Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership (34835 Views)

Ondo Governorship: Borrofice Favoured To Pick APC's Ticket / Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner / Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by datribune: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
Collinsemegreat:
i pray buhari upgrade his(GEJ) achievement such as making nigeria the biggest economy and brought mre educatn to northern nigeria and odas...datx enof to mak hm win d award!

Hahahaha rebasing, biggest economy. I guess we should be celebrating growth without development or a president dat created d greatest inequality in our land. Iweala's empty statistics hav no meaning or impact on d masses of Nigeria & that was why we rejected at d polls d PDP & their trickle-down economics which enriches a privileged few at d expense of d masses. d richest black man in d world is Nigerian. d richest black woman is Nigerian. Nigeria has d greatest number of private jet owners in Africa but d mass of d people live in abject poverty - below $1 - $2 a day. Our national patrimony is daily being shared among a cabal of govt sponsors in deals dat reek of corruption & infamy. To GEJ, stealing is not corruption. He failed in every area of leadership & development of our nation. Good riddance.
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Babalegba(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jonathan does not deserve the prize. Ge was incompetent, bumbling and corrupt in office. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Collinsemegreat(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
datribune:

Hahahaha rebasing, biggest economy. I guess we should be celebrating growth without development or a president dat created d greatest inequality in our land. Iweala's empty statistics hav no meaning or impact on d masses of Nigeria & that was why we rejected at d polls d PDP & their trickle-down economics which enriches a privileged few at d expense of d masses. d richest black man in d world is Nigerian. d richest black woman is Nigerian. Nigeria has d greatest number of private jet owners in Africa but d mass of d people live in abject poverty - below $1 - $2 a day. Our national patrimony is daily being shared among a cabal of govt sponsors in deals dat reek of corruption & infamy. To GEJ, stealing is not corruption. He failed in every area of leadership & development of our nation. Good riddance.
mmmm just prove that dose around president elect aren't worse to people u taint?like iweala becos i guex apc is made of old pdp
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
Liegeria:
Nigerians and illusions.

GEJ can't win the award. He ran a clueless and a thoroughly corrupt government laden with unprecedented impunity. There are reasons why he lost.

You don't win the award by simply conceding defeat to a winner.
. Oh shut the foul trap, unrepentant sadist! Nigeria needs rehabilitation for ur kind. #yimu
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by oakson: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ujupsy:
you are the most stupid man on earth he Gej deserve the best. aboki like you are the worst people that made this country suffer this much. abacha's loot can not be compared to any in the world go and roast in hell homosexual that parade as human.

Cry me a river so that your gej may swim in d pool of your foolishness. Your stupidity is really growing to d high heavens. Did u know how much ur tin god wasted on electioneering? Don't tell me u are a sudanese living in nigeria; it seems u've lost touch with reality... Dumb ass

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by darediamond(m): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
And point at nigeria past leader that did not. Loot. Even your so called change, will he not Loot too as he did under Abacha?
Nonsense!
oakson:
Inconclusive!
PEOPLE DECIEVING PEOPLE
If at all he wins it I will advise mo ibrahim to keep his money. Its just a drop in the ocean to what gej has looted
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lol. Favored by who? You? LOOOOOOOOOOOOL you people. Go and Google the criteria for the Mo Ibrahim award. Or not. Continue to grease his bruised ego so the fool leaves quietly.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
darediamond:
And point at nigeria past leader that did not. Loot. Even your so called change, will he not Loot too as he did under Abacha?
Nonsense!

Typical Nigerian. "Is he the only one?" Raise your subterranean standards.
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Sagamite(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
Whether he gets it or not, GEJ should be in prison for corruption (yam eating) by the time the award is announced.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Texcoco(m): 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Haters will forever hate,Jonathan is Nigeria's closest version of Mandela. The Best President Nigeria ever had...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by darejem4real: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
He deserved it
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Youngsage: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
oakson:
Inconclusive!
PEOPLE DECIEVING PEOPLE
If at all he wins it I will advise mo ibrahim to keep his money. Its just a drop in the ocean to what gej has looted
I Tell you!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by JosephPhilip: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
It's sometimes tough to accept defeat like he did.

He however has charted a new path in the history of our dear country.

