Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible (68862 Views)

"See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". / The Men Who Arrested PMB During The '85 Coup (photos) / Buhari's Victory - The Big Winners & The Big Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by bong4(m): 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
deebsman1:
people should not forget Rauf Aregbesola too and Kayode Fayemi with Segun Oni and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, to mention a few. I won't mind oyinlola for the Osun State ministerial position sha. Nasir el-Rufai. too numerous to mention

As in, you will clap if Oyinlola is made a minister. Change indeed!!!!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:
Welldone to them and all Nigerians who actually voted APC. The actually got the backing of the electorate hence the victory. They were only lucky the game favoured them. The electorates were able to test their might and it worked for the first time in Nigeria. I would want you to replace OBJ with GEJ for giving Nigeria the platform by which their votes counted. GEJ wasn't a do or die president like OBJ who even attempted a third term. He doesn't deserve any place in that list. He was just jealous and vindictive and raised false alarm to spite GEJ.

Please replace Saraki with Jega. He has no business on that list, what did he do except tag along. Okorocha, Amaechi, Ngige incured the wrath of their people just to be with APC.

Who do you think is the strongest and most influential black African in the world right now?
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by omokab: 12:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:
Welldone to them and all Nigerians who actually voted APC. The actually got the backing of the electorate hence the victory. They were only lucky the game favoured them. The electorates were able to test their might and it worked for the first time in Nigeria. I would want you to replace OBJ with GEJ for giving Nigeria the platform by which their votes counted. GEJ wasn't a do or die president like OBJ who even attempted a third term. He doesn't deserve any place in that list. He was just jealous and vindictive and raised false alarm to spite GEJ.

Please replace Saraki with Jega. He has no business on that list, what did he do except tag along. Okorocha, Amaechi, Ngige incured the wrath of their people just to be with APC.
I support your comment but I will not fully in support of GEJ giving free ,fair and credible election.Had it been he have the support of Jega this is not what we will be saying by now.Jega should be giving credit and a National award for a job welldone.sincerely speaking if obasanjo had used jega in 2003 and the situation is the same like this,OBJ will loss woefully.I argued it with someone at paper stand this morning when he said Obj is the one to be given glory,that he's the one behind the succeSs of GMB.I told him that he's lying,that I can't even give obj up to 5% of total success.Jagaban should be given full glory infact he's the leader of the entire yoruba race.His name will be written in golden book with golden pen in Nigeria historical book.Awolowo will be praising where he is now,Saying this is my boy whom I am well please.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
omokab:
I support your comment but I will not fully in support of GEJ giving free ,fair and credible election.Had it been he have the support of Jega this is not what we will be saying by now.Jega should be giving credit and a National award for a job welldone.sincerely speaking if obasanjo had used jega in 2003 and the situation is the same like this,OBJ will loss woefully.I argued it with someone at paper stand this morning when he said Obj is the one to be given glory,that he's the one behind the succeSs of GMB.I told him that he's lying,that I can't even give obj up to 5% of total success.Jagaban should be given full glory infact he's the leader of the entire yoruba race.His name will be written in golden book with golden pen in Nigeria historical book.Awolowo will be praising where he is now,Saying this is my boy whom I am well please.

You think if OBJ had backed GEJ and campaigned on his behalf, he would not have split SW votes? undecided

Jagaban was not going to Abeokuta to solicit OBJ's support?
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sagamite:

Who do you think is the strongest and most influential black African in the world right now?

IMO, as much as I do not like to accept. I personally think it is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who maintained the heat of opposition against OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ. As much as most of my posts and comments do not hide my disdain for him. I give it to him. It doesn't have to be a popular opinion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:

IMO, as much as I do not like to accept. I personally think it is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who maintained the heat of opposition against OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ. As much as most of my posts and comments do not hide my disdain for him. I give it to him. It doesn't have to be a popular opinion.

That is not the answer to the question I asked you, sweetheart.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sagamite:

That is not the answer to the question I asked you, sweetheart.

The emboldened part of my post below answered your question already in case you missed it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Oceemo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
I did not see senator Akume and Gemade which surprise everybody with Benue vote.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by klax(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
The reality is all these one you mentioned are just not really relevant in Buhari victory because if it were these one Buhari will never win but winning came as people are fed up of PDP and just want another party on power that is all and the masses had spoken Congratu lotion to Buhari I think destiny has spoken again.

