Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Jonathan's Five Strikes: Why He Lost The Election (UK Guardian) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Five Strikes: Why He Lost The Election (UK Guardian) (904 Views)

Time Is Up For Muhammadu Buhari - UK Guardian / 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian / Nigeria's Goodluck Jonathan: Five Reasons Why He Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Five Strikes: Why He Lost The Election (UK Guardian) by maxsiollun: 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/01/nigeria-election-goodluck-jonathan-lost

My article in the UK Guardian about how President Goodluck Jonathan blunder's cost him the 2015 Nigerian presidential election.

4. Bad management
Jonathan’s relations with party members at times resembled a football coach antagonising his star players into leaving for rival teams. His tendency to fall out with colleagues simultaneously weakened his party and strengthened the opposition.

Getting on the wrong side of Obasanjo is the political equivalent of crossing a mafia don. You will pay.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Five Strikes: Why He Lost The Election (UK Guardian) by chiefolododo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
All i can type is 'amen'
Re: Jonathan's Five Strikes: Why He Lost The Election (UK Guardian) by kettykin: 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
maxsiollun:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/01/nigeria-election-goodluck-jonathan-lost

My article in the UK Guardian about how President Goodluck Jonathan blunder's cost him the 2015 Nigerian presidential election.

Sir I think some of your postulations are not accepted by me.
First obasanjo never formed PDP but PDP was formed by politicians like Ekwueme, Solomon Lar etc.
Secondly Jonathan even though a good man was not a politician and could not apply political solution to political problems like insecurity, opposition, defections and carpet crossing.

An astute politician like odili would have defeated buhari with out much effort.
Jonathan simply put was not Street smart
Re: Jonathan's Five Strikes: Why He Lost The Election (UK Guardian) by Sweetguy25: 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jonathan lost the elections because he had no balls to rig. Thats the only reason.

(1) (Reply)

A Funny Open Congratulation Message To GMB And Fans By Awe Adetayo Victor / Obasanjo Recommends Soludo As Finance Minister To Buhari, Tinubu Kicks / Are There Still Igbo Like This On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.