Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? (3286 Views)

If It Was GEJ. / Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? / GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by solid3(m): 7:35am On Apr 01, 2015
We have all seen the outcome of the elections. Like wise we are all aware of how GEJ was following Mimiko to the SWern chiefs and even Ogbonis, and also giving huge money to their thugs--The OPC.

It was learnt that GEJ spent about N1tr for this people, yet he only won just in one of their 6 states.

The big question is, was GEJ scammed by this people or what went wrong?
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by Mynd44: 7:42am On Apr 01, 2015
No comment
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by raumdeuter: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2015
They would give him the 6m and 8m votes by end of the year

3 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by SirShymexx: 7:56am On Apr 01, 2015
Lol. I still don't know how you can scam someone by taking a percentage of what actually belongs to you as a Nigerian. Was the money GEJ's? Classic case of a thief stealing from a next thief lol.

GEJ scammed himself by letting Igbo elites hijack his government. He ran a sectional government rife with extreme corruption and that was his Achilles heel - apart from being an obtuse weasel, with a stark illiterate for a wife.

Good riddance!

11 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by tomakint: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2015
It's a pity majority (especially the typically-bent Yorubas) of my people will always be like this when politics is involved. Jonathan did his best to reach out with his 'touch of change' across all strata unfortunately the Core-North he tried to pacify remained unforgiving while the 'Typically-bent Yorubas' felt short-changed in the scheme of things forgetting that Jonathan had a lot to grapple with. N.B: Jonathan forgot the Mafian rule, 'keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer'.

5 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:00am On Apr 01, 2015
SirShymexx:
Lol. I still don't know how you can scam someone by taking a percentage of what actually belongs to you as a Nigerian. Was the money GEJ's? Classic case of a thief stealing from a next thief lol.

GEJ scammed himself by letting Igbo elites hijack his government. He ran a sectional government rife with extreme corruption and that was his Achilles heel - apart from being an obtuse weasel, with a stark illiterate for a wife.

Good riddance!

Well said. GEJ ran a sectional government allowing igbo elites mislead him. They have also lost vital positions because no member of the APC won in their region. This is really bad for them

2 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by theV0ice: 8:00am On Apr 01, 2015
Those who knew his money wouldn't sway the Yoruba told him the truth but he decided to listen to businessmen like Jimoh Ibrahim, thugs like gani Adams, crooks like kashamu and paper weights like mimiko.

Even if he had won, mainstream Yoruba would prefer to remain opposition than go back to their vomit.

He wasn't scammed. He was simply impervious to the truth

6 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by eCollynzo: 8:05am On Apr 01, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

Well said. GEJ ran a sectional government allowing igbo elites mislead him. They have also lost vital positions because no member of the APC won in their region. This is really bad for them
Please you and Shymmex should tell us those Igbo elites in GEJ's government that misled him

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by eCollynzo: 8:06am On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ neutralised the South west and made their votes irrelevant.
The battle was won and lost elsehwere.
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by TopsyKrete: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2015
Naaa,

Na GEJ scammed himself...

I cannot imagine he quickly forgot he had a humble beginning...but power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

He thought we can be bought just like that after so much neglet of the SW.

3 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by theV0ice: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:

cheesy cheesy

After spending 6weeks patrolling the streets of the SW and making Nigeria almost a trillion naira poorer in the process of begging, ogling and pleading with neutralised SW, I would agree he tried cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:10am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:
Please you and Shymmex should tell us those Igbo elites in GEJ's government that misled him

No need mentioning names, you can see the results in the outcome of votes in the SE.

Since everything is about results now

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by theV0ice: 8:13am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:

I won't agree with the Igbo elite line. Every single tribe in this country participated in scamming Jonathan. Even he actively scammed himself

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by eCollynzo: 8:15am On Apr 01, 2015
theV0ice:

I won't agree with the Igbo elite line. Every single tribe in this country participated in scamming Jonathan. Even he actively scammed himself
Jonathan had more northerners than anyone else surrounding him, yet your brothers will always turn their hate on Igbos.
The elections have been won but it seems the so called winners are the bitter ones.
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by eCollynzo: 8:18am On Apr 01, 2015
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy

After spending 6weeks patrolling the streets of the SW and making Nigeria almost a trillion naira poorer in the process of begging, ogling and pleading with neutralised SW, I would agree he tried cheesy cheesy

He neutralised South west and the so called Lagos votes with those visits. Remember how you guys were banking on 3 million votes from Lagos? He ended up sharing the 1.4 million votes almost equally.

