Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence (6869 Views)

Northern Elders Vow To Defend Buhari Presidency / Fayose: Looters In Buhari's Presidency Burying Their Loot In Aso Villa / People That May Shape Buhari’s Presidency-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by FreeGlobe(f): 10:42am On Apr 01, 2015
There is no reason why Nigeria should continue being a united country when we now place ethnic interests over competence and performance. The yorubas have supported with the hausas to return to the status quo of their born to rule. I don't expect any democracy dividend from a buhari presidency for the masses because Buhari didn't even present a manifesto. All he did was sell his ethnicity to his north while the yorubas did for their region.
Jonathan has done more for the north than any president from the north and yet tribalism defeated him. I want to ask all igbos to boycott this government and prepare for the next election with awareness and tribalism. Igbos should make sure that they are not shortchanged in the upcoming census. There is no reason why katsina should have more population than Anambra.

Enough said!

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by eyeview: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2015
Sadly true

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by FreeGlobe(f): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2015
I want the international media to see this thread before they start ascribing fiction for the reason for Buhari's success at the polls.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Raiders: 10:47am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:
There is no reason why Nigeria should continue being a united country when we now place ethnic interests over competence and performance. The yorubas have supported with the hausas to return to the status quo of their born to rule. I don't expect any democracy dividend from a buhari presidency for the masses because Buhari didn't even present a manifesto. All he did was sell his ethnicity to his north while the yorubas did for their region.
Jonathan has done more for the north than any president from the north and yet tribalism defeated him. I want to ask all igbos to boycott this government and prepare for the next election with awareness and tribalism. Igbos should make sure that they are not shortchanged in the upcoming census. There is no reason why katsina should have more population than Anambra.

Enough said!
What has GEJ done for the north? Over 20,000 Nigerians in the North has been killed during GEJ 6 yrs in office. All Nigerians should support Buhari for the next 5 years if he fails then he should be voted out like GEJ.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by BlackGirlsCode: 10:47am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Enough said!

lmaoooo shattaapppp

Igbos crying out more than the Ijaws.

Ijaw

*I know that I'll be banned. But before you do so, hope you've released my original ID*

19 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by BlackGirlsCode: 10:49am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:
I want the international media to see this thread before they start ascribing fiction for the reason for Buhari's success at the polls.

Have you called CNN, ABC, BBC, etc?

If not, you're wasting your time.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by FreeGlobe(f): 10:50am On Apr 01, 2015
Raiders:
What has GEJ done for the north? Over 20,000 Nigerians in the North has been killed during GEJ 6 yrs in office. All Nigerians should support Buhari for the next 5 years if he fails then he should be voted out like GEJ.
Jonathan was not the president when Boko Haram leader was killed. Almajiri schools, roads, Agriculture were some of the things jonathan did for this ungrateful northerners, now tell me what any northern president did for his people apart from grossly enriching themselves.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by FreeGlobe(f): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

[s]
lmaoooo shattaapppp

Igbos crying out more than the Ijaws.

Ijaw

*I know that I'll be banned. But before you do so, hope you've released my original ID*[/s]
I have not been confirmed to be an hausa fulani slave

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by vislabraye(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Enough said!

I feel your hurt . I still blame the ruling party and the presidency for not taking the necessary steps. How can you allow yourself to be rigged out.
It's sad. GEJ did not play his cards well.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Raiders: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Jonathan was not the president when Boko Haram leader was killed. Almajiri schools, roads, Agriculture were some of the things jonathan did for this ungrateful northerners, now tell me what any northern president did for his people apart from grossly enriching themselves.
what good is road,school and Agriculture when there is no security and people are dying every day from bomb blast? The northerners were living like refugees in their own country and GEJ refuse to protect them. Infact he only visited the north eastern state weeks to the election so he could campaign. GEJ failed the people of the north

10 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Rilwayne001: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2015
The OP has been crying since morning...SMH grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by eyeview: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2015
Let's be sincere,the north voted buhari because he was their own,not because he had any better programme that GEJ.
The west voted Buhari simply because of the Osibanjo/Tinubu factor. Afterall,buhari has been contesting since,why didn't they recognise him as the change all this while.
I ask an ardent yoruba Apc supporter if he would have been clamouring for this change if Buhari had chosen Rochas or Ngige as running mate,he never answered.
Its all tribal.
Last note: let's pray that Apc learns from GEJ and provide a level electoral playing field to vote them out when they fail to perform(though I doubt).

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by christopher123(m): 10:58am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Enough said!

As a nation, when goodluck was there they touted our democracy nascent but we know that there is nothing nascent about our democracy because a fifteen year old girl has started …… and what we had was kleptocracy where we had a bunch of people that are tokenistic and prependal.

