words...it is easy to be carried away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Arraigns Subsidy Fraudster, Wagbatsoma For Money Laundering / Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges / Obasanjo Took Nigeria Out Of Debt But We Are Back In Debt - Aroms Aigbehi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.