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2015
tomakint:
It's a pity majority (especially the typically-bent Yorubas) of my people will always be like this when politics is involved. Jonathan did his best to reach out with his 'touch of change' across all strata unfortunately the Core-North he tried to pacify remained unforgiving while the 'Typically-bent Yorubas' felt short-changed in the scheme of things forgetting that Jonathan had a lot to grapple with. N.B: Jonathan forgot the Mafian rule, 'keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer'.
Tomakint ore mi, you told me I would cry after the election.
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by Pataki: 8:20am On Apr 01, 2015
It is an INSULT on Yorubas to think you can use money to buy your way into their hearts.

Yorubas are far more sophisticated than that.

3 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by oakson: 8:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Gej lacks sanctity and sanity for democracy in all its form for him to have resorted to buying his way through, which was eventually blocked.
So that section of the Yorubas only fed fat on his desperation and political blindness

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by SirShymexx: 8:22am On Apr 01, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

Wake up call for them. It looks like the first republic again, after Akintola joined forces with the North.

Hopefully, they won't do a Zik this time to truncate the country's democracy in the quest for power. I won't bet on that. Let us just see how it plays out.
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by dridowu: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:
@bolded, IMHO the election was lost in SW not anywhere else he falls into the wrong hand and most importantly he lost the election the very day he allow the aggrieved members of PDP to join APC. He should have resolve the issue without allowing them to join APC.

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by TopsyKrete: 8:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Pataki:
It is an INSULT on Yorubas to think you can use money to buy your way into their hearts.

Yorubas are far more sophisticated than that.

Ko daa mo ni, o si ti daa mo baii

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by Perceptor(m): 8:25am On Apr 01, 2015
TopsyKrete:
Naaa,

Na GEJ scammed himself...

I cannot imagine he quickly forgot he had a humble beginning...but power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

He thought we can be bought just like that after so much neglet of the SW.
You said exactly the truth and fact!
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by theV0ice: 8:26am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:
Jonathan had more northerners than anyone else surrounding him, yet your brothers will always turn their hate on Igbos.
The elections have been won but it seems the so called winners are the bitter ones.

I don't like the focus on Igbo actually (why should I when I'm married to an Igbo queen and have lived in ss and se all my life?), but I really wished Igbo weren't as vitriolic in their speeches against Hausa and Yoruba. I know countless times that even in my own personal attempts to engage igno monikers on NL in civil conversation, I've been rudely dragged down the hate path. I've also been shocked by the attacks of some Yoruba monikers too.

We all must decide to heal and I wish the visible leaderson all sides can be mature enough to do it at a round table devoid of Ghana must go bags of money.

Someone like me has a lot to lose on both sides in the eventuality of any conflict

2 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by theV0ice: 8:33am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:

He neutralised South west and the so called Lagos votes with those visits. Remember how you guys were baning on 3 million votes from Lagos? He ended up sharing the 1.4 million votes almost equally.

cheesy

My bro, I won't argue with You. Politicians on both sides boasted that even Mary Magdalene was on their side. Even gani Adams promised gej 6 million votes and got himself a pipeline contract (maybe to guard my borehole pipes).

The incontrovertible fact is that he spent 4 weeks of the 6 weeks extention gallivanting all over SW begging for understanding because those that know told him point blank that his salvation was dependent on the SW.

If SW really didn't matter in the long run, then it means he was scammed twice

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by NewNigeriaMind: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:

This is the kind of assertions that got Jonathan to where he is today, the failure of Jonathan is because of these kind of people that he surrounded himself with, these nincompoops are blind to reality even when it sits on their nose.

Buhari won by 2.5 MILLION VOTES approximately.

