Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (8210 Views)

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 2:43am On Sep 21, 2006
yhew!!!!<shuddering> i think i might be getting too close, i'm beginnig to freeze tongue
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 2:50am On Sep 21, 2006
Ahahahahaha well go sit by the fire tongue
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 3:21am On Sep 21, 2006
yeahhh!! i guess i'd betta. i'm gonna take another look at your profile, one thing is certain, you are not in naira, it's after 3 and you are still posting, chances are you might be nearer to me than you think cool
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 3:39am On Sep 21, 2006
@iice,
iice:

@Nutter, its okay to hate him grin grin i like him tongue tongue

Ok oh. I go dey pray for you. tongue

@Jammin

Now you like Rock?  Before you said:

jeeezas!!!! it took me awhile to locate the "reply tab" responding to the ROCK issue,  aint that suppose to be "white people music? now why would a black person( and i assume y'all are black) want to PRETEND to love an alien artform?

Now you say:

of coure i listen to rock music but i don't glorify the artist. matter-of fact i have a collection of ROCK on my harddrive  and i will download some song which i hear on the radio or see on the tv which tickle my fancy, BUT!!!!!

I’m confused, brother. Are you alright?
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 4:23am On Sep 21, 2006
it is obvious that you don't read very well. i said "PRETEND" to love an alien artform" meaning extoling the virtues of,
i also said i "LISTEN" to rock music. which is distinct and separate of LOVE. the question of white people music was rhetorical and design to elicit a comment from you folks cool cool cool
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by justkunmi(m): 9:09am On Sep 21, 2006
@jammin
cos u dont LOVE rock does not mean others shouldnt. and u dont av the right to question anyone's interest in anythin. love wat u love and i love wat i love, CAPISCE.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by xkape(m): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2006
@jamming

Hmmmm, so u have a computer right? I am sure it was probably manufactured in China? So buying that computer is depriving african computer firms (errr are there any? ok sorry Arican jazz men) of income. The cycle continues---- DUH!!

[s]Your post must be the most illogical thing i have read this year[/s]
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2006
Hmmmm, so u have a computer right?  I am sure it was probably manufactured in China? So buying that computer is depriving african computer firms (errr are there any? ok sorry Arican jazz men) of income. The cycle continues---- DUH!!

@Xkape what are u saying? i suggest u spare yourself the herculean effort of THINKING!!! grin your choice of an example make me laff cheesy cheesy hahahahahaha
the next thing you'll be saying is more @#@#@#%@%@%@*&%^

@iice
i've downloaded some songs in the rock genre and is listening to them while i type this thread. i wanted to see for myself what the hoopla was all about.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by BlackMamba(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2006
Rock is for white folks. Period.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by bami(m): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2006
BlackMamba:

Rock is for white folks. Period.

i don't understand what you mean but music is music. so please tell me what is meant for black folks
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by BlackMamba(m): 1:30am On Sep 22, 2006
Rock lacks the rhythm and soul of the blackman. Of course their are still a minority black folks that still rock and roll, but today, rock is an after thought in the black community.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by venicea(f): 2:02am On Sep 22, 2006
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 2:50am On Sep 22, 2006
@jammin, ok but if you dont like them, no problem, its all good grin
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Labelle(f): 3:14am On Sep 22, 2006
Hmmm. MUSIC! My new religion. So what can i say?Im a lover of good music.My choices are everly restricted within a particular genre, im talking indie/Alternative. Im not usually drawn to hits/popular/commercial stuff(though i may fault in that regard) but songs that have the ability to serenade my body mind & soul.The urge to listen to wateva artiste has always been a function of my current mood
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Labelle(f): 3:26am On Sep 22, 2006
Hence, when im sad, i find comfort in the soothing sounds of; COLDPLAY, MUSE, ARTIC MONKEYS, MEW, BADLY DRAWN BOY.when engulfed in anxiety, excitement or exaltation:BMRC,12 STONES, FUEL, MUDVAYNE, REVIS,HOOTIE & THE BLOW FISH.when i need to secure a sound sleep:TRAVIS, KEANE, CARDIGANS, RADIO HEAD. when i need2 take a quick bath: EVE6,TRAIN , SKUNK ANANSE.slow bath:DIRTY VEGAS, 9DAYS,MARIA MENA
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Labelle(f): 3:38am On Sep 22, 2006
While revising for major calculus exams: FEEDER, EVAN &JARON, LIVE. Just a basic ritual: MUSIQ ,NIRVANA, LIFE HOUSE, ACROMA, PLACEBO, JACK JOHNSON, J MAYER, DEPECHE
MOOD, LENNY KRAVITZ, 3RD EYE BLIND.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 3:47am On Sep 22, 2006
dance trance dido!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! listening rite now
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by justkunmi(m): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2006
@jammin, watever u dont like is your business, why tell us??
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2006
@justkunmi
HUH?? wat di F*** r u talking abt?
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by xkape(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2006
@jamming

So u noticed how extremely stupid my example was?

Irony and sarcasm are obviously wasted on you

So u are already a convert to rock?
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2006
there was no irony in that comment,,,, sarcasm perhaps,, but that line was so constructed that you need a telescope to see it.
as to my initial comments,, i was playing devil's advocate. i wanted to evoke responses and so get an insight into the people that are here. are you now happy?
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by xkape(m): 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2006
@jamming
Ok man , no shakin
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2006
@iice.
i'm now listening to Nickelback- favourite damn desease -and thinking of you.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2006
ok, and are you having fun? tongue
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2006
NAAWW!! i'm here waiting for my lunch which i had asked somreone to buy. they are taking a long time in coming. i've now a major appetitie for burger and fries. i know i'm gonna wolf it down when it gets here.

on a separate matter. why cant i get a means to make contact with you? why do you continue to hide behind your screenname?
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2006
I don't hide behind my screenname, it is part of me tongue Enjoy your lunch
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2006
you're such a tease smiley smiley
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2006
angry angry grin grin grin grin, oya no more going offtopic.

Behind blue eyes - Dilana's version rocks!!!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2006
OK I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO IT NOW. HEY REMEMBER I'M NOT NIGERIAN SO WHEN I AM TALKING TO A GIRL I WILL HIT ON HER ALSO cool

behind blue eyes - dilana gimme 1 minute to get it
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2006
behind blue eyes ?? are you sure that's the name of the song? i'm not seeing that
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2006
Meaning? That where ever you come from men hit on women they talk to? tongue

You can also get the Fred durst's version of that song but i like the Dilana one better.
Yes its behind blue eyes originally sang by 'the who'
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 7:54pm On Sep 22, 2006
found it! yeah, we hit on girlz even if i'm also a girl. flirting spices up conversation. can't be all 2 serious and conservative, it makes for a dull existence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Brymo – Klitoris / Igi Aruwe Download Link / DOWNLOAD Wizkid Ft Paedae Of R2bees - Thats Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.