This cut across all the tribe but it was not democracy and meritocracy was sacrificed on the alter of quota system and methodology. Then came a Goodluck that was nothing but good all just slow and clueless but the democracy they said continued unabated. I loved GEJ nad still love his lamb nature but he is manipulated and he didn’t fight his wars well. Yesterday he was ousted that the powers that be, maybe he is a Christian, maybe he is an ijaw man, maybe he is a minority maybe they brought out book haram to give him a bad name. coming to bad name in igbo land there is a saying that goes that if you want ton kill a dog please just give him a bad name. that was what happened.

Did he see the handwriting on the wall/ I guess he felt like emperor NERO but all is said, the Nigerian democracy has grown or is it still nascent, today we have transcended from Democracy to Gerontocracy (gerontocracy is a form of oligarchical rule in which an entity is ruled by leaders who are significantly older than most of the adult population)
This is not democracy this is gerontocracy and in a modern age people are talking about e government, m government building smart cities we are going back to Gerontocracy.

Long live Nigeria, long live those that “believe” in Nigeria and congrats to GMB. Let just look on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by christopher123(m): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2015
eyeview:
Let's be sincere,the north voted buhari because he was their own,not because he had any better programme that GEJ.
The west voted Buhari simply because of the Osibanjo/Tinubu factor. Afterall,buhari has been contesting since,why didn't they recognise him as the change all this while.
I ask an ardent yoruba Apc supporter if he would have been clamouring for this change if Buhari had chosen Rochas or Ngige as running mate,he never answered.
Its all tribal.
Last note: let's pray that Apc learns from GEJ and provide a level electoral playing field to vote them out when they fail to perform(though I doubt).

As a nation, when goodluck was there they touted our democracy nascent but we know that there is nothing nascent about our democracy because a fifteen year old girl has started …… and what we had was kleptocracy where we had a bunch of people that are tokenistic and prependal.

This cut across all the tribe but it was not democracy and meritocracy was sacrificed on the alter of quota system and methodology. Then came a Goodluck that was nothing but good all just slow and clueless but the democracy they said continued unabated. I loved GEJ nad still love his lamb nature but he is manipulated and he didn’t fight his wars well. Yesterday he was ousted that the powers that be, maybe he is a Christian, maybe he is an ijaw man, maybe he is a minority maybe they brought out book haram to give him a bad name. coming to bad name in igbo land there is a saying that goes that if you want ton kill a dog please just give him a bad name. that was what happened.

Did he see the handwriting on the wall/ I guess he felt like emperor NERO but all is said, the Nigerian democracy has grown or is it still nascent, today we have transcended from Democracy to Gerontocracy (gerontocracy is a form of oligarchical rule in which an entity is ruled by leaders who are significantly older than most of the adult population)
This is not democracy this is gerontocracy and in a modern age people are talking about e government, m government building smart cities we are going back to Gerontocracy.

Long live Nigeria, long live those that “believe” in Nigeria and congrats to GMB. Let just look on.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by rusher14: 11:01am On Apr 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:
The OP has been crying since morning...SMH grin grin

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by rusher14: 11:02am On Apr 01, 2015
eyeview:
Its all tribal.
And in 2011?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Wsdm: 11:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Go and check the results; check the percentage of votes each candidate got from the various regions and see whose results is more inclined to ethnicity. Why is it so hard for you people to be magnanimous enough to accept this result and be calm? If everyone is inclined to your advice, then no way people from your side will ever become president of Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by christopher123(m): 11:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Raiders:
what good is road,school and Agriculture when there is no security and people are dying every day from bomb blast? The northerners were living like refugees in their own country and GEJ refuse to protect them. Infact he only visited the north eastern state weeks to the election so he could campaign. GEJ failed the people of the north

BUT IT IS NOT THE SOUTH EAST THAT CAUSED IT, NORTH HAS BEEN PROBLEMATIC RIGHT FROM 1920 AD SO WHEN THEY STARTED SHARIA DID THEY NOT UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL CAUSE THIS WAHALA, THEY SHOULD USE THEIR MONEY TO BUILD BOMBS WE USE OUR FOR GOOD ROADS AND AIRPORT

WHY AM I STILL STUCK IN NIGERIA

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by BlackGirlsCode: 11:03am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

I have not been confirmed to be an hausa fulani slave

Ok, Ijaw. Leave the crying for the Ijaws. Your numbers were irrelevant.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by eyeview: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

May God bless you. You have spoken my entire mind. I need to connect with people like you so that we'll start building a new set of young leaders from the east that can see and control things differently for our region in the nearest future.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by brownlord: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2015
Raiders:

If the ND militants decide to take up arms against Buhari government and the people of bayelsa, rivers and creek decide to buy into the militants idea, killing security men and destroying government property while the masses In shield them, there is nothing much Buhari government can do except he intend to declare full war and wipe the entire region.

