Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? (23271 Views)

Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay / Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun / How The Governorship Elections Will Be Won And Lost - Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by udemzyudex(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Akwa ibom is for PDP any day any time... APC can only try...

Forget all those analysis,its a normal thing,in fact it is neccessary,but the fact still remains.

AK for PDP.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Akan(m): 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
Not only is Udom Emmanuel from my Local Government (ONNA) he is also from my clan, but will i be voting for him? NO WAY! why? well, very simple we do not want a third term for Akpabio. That is what we will be voting for (a third term for Akpabio) should Udom win. The guy is no doubt a puppet and we the Ibibios believe that Udom has sold his soul to that Annang man. Imagine going for an Annang man as his deputy.

We need to rise up and vote Akpabio and his cohorts out of governance for good. Enough is enough abeg

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by blackpriest0911: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
If PDP,it will b Akpabio third term...say no to PDP

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Dcmg(m): 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hmm.
As for me,APC OR PDP,I don't Just Like Umana Okon Umana.
Udom will do for me,but if any of them wins.Goodluck
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Enoquin(f): 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
tempest01:
I think Udom Emmanuel is the change and new breed needed in Akwa Ibom state keeping party affiliations aside.
He was also ssg, and given his experience rising to the top of his career with zenith bank, he has what it takes to move the state forward.

Umana umana is part of the old cabaI...his seeking of the governorship office made him decamp.

I think the only error Akpabio did was to give his zone the deputy governorship slot after doing 8 years. He should have given it to Uyo senatorial district.

But I am positive Udom will win nevertheless.

The issue of APC at the federal level shouldn't be a problem. Governors should be wise enough to be diplomatic so as to curry favour to their States, no matter the party affiliation

Without sentiments, your post is correct. Those that are against Udom are just sentimental. Umana is not what Akwa Ibom needs perhaps if it was 4 or 8 years ago, when anyone could become a governor without us caring about his antecedents.
People keep saying no state should be against the federal power but APC had states that were not in alignment with the center...so, what are people saying? Let PDP learn to be in the opposition and be diplomatic with the centre.
Cross River has been in alignment with the centre and yet Tinapa lay there as a monumental waste.
Akwa Ibom was in alignment with the centre but we did not really have a federal presence except in agriculture and that was a little. The road to Cross River from Akwa Ibom is in shambles, so what has an alignment brought us? Was Umana not part of the old government?

Now on to politics, Akpabio did wrong no doubt but Akpabio's control over Udom will greatly reduce because he will no more have a backing from the central government; Udom will no longer be a puppet as people are envisioning.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by henpaul2000(m): 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
PDP WILL WIN
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by wordychap: 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
Had APC fielded a 'better' candidate, they would surely have taken d gov seat,
UOU is detasted by many in akwa ibom state who see him as one of those that've drained akwa ibom funds; he's been in government through Victor Attahs regime to Akpabios.

Had Udom Emmanuel not been hand picked by Akpabio, he would have cruised to d governors seat without stress viz his credentials.

Akwa ibom votes based on d senatorial districts; Uyo senatorial district (majority), Ikot ekpene s.d., Eket s.d. will likely go this way;
Ikot Ekpene s.d.-------Udom Emmanuel
Uyo s.d---------------Umana O. U. majorly but strong showing by Udom Emmanuel
Eket s.d--------------U.O.U.60% Udom 40% ( bearing in mind that Oron nation is for U.O.U. n Udom's vote in eket axis will b split with mma Esuene, Bishop etc.
Taking d demographics of d voting pattern, Udom cuts across all d senatorial districts n will take d seat bearing in mind that d rigging apparatus is still with akpabio.

