Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,862 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? (27894 Views)

Buhari Will Respond To Senate's Rejection Of Magu As EFCC Chairman -Femi Adesina / Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by appini: 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
The politicians will outsmart and rubbish him.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Mekzmoney(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
Seems like ur a boy and also an illitrate cos a mature mind wouldn't make dis statement.
Bants:
Igbo na bastard
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by JuanDeDios: 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
Afam4eva:

it's not like he won't do well at EFCC but the fact that he's doing well currently in INEC is the reason why he should remain.

Someone like Wole Soyinka will make sense as an EFCC head.
He's good at INEC. He WON'T do well at EFCC. You need someone who understands dirty dirty ways to head EFCC. Ribadu was effective because of his police background - he knew how to crack skulls when necessary. He even blackmailed people when it suited him. If you steal money and you give Jega a logical explanation he would accept it the way he accepted Rivers where no serious elections held. People like Jega don't know the extent of the badness of people.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Chiaka(f): 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
ayo26:
I just thought about it lately. What would happen if Jega becomes EFCC chairman in Buhari's regime? Do you think he'd perform or not?

He will favour a sect!!
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by dahreyM: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lyk dat insecticide advert, D corrupt ones will shout "it's jega, run for ur lives".
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by chimex001(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
How I wish Tunde Idiagbon is alive! He would have been a perfect candidate for EFCC!

1 Like

Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by mfm04622: 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jega cannot be appointed EFCC head. Only Policemen and Judges can
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Agent8706(m): 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
redcliff:

Genevieve's issue is just a case of listening to other people. If Beyonce listened to other people when she release her first single after Destiny's Child, then I doubt if she would have been in this position today because it was a very horrible one...
As much as I quite agree with you on they not letting people's opinion influence their resolve to proceed against all odds, I must still point out that having a skill as a singer doesn't qualify them being a good musician. GEJ didn't lose because he was that bad a leader (because to be sincere he has some element of a good leader), but because he was a bad politician (that is, not skilled at politicking).
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by surplus2015: 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
He can do it
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by omazus: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
Yea, you are their irresponsible father that ran away. As''hole.
Bants:
Igbo na bastard
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Bants(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Seems like ur a boy and also an illitrate cos a mature mind wouldn't make dis statement.

Do you know what igbo means in yoruba....you shld do your research because if you were a smartass yourself you will know dindinrin
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by troylaurenz: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
yahoo boys will chill
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Bants(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
omazus:
Yea, you are their irresponsible father that ran away. As''hole.

Where is common sense when u need one ? Igbo is weed in yoruba dont be too sensitive
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Rhozabeth(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
I think he is going to do one hell of a job!
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by honeric01(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Can Nuhu Ribadu be brought back to handle EFCC?

What about ICPC? Maybe Patrick Obiaghabon? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Its cool to me tha is, if he wont change to become corrupt ooo! lipsrsealed
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Nuzo1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
farino:
ORUBEBE n FFK will be the first guys to relocate to kirikiri maximum prison. Afterwards, fayose, mrs Dazani, and oil marketers will join them.
meanwhile sai Baba.

Some of you are getting so carried away by sentiments. Exactly the same thing you were accusing PDP supporters before now.

Is it the job of EFCC's chairman to relocate his supposed enemies to kirikiri? Why would Efcc take on orurebe and Fayose before Tinubu and Amechi?

Jega is too gentle and clean for such post.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by globalresource: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jega didn't trust the type of stamps given to him. He has to verify every stamp before using them. Was just laughing in the front of TV yesterday night
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by hrykanu231(m): 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:
Bad idea. He's too civil and will accept logical explanations. Look at the way he accepted Rivers. You need someone who understands gutter ways and can crack a few skulls when necessary to head the EFCC.

He kept quite in Rivers, because u understood "hurricane Kano" so he will do good or even better heading EFCC as suggested
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
It will be a disaster to move jega out of inec.Rather he should be empowered to grow our electroral process to perfection.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by funsoul: 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
there will be tremendous change in the level of corruption 4 good
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by christopher123(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
Mekzmoney:

when people say igbo lose election you ask how, Igbo never lose, the losers are south south, they lost credibility, they lost their mind and they will lose their oil well and environment. Since 1070 igbo never ruled but it has not stop igbo from been the most educated tribe, it has not stooped igbo land from having the highest income distribution, it has not stopped igbo land from having industries ranging from ICT and car manufacturing, it has not stoped igbo from having the biggest online trading firms like www.slot.com, www.wakanow.com, www.PTVphones.com and biggest onlie blogs making million employing igbos such as linda ikeji, bella naija..it has not stoped igbo from progessing

one thing the lack of president did or is doing for igbo is that it made them understand that they do not have any body to depend but on their-selves and brain with God been on their side...

look at how the Yoruba and Hausa are bragging, that it what presidency does to them, it gives them wrong sense of fulfilment and achievement while their problem such as high level of touting, pverty, omo nili mentality, almajirism and polio and illiteracy looms around

since north have presidency have they produced likes of chimamanda, chinua, elechi amadi and other global known literary giants ..the answer is big No, yoruba managed only Wole soyinka thats all.

You can see what dependence on politics and governance can do to some region. The same way dependence on oil never impacted on Niger delta, the best thing depend on yourself

KEEP SAYING WE ARE APC...LET ME KNOW IF APC Will buy you that car that you will drive, buy you that great perdume or put food on your tables....

Bunch of confused lots

1 Like

Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by fpeter(f): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
I yearn for a New Nigeria where people who have performed well in their positions would
just be left to continue...like Osita of FRSC and JEGA of INEC...
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by aristocrazzy: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
sholay2011:

How is it different in Nigerian politics? undecided

And if you claim it's not the same, that uncertainty shouldn't make you end your comment with 'he CAN'T perform'.

angry
see yourself that's why we are where we are today.
That's how they gave Late Dora Akunyil Minister of information because of her performance for Nafdac.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by rikamann: 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
appini:
With all due respect to Jega's integrity, the politicians will outsmart and rubbish him.

Thinking in your direction. Nigeria is not easy to rule.
Won't be too easy for Buhari but God will help him rule well

1 Like

Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Emmaowolabia(m): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
bigass:
This is an emotional decision. calm down
is not outrightly an emotion laden thought. I feel same too but i think he will be better handling office that require more numerical skills- minister of petroleum or national identity card commission
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by rikamann: 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
honeric01:
Can Nuhu Ribadu be brought back to handle EFCC?

What about ICPC? Maybe Patrick Obiaghabon? grin grin grin grin grin
No to the choices, we need fresh hands
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by morakone(m): 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
I belief he shld continue with Inec there are lot of reforms to do
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by honeric01(m): 3:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
rikamann:

No to the choices, we need fresh hands

Like?
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by wowo2: 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
aristocrazzy:
Stoping corruption is different from counting votes. He can't perform at all.

I doubt that he wouldn't perform but I don't see him accepting such a job anyway. He is a Political Science teacher and his integrity notwithstanding, am sure the jobs he takes outside of teaching and research are in related fields of political science. Jega has always been my hero as I followed his role as ASUU chair in the 90s reading newspapers everyday even though I was young and just becoming lucid back then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan's Campaign Billboard Burnt In Abuja After Poll Shift / Youths Break Into APC National Secretariat In Abuja, Chase Away Staff / APC Women And Youth Presidential Campaign In PH Stadium Rivers State. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.