Hope he wil use this opportunity given to him again very well because PDP will not rest so Buhari should proof a point and show the voters he can and will deliver in good faith. Congratulation GMB.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Ayomivic(m): 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
gateleo:
The significance of Muhammadu Buhari’s victory is underlined by the fact that this will be the first in the history of Nigeria’s electoral process when an incumbent president is defeated. It was no small feat that was achieved by some of the country’s most prominent political figures.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

The former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is considered a master political strategist who guided Buhari’s aspiration to a success at the party’s national convention last year.
Sai-Baba2Tinubu was able to ensure that not only did Buhari get the block vote of the Southwest, but also ensured that many states outside the region that did not have governors in the contest supported Buhari.
After the nomination convention, Tinubu together with likeminded party members was able to weave a formidable campaign machine that put Buhari to victory. Reflective of Tinubu’s imprint in the victory was the fact that Buhari in his last three runs never made an impression in the Southwest, a region he swept last weekend with victories in five of the six states.
Despite the lures and lashes from the opposition, Tinubu stood firm in an unwavering support for Buhari that proved crucial in achieving victory.

Governor Chibuike Amaechi

Governor Amaechi ably steered the Buhari campaign in such a way that brought the old candidate into reckoning in ways he never had been before. The governor’s input was there in the transformation of the general in his dressing and approach to campaign. The governor was in direct control of strategy and deployment of personnel at the campaign headquarters. He was also believed to be involved in the indirect talks with some major political players who helped to ensure the victory of the general at both the nomination convention and the general election.

Senator Bukola Saraki

Senator Bukola Saraki who served as governor of Kwara State before going to the Senate was also instrumental to the victory. His deployment of political and other resources not only helped in the general’s sweep of Kwara State, but also in forming bonds with other major political players in the country.

President Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is perceived another influential personality to Buhari’s ascendancy to Aso Rock. President Obasanjo’s behind the door counsel and patronage of Team Buhari was an open secret. He demonstrated so even in the days before the election was postponed last February when he went on an international circuit to launch his recently released book, My Watch.
He also met with market leaders in his Abeokuta office where he gave them counsel on how to vote.
However, the most strategic role President Obasanjo may have played is believed to have been in bringing international focus on Nigeria in such a way that put the defeated president in a cul de sac on allowing his subordinates to manipulate the results.

Atiku Abubakar

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may not have been seen regularly on the podium pushing for Buhari, but he was a main backer in terms of resources. Once he lost the ticket to Buhari, Atiku pushed his structure including his savvy media team headed by Mallam Garba Shehu to Buhari’s use. The team proved to be a torn in the flesh of Candidate Goodluck Jonathan.

APC GOVERNORS

All the APC governors without exception backed the general. Though two of them, Al Makura in Nasarawa and Adams Oshiomhole in Edo were not able to deliver their states to Buhari, but the efforts they made was undeniable. Oshiomhole was especially a thorn in the flesh of Camp Jonathan in the last few days.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharis-victory-the-men-who-made-it-possible/

these people you made mention here, were the reason some people did not vote for Baba Buhari. Because ,with these people in his government, i don't see how he would be able to tackle corruption as he promised Nigerians. If care is not taken they would be the one to ruin his governance.

Alright Baba Buhari, iam waiting to see you passing i a bill that would forbid the act of godfathersim into law as first step in tackle corruption.

Sai Baba Buhari, the chance you demanded for has been given to you by Nigerians.We have suprised you .Now the ball is in you court, nigerians are watching you, we want to see how you will suprise us.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nigerians
God bless President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and his family. He has proved to us that he loves this nation.

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by babaireti(m): 1:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
farem:
Where will Obanikoro serve as minister? I am thinking aloud

In KIRIKIRI or IKOYI MAXIMUM P*N,anyway: has their gOD fATHER ''BODE GEORGE'' boarded his flight to EXILE as he promised? because he needs to start running fast now since his weak legs could not support a fast pace so that the GENERAL would not catch up with him.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by adebisiolumide5(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
Omotayor123:

Wa Gbayi....
He's d real reason behind SW votes.

yes oh
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by adebisiolumide5(m): 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
farem:
[color=#000099][/color]

Serious omission
thanks
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:

The emboldened part of my post below answered your question already in case you missed it.

Bola Tinubu is an opposition leader and a political powerhouse in SW Nigeria.

OBJ is the most influential black African alive today.

He has both local and international clout and network.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sagamite:

Bola Tinubu is an opposition leader and a political powerhouse in SW Nigeria.

OBJ is the most influential black African alive today.