So Akwa Ibom is PDP

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
Impossicant! That's a State of Uncommon Transformation. A State with better roads than Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by antontech(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
You guys seat here and discuss politics as if u are in Akwa Ibom, Even if APC win all the states they will NEVER win Akwa Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa and Cross River.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Seun360(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
AkpanUnanam:
u just spoke our mind? Umana is a bad pretender its knows that He can't not win this Election

The same way people said Buhari can't win abi?
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Seun360(m): 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
wordychap:
Had APC fielded a 'better' candidate, they would surely have taken d gov seat,
UOU is detasted by many in akwa ibom state who see him as one of those that've drained akwa ibom funds; he's been in government through Victor Attahs regime to Akpabios.

Had Udom Emmanuel not been hand picked by Akpabio, he would have cruised to d governors seat without stress viz his credentials.

Akwa ibom votes based on d senatorial districts; Uyo senatorial district (majority), Ikot ekpene s.d., Eket s.d. will likely go this way;
Ikot Ekpene s.d.-------Udom Emmanuel
Uyo s.d---------------Umana O. U. majorly but strong showing by Udom Emmanuel
Eket s.d--------------U.O.U.60% Udom 40% ( bearing in mind that iron nation is for U.O.U. n Udom's vote in eket axis will b split with mma Esuene, Bishop etc.
Taking d demographics of d voting pattern, Udom cuts across all d senatorial districts n will take d seat bearing in mind that d rigging apparatus is still with akpabio.

So Akwa Ibom is PDP

What about the Oro nation?
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by anibestlala(m): 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
seagulsntrawler:

UOU will also split the votes in Ikot ekpene senatorial district mainly populated by the annangs( akpabio`s clan) because the people from Abak LGA(a core annang council area) are aggrieved, and feels the senatorial seat should be theirs (rightly so, too) until Akpabio signified interest and muscled his way to the senate. Hence, they are more likely to vote against PDP since they do not have anything at stake and do not share the same sentiment as Akpabio.
With these underlying factors at play I don't think PDP has a chance against the agents of Change in the state.
When UOU first started his sojourn in APC, a lot of people were skeptical and never gave him a chance but today many oppressed Ibibios, mainly the elites,middle class and the poor now see him as a rallying point against an oppressor(Akpabio).
It will be interesting for you to know that many from Udom`s senatorial district(eket zone) do not even fancy him as a governor cos of the akpabio's link. Also, the majority in that district are ibibios too.

do believe strongly that aks would be the last state apc can take over, attah and etiebet not withstanding.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by ediko5(m): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
I am always disturbed when i see Nigerians bring in tribal sentiments into matters that involve the development of the state and country at large.

For God's sake even if Umana Okon Umana is from my village, i will not vote him. because, he's a greedy person.

Umana Okon Umana is one of the strong men who fought Akpabio's way into office back in 2007, he has been in Akpabio's administration for 7 years as a Godfather. he decamped last year to APC.

If Umana claims Akpabio is corrupt, then he himself is definitely corrupt. There's no far political relationship between udom and umana.

Umana though Akpabio will bow down for him, by the way it's eket turn to rule Akwa Ibom if we must follow the zoning formula.

If i was to vote for APC, it can never be umana. He is a wrong choice of APC in Akwa Ibom and i want the national body of APC to be very careful of him cos he's a traitor.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Akolawole(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
'' No go Area ''
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by wordychap: 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
Seun360:

What about the Oro nation?
Oron nation is for UOU but they are part of Eket senatorial district where Udom Emmanuel hails from.
Its d Ikot Ekpene S.d. that'll tip d balance for Udom's win
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Jnrbaino4real(m): 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
PDP would win in akwa ibom state, Akwa ibom state remains a pdp state. I find it funny , when people start dreaming all cos Buhari won
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by jimmiedave(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
I don't know what is wrong with dis so.call Ibibio people, dey r so tribalistic n sentimental, what is wrong wit Udon choosing anang has his deputy, is it not anang man dt make Akwa Ibom what is it today? wen that ur Ibibio or where Eva he came from was a governor, wht did he do. mke Una go repent ooo