If Jonathan has carried Tinubu and south west along in his government, he wouldnt have lost south west and south west would have given him the needed votes. The nigga even lost in Ondo state, if the south westerners felt like they are a part of his government like the south easterners and those middle belt states like Kogi, Kwara would have followed their Yoruba brothers in the core south west states and vote in similar manner.

Lagos and Oyo alone if motivated rightly would have turn up the numbers need to neutralize the numbers from the north.

Even Jonathan came to this realization although it was late for him, the rush to appease the south west 5 weeks to the elections wasn't just enough to get the peoples confidence.

Also, any politician that banks on the so called Igbo in places outside south east is on a long thing, the best they will give you is close the gap, they cannot make you win.

we have been told on this forum on several occasions by our people from the south east that Buhari cannot win Kano and Kaduna, they claim there are many non indigenes and Christians in those states. This election will be a reference point, that is a fallacy, cause you wouldn't even have the guts to go vote against those aboki in their land. All that chest beating should end in the south west, because only the Yorubas will allow you such freedom.

6 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by christopher123(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2015
YOU MUST BE CRAZY TO MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT...IGBO ELITES? WHO WHERE THE MOST PEOPLE HOLDING THE POSITION. YORUBA PEOPLE DID NOT SCAM GEJ, HE WAS A STUPID MAN PERIOD AND ASK ME WHY

THE FIRST MISTAKE HE MADE WAS ALLOWING APC TO BE
SECOND MISTAKE WAS ALLOWING HAUSA MAN TO BE INEC CHAIR ...SO DO U EXPECT HIM TO MESS UP
THIRD MISTAKE IS ALLOWING HIMSELF TO BE USED AND PICKING FIGHTS WITH AMAECHI, OBASANJO, ROCHAS ET AL
HE WAS TRYING TO OVER PLEASE HAUSA BY BUILDING EVERYTHING FOR THEM

LESSOPN IN LIFE, YOU JUST CANT BE MR NICE GUY TO EVERYBODY, EVEN JESUS WAS DENIED, BETRAYED AND DOUBTED ON BY ONLY 12 MEN HOW MUCH MORE GEJ

NOW IF GEJ WAS AN IGBO MAN HE WOULD HAVE DAMN THE CONSEQUENCES AND USE A YORUBA MAN OR A MAN FROM MIDDLE BELT AS INEC CHAIR

BUT HE WAS JUST CLUELESS AND EDUCATION WAS A WASTED VRENTURE ON HIM

I AM A PDP APOLOGIST BUT I THINK THAT WE SHOULD TRY THESE APC GUYS AND THEY SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL BECAUSE MOST REGIONS IN SE AND SS ARE EDGY NOW SO

THEY SHOULD CARRY EVERYBODY ALONG OR.....

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM, TRIBALISM PULLS YOU DOWN
SirShymexx:

Good riddance!

3 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by LinuxMint: 8:43am On Apr 01, 2015
while apc were campaigning, pdp were busy looking for GMB's certificate... why wouldn't they loose?

Nigerians have changed unlike b4 when they sell their vote... nw give em money, they take it, bt vote you out !

1 Like

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by tomakint: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Tomakint ore mi, you told me I would cry after the election.
It's all good ore mi, my decision, my opinion and my prediction, hence, I stand by it till tomorrow.......as I say congratulations to you I am still a die-hard fan of Jonathan's administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2015
tomakint:

It's all good ore mi, my decision, my opinion and my prediction, hence, I stand by it till tomorrow.......as I say congratulations to you I am still a die-hard fan of Jonathan's administration.
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by omenka(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Good riddance!
Bro where have you been
Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2015
This is actually funny....
How was he scammed?

Did they ask him to bring the money abi he carry his leg go give it to them?

2 Likes

Re: Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? by blackfase(m): 8:58am On Apr 01, 2015
No sir! More like SW neutralised d entire chance of a GEJ return. If for nothing on simple majority, d five states with 25% of d two thirds required given to GMB in d SW nailed his coffin!

eCollynzo:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Crisis ; See The Little Gadget That Rescued Me Last Night. PICTURES. / Sardauna's View Of Igbo: right or wrong? / No Mosque, No Deployment Of Corp Members To Benue State-NYSC DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.