Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,166 members, 7,829,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? (1360 Views)

Saraki, Tambuwal, Atiku, Mark May Fly Pdp's Flag In 2019 / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Leader: See Why David Mark May Be Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? by Hope15: 10:42am On Apr 01, 2015
Should David Mark decamp to the APC now, will he retain his Senate Presidency seat?
Re: David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? by egift(m): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2015
Hope15:
Should David Mark decamp to the APC now, will he retain his Senate Presidency seat?

I was coming to say something, but burst into laughter on seeing your comment. grin grin grin grin

But even if he decamps, I will not entrust him with that. His loyalty will be somewhere afar. He will rather be a Minority Leader than risk being nothing on decamping. I tip Sen. Akume for that post.
Re: David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? by bigtt76(f): 11:06am On Apr 01, 2015
I doubt if that position would still be zoned to North Central with the President coming from North, Vice President from South West, it won't be logical to place the Senate Presidency in North Central rather it might go to South East while the Speaker position goes to North Central.

In the case where Senate Presidency goes to North Central, then Kwara State (Olushola Saraki) might be favored owing to his fulani background ....just my opinion though.
Re: David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? by ki02020(m): 11:38am On Apr 01, 2015
Senate president can't come from the east,simply because no progressive senator from that region

1 Like

Re: David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? by obi4eze(m): 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bukola Saraki is the man...
He wields more power than Akume in the NC zone. He was a Governor's forum Chairman when he was in PDP and has done enough to deserve the seat.
Let's see though...
Re: David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? by Hope15: 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
egift:

I was coming to say something, but burst into laughter on seeing your comment. grin grin grin grin

But even if he decamps, I will not entrust him with that. His loyalty will be somewhere afar. He will rather be a Minority Leader than risk being nothing on decamping. I tip Sen. Akume for that post.

So APC will be scared of him doing a Tambuwal for them shey? I agree with you, though not with the Akume stuff.
Re: David Mark May Still Get The Senate Presidency? by PalmTree(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
bigtt76:
I doubt if that position would still be zoned to North Central with the President coming from North, Vice President from South West, it won't be logical to place the Senate Presidency in North Central rather it might go to South East while the Speaker position goes to North Central.

In the case where Senate Presidency goes to North Central, then Kwara State (Olushola Saraki) might be favored owing to his fulani background ....just my opinion though.

Your analysis is quite spot on but Saraki is more of a better choice. and no, he isn't from a fulani background... his father migrated from Ogun state but was accepted into Ilorin politics because of his prolific grassroot politics.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Upset With Buhari's Committee / Are Countries With Deep Christian Roots Leading In Legalisation Of Gay Marriage? / 4% The Size Of U.s.a is naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.