Been an opposition leader and political SW powerhouse doesn't limit him from been Africa's most influential African. Your opinion doesn't have to be mine. Mr. Third Term most influential black African indeed most vindictive African you may say.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Alary: 1:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Well said , to me I gave it to 2. Tinubu , why ( the birth of APC) the merger that took place then was ochestrated by him and made possible by what we are witnessing today . The merger was almost truncated by the PDP and the presidency . If the merger had failed well , it would have been difficult for GMB . Saying that , the Nigerian electorate came 3rd for their chant and crave for change . Coming distant 4th are the following Rotimi Amaechi , Rabiu kwankwaso , Fashola , Oshiomole , Pro. Yemi Osinbajo , OBj , Saraki , Lai mohammed , Rochas okorocha ,Kayode Fayemi , Hon. Tambuwa , Garba Ahmed , Rauf Aregbesola , Ajimobi , Amosun , George Akume Mallam Elai Rufai and the Whole North and many more I couldn't mention . No 1 on the list is GOD almighty that makes this history to happen despite all the challenges . GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE GENERAL , GOD BLESS PROF. YEMI Osinbajo , GOD BLESS TINUBU, GOD HELP APC AND GOD BLESS AND HELP NIGERIA. AMEN
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Alary: 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
hantrope1:
i want to believe that God made every effort possible.we hope to see the new Nigeria soon
Shop for the best Laptop deals with affordable prices @ hantropecommunications.com
Well said , to me I gave it to 2 .Tinubu , why ( the birth of APC) the merger that took place then was ochestrated by him and made possible by what we are witnessing today . The merger was almost truncated by the PDP and the presidency . If the merger had failed well , it would have been difficult for GMB . Saying that , the Nigerian electorate came 3rd for their chant and crave for change . Coming distant 4th are the following Rotimi Amaechi , Rabiu kwankwaso , Fashola , Oshiomole , Pro. Yemi Osinbajo , OBj , Saraki , Lai mohammed , Rochas okorocha ,Kayode Fayemi , Hon. Tambuwa , Garba Ahmed , Rauf Aregbesola , Ajimobi , Amosun , George Akume Mallam Elai Rufai and the Whole North and many more I couldn't mention . No 1 on the list is GOD almighty that makes this history to happen despite all the challenges . GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE GENERAL , GOD BLESS PROF. YEMI Osinbajo , GOD BLESS TINUBU, GOD HELP APC AND GOD BLESS AND HELP NIGERIA. AMEN
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:

Been an opposition leader and political SW powerhouse doesn't limit him from been Africa's most influential African. Your opinion doesn't have to be mine. Mr. Third Term most influential black African indeed most vindictive African you may say.

Where did I say my opinion has to be yours?

Where did I say opposition leader and political SW powerhouse limits him from been Africa's most influential African?

What I am doing is educating you. You can refuse to take education, but that is your loss, not mine.

Don't disintegrate into "it is my opinion" as a defensive mechanism and refusal to learn.

Now, more of the education.

Tinubu's power and influence is largely and limited to Nigeria.

He could not have won the election without Buhari (and vice versa) and with the addition of GEJ gross incompetence and pure stupidity.

His only prior position of power was a Lagos state governor and leader of ACN/APC.

OBJ has been above that and operates both at national and international levels.

No other black African has as much clout internationally as OBJ. And OBJ has more clout than Tinubu in Nigeria (maybe yesterday will change that).

Jot that in your notebook.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Amazo: 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
gateleo:
The significance of Muhammadu Buhari’s victory is underlined by the fact that this will be the first in the history of Nigeria’s electoral process when an incumbent president is defeated. It was no small feat that was achieved by some of the country’s most prominent political figures.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

The former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is considered a master political strategist who guided Buhari’s aspiration to a success at the party’s national convention last year.
Sai-Baba2Tinubu was able to ensure that not only did Buhari get the block vote of the Southwest, but also ensured that many states outside the region that did not have governors in the contest supported Buhari.
After the nomination convention, Tinubu together with likeminded party members was able to weave a formidable campaign machine that put Buhari to victory. Reflective of Tinubu’s imprint in the victory was the fact that Buhari in his last three runs never made an impression in the Southwest, a region he swept last weekend with victories in five of the six states.
Despite the lures and lashes from the opposition, Tinubu stood firm in an unwavering support for Buhari that proved crucial in achieving victory.

Governor Chibuike Amaechi

Governor Amaechi ably steered the Buhari campaign in such a way that brought the old candidate into reckoning in ways he never had been before. The governor’s input was there in the transformation of the general in his dressing and approach to campaign. The governor was in direct control of strategy and deployment of personnel at the campaign headquarters. He was also believed to be involved in the indirect talks with some major political players who helped to ensure the victory of the general at both the nomination convention and the general election.

Senator Bukola Saraki

Senator Bukola Saraki who served as governor of Kwara State before going to the Senate was also instrumental to the victory. His deployment of political and other resources not only helped in the general’s sweep of Kwara State, but also in forming bonds with other major political players in the country.

President Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is perceived another influential personality to Buhari’s ascendancy to Aso Rock. President Obasanjo’s behind the door counsel and patronage of Team Buhari was an open secret. He demonstrated so even in the days before the election was postponed last February when he went on an international circuit to launch his recently released book, My Watch.
He also met with market leaders in his Abeokuta office where he gave them counsel on how to vote.
However, the most strategic role President Obasanjo may have played is believed to have been in bringing international focus on Nigeria in such a way that put the defeated president in a cul de sac on allowing his subordinates to manipulate the results.

Atiku Abubakar

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may not have been seen regularly on the podium pushing for Buhari, but he was a main backer in terms of resources. Once he lost the ticket to Buhari, Atiku pushed his structure including his savvy media team headed by Mallam Garba Shehu to Buhari’s use. The team proved to be a torn in the flesh of Candidate Goodluck Jonathan.

APC GOVERNORS

All the APC governors without exception backed the general. Though two of them, Al Makura in Nasarawa and Adams Oshiomhole in Edo were not able to deliver their states to Buhari, but the efforts they made was undeniable. Oshiomhole was especially a thorn in the flesh of Camp Jonathan in the last few days.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharis-victory-the-men-who-made-it-possible/

@OP: very nice post. However, what of the women? Let's not forget about them. Most helpful woman I think to the success of the Buhari electoral victory is none other than Patience Jonathan. Her uncouth behavior, outspoken vituperations and public campaign of calumny against the people's general, coupled with her ceaseless mutilation of the English language during her speeches, made GMB's popularity soar and became a conscious reminder in the minds of patriotic Nigerians that we urgently need a new first lady.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
Amazo:

@OP: very nice post. However, what of the women? Let's not forget about them. Most helpful woman I think to the success of the Buhari electoral victory is none other than Patience Jonathan. Her uncouth behavior, outspoken vituperations and public campaign of calumny against the people's general, coupled with her ceaseless mutilation of the English language during her speeches, made GMB's popularity soar and became a conscious reminder in the minds of patriotic Nigerians that we urgently need a new first lady.

The mega-liability. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2130666/pdp-presidential-campaign-rally-asaba/1#30492509

https://www.nairaland.com/2130666/pdp-presidential-campaign-rally-asaba/1#30493037

https://www.nairaland.com/2130666/pdp-presidential-campaign-rally-asaba/2#30500502
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
TCD:
JONATHAN must be regretting making amaechi an enemy. I have a lot if respect for governor amaechi, stood up against the establishment and won.
Remove ameachi from ur list. unless he was contributing money
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nicepoker(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
TCD:
JONATHAN must be regretting making amaechi an enemy. I have a lot if respect for governor amaechi, stood up against the establishment and won.
no permanent friend or enemy in this game. Was he not his friend in 2011 and buhari's enemy then.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sagamite:

Where did I say my opinion has to be yours?

Where did I say opposition leader and political SW powerhouse limits him from been Africa's most influential African?

What I am doing is educating you. You can refuse to take education, but that is your loss, not mine.

Don't disintegrate into "it is my opinion" as a defensive mechanism and refusal to learn.

Now, more of the education.

Tinubu's power and influence is largely and limited to Nigeria.

He could not have won the election without Buhari (and vice versa) and with the addition of GEJ gross incompetence and pure stupidity.

His only prior position of power was a Lagos state governor and leader of ACN/APC.

OBJ has been above that and operates both at national and international levels.

No other black African has as much clout internationally as OBJ. And OBJ has more clout than Tinubu in Nigeria (maybe yesterday will change that).

Jot that in your notebook.

sir your opinion, it would be good for you to meditate on it, if it changes anything in your life. In your eyes yes in my eyes no. thank you, it was nice knowing you. I gat nothing to learn from you.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:

sir your opinion, it would be good for you to meditate on it, if it changes anything in your life. In your eyes in my eyes no. thank you, it was nice knowing you. I gat nothing to learn from you.

Your loss. undecided
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sagamite:

Your loss. undecided

Warreva Mr. I know it all.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:

Warreva Mr. I know it all.

You would have passed if you had said "Mr Supremely Intelligent".
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
shizzleStar:
Kai! this is the first time you made sense in ages. werey cheesy
thank u jare. At times, when the sun dey shine, my brain dey charge
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by coolnews: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lai Mohammed
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 2:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sagamite:

You would have passed if you had said "Mr Supremely Intelligent".

Sagamite fi mi sile. Je n se oro aje mi. Ok Mr Supremely Intelligent.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Sagamite(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:

Sagamite fi mi sile. Je n se oro aje mi. Ok Mr Supremely Intelligent.

Well done.

Mo patewor fun e.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / Boko Haram Kills Soldier & Vikings Cult Member In Borno, Vikings Mourn Him (Pic) / Topless Women Protest Against Governor Dickson In Bayelsa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.