Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? (1370 Views)

African Cinderella- A Short Story / Downtown Fairy Tale. genre( urban-fantasy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
where was she/what was she doing prior to then?

any guesses/theories?

I saw this question somewhere.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by darksuit(m): 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Because it was not yet her time grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
didn't know the thread posted- I kept getting an error message.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
meninblack:
Because it was not yet her time grin

yes, why was it not her time before then?
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by drollster(m): 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
I guess she was waiting till her appearance would have maximum effect I.e. allowing Cinderella meet
the prince under favourable conditions which seemed to be the height of every girl's ambitions in those days.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 1:27am On Apr 02, 2015
drollster:
I guess she was waiting till her appearance would have maximum effect I.e. allowing Cinderella meet
the prince under favourable conditions which seemed to be the height of every girl's ambitions in those days.

That's an interesting angle.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 1:33am On Apr 02, 2015
I have a few guesses or theories:

- she ( fairy godmother) was originally part of the problem but later switched sides when the prince appeared

- fairy g was prevented from helping cinderella prior to the ball

-g's powers could only promote or foster love/infatuation and nothing else

-g had not previously been aware of cinderella's plight

- g herself had been under similar issues as cinderella, and she rushed to help her when she got a chance

-g was really an attache of the prince and thus chose his wife for him

- g 's powers were limited and she didn't want to waste them.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by Vivly(f): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
Also, when the clock struck 12, everything went back to their former state. Except the glass slippers. Maka why?
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by Tashaamania(f): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
They did us wayo in that part, chaii cry cry
Vivly:
Also, when the clock struck 12, everything went back to their former state. Except the glass slippers. Maka why?
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by Vivly(f): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tashaamania:
They did us wayo in that part, chaii cry cry

Don't mind Disney. grin Dey think sey na only children dey watch.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
yes, the mystery of the glass slippers.

anyway, in the original Cinderella story from sometime in BC, set in Egypt, the heroine's sandal was taken by an eagle who dropped it in front of the Egyptian king.

He liked the sandal, looked for its owner, and then married her.

So, it may be the shoes are actually one of the main themes of the story.

and yes, where did the godmother get the shoes from ,and why didn't they disappear along with the rest of the clothing.

ie why weren't they magical.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by drollster(m): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
tpiadotcom:
yes, the mystery of the glass slippers.

anyway, in the original Cinderella story from sometime in BC, set in Egypt, the heroine's sandal was taken by an eagle who dropped it in front of the Egyptian king.

He liked the sandal, looked for its owner, and then married her.

So, it may be the shoes are actually one of the main themes of the story.

and yes, where did the godmother get the shoes from ,and why didn't they disappear along with the rest of the clothing.

ie why weren't they magical.

I think the shoes were magical but their duty was to stay and trigger the prince finding cinders.

As per the time delay before fairy g showed up; perhaps it was to enable cinders build character?
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
With that level of suffering?

Haba.
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by drollster(m): 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
tpiadotcom:
With that level of suffering?

Haba.

What does not kill you ....,..................................
Re: Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? by tpiadotcom: 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
gives room for every tom dick and harry to make an entrance and try their luck.

(1) (Reply)

15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / My Portfolio / 1080 Degrees Poetry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.