Like I said here sometime ago, Obama was not there when bomb went off in Boston, but a citizen reported to the security men after seeing the the act on CCTV. Use your head son, to the north they could not deal with a minority president. The propaganda worked, couple with the fact Jonathan refuse to handover the country to OBJ and some cabals which are his greatest undoing.

@freeaGlobe, get over it, your man lost accept defeat and move on.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by christopher123(m): 11:04am On Apr 01, 2015
Wsdm:
Go and check the results; check the percentage of votes each candidate got from the various regions and see whose results is more inclined to ethnicity. Why is it so hard for you people to be magnanimous enough to accept this result and be calm? If everyone is inclined to your advice, then no way people from your side will ever become president of Nigeria.

We are not crazy about president we are crazy about either let have the economic power which we are doing gradually and also have our homeland biafra keep the presidency...it has made north so pooer that they are poorest region, obasanjo was president it did not change the roof tops of ibadan or huts in ogbomoso so forget the presidency give us the Nigerian and West African Economy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by BlackGirlsCode: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2015
They say we scammed GEJ, but what have we been doing on social medias?

We even told GEJ supporters that our Obas were cursing GEJ's destiny, dem no hear.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Pataki: 11:05am On Apr 01, 2015
OP you never cry blood comot from ya eye?

Continue with your story for the godzzzzzzz

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by BlackGirlsCode: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2015
brownlord:

If the ND militants decide to take up arms against Buhari government and the people of bayelsa, rivers and creek decide to buy into the militants idea, killing security men and destroying government property while the masses In shield them, there is nothing much Buhari government can do except he intend to declare full war and wipe the entire region.

Like I said here sometime ago, Obama was not there when bomb went off in Boston, but a citizen reported to the security men after seeing the the act on CCTV. Use your head son, to the north they could not deal with a minority president. The propaganda worked, couple with the fact Jonathan refuse to handover the country to OBJ and some cabals which are his greatest undoing.

Make dem try am.

They did the same during OBJ and Yardua's administration. How has that worked for them?

Let them kill themselves in the SS.......it would make 2019 much more easier for another Yoruba-Hausa-Fulani team.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 01, 2015
rusher14:

And in 2011?

Tinubu ask them to vote for GEJ.... he negotiated for his pocket

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by FreeGlobe(f): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

Ok, Ijaw. Leave the crying for the Ijaws. Your numbers were irrelevant.
Yoruba numbers too were irrelevant and so it would have been for the north if there were no mass underage voters. Thanks your stars that jonathan allowed all these.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Raiders: 11:07am On Apr 01, 2015
eyeview:
Its all tribal.
GEJ would still have lost if Buhari had chosen Rochas or an Igbo man as VP. This election was never about Buhari because he has been rejected 3 times by Nigerians. This election was about Nigerians passing a vote of no confident on GEJ/PDP government. APC knew that Nigerians wanted change from PDP that is why their slogan was Change

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by christopher123(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2015
It is easier said than done, the way Ukrain did not wipe Donesk..talk is cheap...is it not money that you will use to prosecute war..who will even do the fighting, is it not these army that cant defeat rag tag desert rats called boko haram on a dry land not to talk of fighting people on a swamp area with access to oil and sea....

dude dont pray for that, the economy will be in ruins, we do not export anything apart from oil...so wake up son

brownlord:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by BlackGirlsCode: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Yoruba numbers too were irrelevant and so it would have been for the north if there were no mass underage voters. Thanks your stars that jonathan allowed all these.

Really, imagine Buhari with 5 less states and GEJ with 5 more. Hmmmmm

It's not all about the #s. Forgot the 25% rule? SW is still unsure of APC (a new party). Give us 4 more years grin 2019 will be easy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by brownlord: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

Make dem try am.

They did the same during OBJ and Yardua's administration. How has that worked for them?

Let them kill themselves in the SS.......it would make 2019 much more easier for another Yoruba-Hausa-Fulani team.

My friend shut up and read my comment, comprehend before spewing gibberish on my mention

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence by Truckpusher(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Enough said!
In as much as there are elements of truth in your presumption ,at this point in time what really matters most is that power is gradually returning to the people and once that ugly status quo has been defeated completely and removed from our national politics . I can categorically tell you that it would get to a point where the better candidate will always carry the day irrespective of his region,religion and creed.

We should all at all time support any Government till they are found wanting and of course kick them out at the slightest sign of any high-handedness .Wether these my assumptions would come to pass, only time shall tell but the truth remains that the people are greater winner in this last election and not always the carry-go mentality and all thanks and praises should go to a true democrat who gave us a gift that use to be a wishful thinking.

Once again , I doff my hat for Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan the true democrat who has changed the political landscape of our dear country forever.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 States With Poorest Infrastructure In The Nigeria / Sheikh Abubakar Gumi Then As A Captain In Nigeria Army-photo / Malami Begins Probe Into Reported Fraudulent Sale Of FG's Recovered Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.