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by herald9: 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
Umana Okon Umana that stingy man...I prefer Udom joor grin
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by herald9: 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
jimmiedave:
I don't know what is wrong with dis so.call Ibibio people, dey r so tribalistic n sentimental, what is wrong wit Udon choosing anang has his deputy, is it not anang man dt make Akwa Ibom what is it today? wen that ur Ibibio or where Eva he came from was a governor, wht did he do. mke Una go repent ooo

eyah... take heart. tongue

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Opinedecandid(m): 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
I've read through almost all the positions of respondents above me, and guess what, most persons think this is a forum to attract votes for his/her preferred candidate in the forthcoming Akwa Ibom guber election. Especially the APC supporters here. Some of the reactions here lack direct touch with reality on ground in AKS. Take for instance the support UOU enjoys from Don Etiebet and Victor Attah as touted here as being enough to give him sufficient votes to win the elections. Impossible. I'm from Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District, particularly Atuekong Don Etiebet's LGA. A free a fair election was conducted in Don Etiebet's Ward and polling Unit in the March 28th Elections, guess what, PDP, still won, both in his Unit and his Ward with about 90%. This was despite the fact that he went home a few days before that election, called a meeting and impressed upon his people to vote out PDP. Okay, u may say, it won't happen that way again in the April 11th Poll. You are correct, but is it possible for him to win for APC 50% of the votes there(in his Ward and Unit) not just his entire LGA)? Hell NO!
What of that of Victor Attah? Certainly, the former governor enjoys a little support from his people, but to what extent? Can he influence 50 % of his people's votes for APC? Hell no, again. Were he the kind of Governor, Akpabio is, who has largely empowered his people and developed his place he would be certainly enjoying the kind of cult-like fellowership Akpabio enjoys, not just in his Ward, LGA, Fed. Constituency, but his entire Senatorial District.
The issue of APC winning Eket Senatorial District is just laughable. APC will only have about 70% of Oron Votes. Don't forget that the Present Minister of Housing is from Oron, the Senator elect of Eket Senatorial District is from Oron, the 5 local Government Chairmen or the Oro nation are still all loyal to PDP, 2 of them are candidates of the party for the State Assembly polls. There are councillors, Supervisors, Board Chairmen, Commissioners, SAs and PAs to the Governor from Oron who are all loyal to the party and desirous to deliver their respective Wards so they can be favoured in the incoming PDP State government. But note this, the votes of the entire 5 LGAs of Oron is not as much as the votes of Oruk Anam and Essien Udim, put together (I'm speaking from available statistics, one may go and confirm). And these are some of the vote basket LGAs that PDP would harvest 80% votes. Also, given that Udom Emmanuel, who is from Eket Senatorial District is sure to be given between 60-70% of the votes there.
Now the only Senatorial District that will favour the APC Candidate UOU is the Uyo Senatorial District. Mind you, the candidate of APC is disfavoured by the extant zoning system of the State. So many persons from his Senatorial District, Uyo, even his LGA, won't vote for him, let alone other Senatorial Districts of the State.
I can go on and on. Truth is UOU can have 40% of the vote casts for the elections, despite APC winning at the centre. And in worst case scenario, Udom Gabriel Emmanuel of PDP will have over 50% of the votes cast in the State.
Quote me after April 11th!
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by ediko5(m): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
jimmiedave:

My brother, you are on point.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Appliedmaths(m): 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
I love your analysis, but you see Umana Umana is an aggrieved politician. PDP in Akwaibom operates with the zoning formula, and its the turn of Eket local government to govern the state. VictorAttah, Uyo. Akpabio, Ikot ekpene, and now Udom is representing Eket. Please I observe that most of you don't really understand the politicking in Akwaibom state. An agreement was made, under the PDP which Umana Umana was part of, now the same man is crying blue murder. Akpabio is not imposing Udom on Akwaibom people, he is only trying to keep his words and also the unity of the PDP in Akwaibom state. As an Eket man, an also a supporter of the PDP, I welcome the competition but I'm sick of Umana and his baby politics.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Nickymezor(f): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
Let d best man win... though I really want APC to win there sha ....Enough of this PDP abeg...no be deir birthright nw

