Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Keep Calm And Accept The CHANGE!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Calm And Accept The CHANGE!!! (426 Views)

We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G / Is It Marginalization Or Refusal To Accept The Agony Of Defeat? / ‘we Can’t Be Talking Of Change And Accept That Money’ - Senator Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Calm And Accept The CHANGE!!! by yuncka: 6:31am On Apr 01, 2015
Walking through the streets in Aba where I reside, I cant help but notice the unusual silence that has plagued my vicinity. All you can hear are muffled talks, murmurs, and sighs..and the faces say a million word..pain, agony, disgust, to mention but a few.all I can do is just pity them..
Few months ago, who would believe that the tables will be turned? I saw it coming but I thought my people would have joined the moving train. My Igbo brothers were blinded by sentiments. They were swayed by religious and ethnic difference. They rather vote in a cancer worm than risk it for a BUHARI.
I asked a lot of people to tell me why they were campaigning for Jonathans re-election and they couldnt even mention a reason, all they could say was they rather vote in Jonathan than to allow a northern Muslim rule them. Some went as far as saying they dont care if Jonathan and his cronies loot the nation dry. All they could do was image slandering of Buhari, they made him even appear worse than Abacha they said he would Islamize Nigeria.something he didnt attempt as a Military head. I was ashamed by what people were saying and doing just to discredit GMB. And I prayed hard that things would change.
Well am happy that at the end the same masses that voted Jonathan, saw it wise to vote GMB knowing fully well that Jonathan hasnt delivered on his campaign promises back in 2011.
I want to assure my Igbo brothers that all is well, Buhari will not behave the way propaganda portrayed him. Just as he surprised you by winning the election, he will also surprise you with his governance. No need to keep shouting MAY GOD HELP USGod has already helped us by removing PDP government that crippled Nigeria. Just get used to your new president and live your life normal.
I thank my Yoruba brothers who thought deep about the democracy of a nation and were able to figure out that it was on the brink of total disaster under PDP. Thank you for supporting the general.
I also want to thank all those that voted for GMB, especially some of my Igbo brothers that clamoured for change without sentiment. You guys are the real heroes of democracy.
I also want to warn anybody that will call me a Judas because of my political stance to keep offno matter how hard you come at me, I wont be shaken because I have already been stigmatized and threatened here in my area.
I also want to use this opportunity to warn those praying that the general to die in office to desist from that, the tables can be turned at any time and you become the person crying.
I also want to thank Jonathan for the much he did for Nigeria, he is a good man but the governance of the nation wasnt his calling.
I also want to thank PDP, for it was their mistakes that gave rise to CHANGE.

Long live our former president!
Long live our new president!
Long Live Change!
Long live our Democracy!
Long live Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: INEC: We Made a Mistake In Results: Jonathan Won NOT Buhari / #babanowthatyouhavewon# Don't Forget These Promises You Made / Aftermath Of Election Result Collation : Thugs Attack APC Supporters In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.