Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP (983 Views)

I Inherited Witchcraft From Suswam - Benue Gov, Ortom / Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS / Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP by NewsHub: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Few hours to the PDP governorship primaries in Benue State, the current senator representing Benue North East, Senator Barnabas Gemade moved to the APC under the influence of Akume because it was obvious the state governor was going to influence the election in his own favour (the governor vowed to get to the senate).

Senator Gemade was immediately handed the APC senatorial ticket for that zone (Benue North East) as against the main guy then, Andrew Ayabam. That decision from Akume caused a lot of ripples in APC. I remember having a political chat with a friend where he told me that was the beginning of the collapse of the APC.

When the general elections finally came, nobody gave Gemade a chance because of the desperation and resources of the governor. This fact was proven when on the day of election, Suswam boys took over. But thank God for giving us a man such as Akume in Benue State.

It was said that in the course of the elections on March 28th, Senator Akume left his own zone, Benue North West and entered Gemade's senatorial zone because he(Gemade) couldn't stand Suswan. At the end of the day, Senator Akume proved that he is the father of Benue Politics by not only winning his own senatorial seat, but also ensuring Gemade won on the platform of APC.

Most significantly, Senator George Akume made history by delivering Benue State to President Buhari; this is the first time the PDP has ever lost Benue in a presidential election. That was made possible mainly by the influence of Akume who was able to rally support from the Tiv speaking areas of Zone B and A. The people of Zone C, where the senate president, Senator David Mark is from, voted Jonathan.

I have been shouting Sai Akume since morning because if not for him there would have been no opposition in Benue State, and the PDP would have turned the people to beggars in their own land.

This is the beginning of freedom for Benue people. On April 11th the freedom will be complete when we will vote in Samuel Ortom of the APC as the next governor of Benue state.

God bless Akume
God bless Benue State
God Bless Nigerians
God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP by ugia(f): 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
For Suswan its good radiance to bad rubbish. He failed the people of Benue woefully and he stands jinxed for life.
Re: The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP by dazangel12: 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
who will redeem osun?
Re: The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP by gwales: 12:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
I like that akume
Re: The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP by ejiro2130(m): 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
U need to write another article, because akume did far more than u highlighted here or u just been modest??

He has freed Benue ppl from the stranglehold of aba more and David mark, this is even more significant, imagine tiv men can't get a fedral job because every slot for the state goes to zone c??

I think akume is now the most influential tiv man since js tarka, he went up against a sitting governor, a sitting Senate president, a tor tiv etc and he won!!

Long live Benue
Long live democracy
Long live Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Liberation Of Benue State From Suswam And The PDP by NewsHub: 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
ejiro2130:
U need to write another article, because akume did far more than u highlighted here or u just been modest??

He has freed Benue ppl from the stranglehold of aba more and David mark, this is even more significant, imagine tiv men can't get a fedral job because every slot for the state goes to zone c??

I think akume is now the most influential tiv man since js tarka, he went up against a sitting governor, a sitting Senate president, a tor tiv etc and he won!!

Long live Benue
Long live democracy
Long live Nigeria
I am working on a full article on Akume. just watch out!!!
And maybe a book would follow later in the year titled "The Man Akume"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

His Excellency Jerry Rawlings Sends A Strong Message To Nigerians - Cramjones / Tribunal Battle Begins / Chude Jideonwo: Why Today - And President Buhari - Made Me Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.