Kudos to him.

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Youngsage: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nigerians are funny people sha. GEJ CANNOT win it.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by datribune: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
Collinsemegreat:
mmmm just prove that dose around president elect aren't worse to people u taint?like iweala becos i guex apc is made of old pdp

What u look 4 in a president is sound judgement & d ability to surround him/herself wit a good team. In his short stint as head of state he assembled a team of patriots who rescued nigeria frm d brink of collapse in d worst economic recession in our history. He did it b4, he will do it again.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by kingbasil: 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
History will forever remember GEJ as the man who preserved the democracy we have in Nigeria... whether you like it or not the man is too smart... see now even after losing at the polls, he is still the man...
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by neocortex: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ has shown African leaders how to react to election loss, it takes a composed and wise man to follow GEJ's example.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by luvmijeje(f): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
If Jonathan wins the award then the award have become useless. Africans should stop celebrating mediocrity. We should stop rewarding those who fail in their duties and also stop setting wrong examples to the youths with all these nonsense.

If there's nobody who did better than Jonathan, then the award should be cancel.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
The incumbent President has chosen to write his name in gold by conceding defeat.he has shown that he is indeed a statesman and I would gladly nominate him for any award....we are proud of you and thank you for the chance you have given us to choose our President-elect

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by MeandSum: 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
I'll personally petition Mo Ibrahim to take GEJ out of consideration.
The award was for good governance. Not just for leaving office.
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by datribune: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Haters will forever hate,Jonathan is Nigeria's closest version of Mandela. The Best President Nigeria ever had...

Keep consoling urself. He was d weakest, most clueless & corrupt leader in nigerian history & that's why he holds d unenviable record of d 1st incumbent to be sent packing. If u hav a short memory, d world doesn't.
Prof Akin Oyebode: Jonathan is a disgrace to all phd holders - Prof Oyebode is fmr fmr Vice-Chancellor University of Ado-Ekiti, a distinguished academic, an astute lawyer & Professor of International Law at d university of lagos
Julius Malema, south Afric
an political activist. - Jonathan is irresponsible
John Mccain, frm US presidential candidate - "some guy called Goodluck Jonathan"
Yoweri Museveni, Ugandan President - " I Would Rather Hang Myself Than Invite UN For Security Like Nigeria's Goodluck Jonathan”
Good riddance. #neveragain

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by kraftykc(m): 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
Liegeria:
Nigerians and illusions.

GEJ can't win the award. He ran a clueless and a thoroughly corrupt government laden with unprecedented impunity. There are reasons why he lost.

GBAM!!! I know nit where we arise from with these assertions. GEJ did the honorable thing but this does not absolve him of the worse stint in Nigerian leadership history.
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by MeandSum: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Collinsemegreat:

Do you have any idea why Nigeria's economy became the largest in Africa? GEJ has nothing to do with it!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by PTNL: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Chai! Upon all Oga don chop for this nation. No way cos he's got some skeletons in his cupboard nevertheless, we still appreciate that sportsmanship attitude.
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by gogodaye(m): 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Liegeria:
Nigerians and illusions.

I have good doubts if you have an idea about what you are asserting......someone ran Nigeria's economy to become the first on the continent and an acclaimed destination for foreign direct investment and you term that to be 'cluelessness'
PGEJ tenure saw on the home front more cases being instituted against persons engaged in corrupt practices than any other government in the annals pf our history....folks like ex-IGP, Sunday Gabriel Ehindero and Hon. Farouk Lawal all standing trial and this was acknowledged internationally.....Nigeria's rating improved continuously using the Transparency International index.....
You better equip yourself with the requisite knowledge and skills you require to survive in our bounteous economy with estimated projections of about 5% increase in national income....so that you do not self conceitedly stay fixated at this unsavory spot of yours....continuously blinded from seeing the opportunities that abound around you, whilst your peers make hay whilst the sun is still up....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Texcoco(m): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
datribune:

[s]Keep consoling urself. He was d weakest, most clueless & corrupt leader in nigerian history & that's why he holds d unenviable record of d 1st incumbent to be sent packing. If u hav a short memory, d world doesn't.
Prof Akin Oyebode: Jonathan is a disgrace to all phd holders - Prof Oyebode is fmr fmr Vice-Chancellor University of Ado-Ekiti, a distinguished academic, an astute lawyer & Professor of International Law at d university of lagos
Julius Malema, south Afric
an political activist. - Jonathan is irresponsible
John Mccain, frm US presidential candidate - "some guy called Goodluck Jonathan"
Yoweri Museveni, Ugandan President - " I Would Rather Hang Myself Than Invite UN For Security Like Nigeria's Goodluck Jonathan”
Good riddance. #neveragain[/s]
Haahaa, Hater wants to console himself.…Too late,the World has already taken note of this singular selfless act from GEJ and will revere him accordingly,you janjaweede cannot take it back again..Haahaaahaaa.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Dee60: 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
I doubt if that will ever happen. Not with the massive corruption that took place in his time.
Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by gogodaye(m): 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
datribune:

Sit here and be fixated with educational certificates that would only guarantee you the job of clerk in the public service or a feontbdesk assistant in any private enterprise..... Cadres already being phased out of today's employment market......
Your peers have started retooling themselves with the prerequisite knowledge and skills.....several of them took up the challenge and are in top rank universities on sponsorship by the FG & some state governments.... Others have become entrepreneurs under the YOUWIN and allied schemes......
Whilst you are here waiting to be on the queue to bepaid the illusory #5,000.00 allowance promised by GMB......

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by datribune: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Haahaa, Hater wants to console himself.…Too late,the World has already taken note of this singular selfless act from GEJ and will revere him accordingly,you janjaweede cannot take it back again..Haahaaahaaa.

Pls change ur mentality & stop trivializing d Mo Ibrahim prize just because u want to console urself over a failed president. Senegal, Mauritius, Ghana, Mali, Cote D’ Ivoire Lesotho & Benin Republic ar some of d countries where some incumbents & ruling parties lost presidential elections to d opposition & handed over. Nigeria is where we ar because we ar easily impressed. What is spectacular in being defeated & doing d normal thing?. NB: d Mo Ibrahim prize is not a prize 4 d most corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by datribune: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
gogodaye:

Sit here and be fixated with educational certificates that would only guarantee you the job of clerk in the public service or a feontbdesk assistant in any private enterprise..... Cadres already being phased out of today's employment market......
Your peers have started retooling themselves with the prerequisite knowledge and skills.....several of them took up the challenge and are in top rank universities on sponsorship by the FG & some state governments.... Others have become entrepreneurs under the YOUWIN and allied schemes......
Whilst you are here waiting to be on the queue to bepaid the illusory #5,000.00 allowance promised by GMB......

Do i sound like someone looking 4 YOUWIN or a #5,000.00 allowance?. GEJ was rejected at d polls & he has no one but himself to blame 4 squandering our goodwill on d alter of rabid corruption. Pls do not cheapen or trivialize d Mo Ibrahim award. It's not an award 4 d most corrupt

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by ndcide(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
WHERE EXACTLY IS THIS SHI!T COMING FROM?

I JUST HOPE IT'S NOT FROM THOSE BOMBING THE COUNTRY THROUGH BOKO HARAM OR FROM THOSE WHO GO TO THE MEDIA TO CALL HIM CLUELESS.

THEY SHOULD GIVE IT UP. GEJ CANNOT SUDDENLY BECOME THE GREATEST NIGERIAN ALIVE , 24 HOURS AFTER AN ELECTION RESULT THAT REMOVED HIM FROM OFFICE. YET HE WAS HATED EVEN TO THE POLLS.

I'M NOT FALLING FOR SUCH SHI!T

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership by Texcoco(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
datribune:

Pls change ur mentality & stop trivializing d Mo Ibrahim prize just because u want to console urself over a failed president. Senegal, Mauritius, Ghana, Mali, Cote D’ Ivoire Lesotho & Benin Republic ar some of d countries where some incumbents & ruling parties lost presidential elections to d opposition & handed over. Nigeria is where we ar because we ar easily impressed. What is spectacular in being defeated & doing d normal thing?.

See your life, all those presidents finished their two terms before stepping down....see your life??.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari / Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) / Five-star Retirement: Matawalle, Wike, Okowa, Umahi, Ganduje To Get Mansions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.