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Appliedmaths(m): 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Opinedecandid:
I've read through almost all the positions of respondents above me, and guess what, most persons think this is a forum to attract votes for his/her preferred candidate in the forthcoming Akwa Ibom guber election. Especially the APC supporters here. Some of the reactions here lack direct touch with reality on ground in AKS. Take for instance the support UOU enjoys from Don Etiebet and Victor Attah as touted here as being enough to give him sufficient votes to win the elections. Impossible. I'm from Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District, particularly Atuekong Don Etiebet's LGA. A free a fair election was conducted in Don Etiebet's Ward and polling Unit in the March 28th Elections, guess what, PDP, still won, both in his Unit and his Ward with about 90%. This was despite the fact that he went home a few days before that election, called a meeting and impressed upon his people to vote out PDP. Okay, u may say, it won't happen that way again in the April 11th Poll. You are correct, but is it possible for him to win for APC 50% of the votes there(in his Ward and Unit) not just his entire LGA)? Hell NO!
What of that of Victor Attah? Certainly, the former governor enjoys a little support from his people, but to what extent? Can he influence 50 % of his people's votes for APC? Hell no, again. Were he the kind of Governor, Akpabio is, who has largely empowered his people and developed his place he would be certainly enjoying the kind of cult-like fellowership Akpabio enjoys, not just in his Ward, LGA, Fed. Constituency, but his entire Senatorial District.
The issue of APC winning Eket Senatorial District is just laughable. APC will only have about 70% of Oron Votes. Don't forget that the Present Minister of Housing is from Oron, the Senator elect of Eket Senatorial District is from Oron, the 5 local Government Chairmen or the Oro nation are still all loyal to PDP, 2 of them are candidates of the party for the State Assembly polls. There are councillors, Supervisors, Board Chairmen, Commissioners, SAs and PAs to the Governor from Oron who are all loyal to the party and desirous to deliver their respective Wards so they can be favoured in the incoming PDP State government. But note this, the votes of the entire 5 LGAs of Oron is not as much as the votes of Oruk Anam and Essien Udim, put together (I'm speaking from available statistics, one may go and confirm). And these are some of the vote basket LGAs that PDP would harvest 80% votes. Also, given that Udom Emmanuel, who is from Eket Senatorial District is sure to be given between 60-70% of the votes there.
Now the only Senatorial District that will favour the APC Candidate UOU is the Uyo Senatorial District. Mind you, the candidate of APC is disfavoured by the extant zoning system of the State. So many persons from his Senatorial District, Uyo, even his LGA, won't vote for him, let alone other Senatorial Districts of the State.
I can go on and on. Truth is UOU can have 40% of the vote casts for the elections, despite APC winning at the centre. And in worst case scenario, Udom Gabriel Emmanuel of PDP will have over 50% of the votes cast in the State.
Quote me after April 11th!

I couldn't agree more.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by hobat4cash(m): 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
As an ibibio man, people will understand if I vote for UOU. But i support APC in this gubernatorial race not because of where am from but for equity. We have 3 major ethnic group in the state, the Ibibios, the annangs and the oron people. The first 2 have had their turn at the highest political office in the land, so it is only fair that the Oro nation should produce the next Governor.
The running mate in the APC is an Oron man, hence my primary reason to vote APC. On a lighter note, my secondary reason is because no true Ibibio son or daughter has been in the government house for 8 years and if PDP wins that will make it 12 or 16 years.
Having said that, we will never separate politics from ethnicity no mater how altruistic we are. My take.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by hobat4cash(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
jimmiedave:
You see i don't people like you for insulting the Ibibio race, its the greedy ones amongst us that i blame. Afterall someone said that we will become ineffective majority, but God pass am.
Lets assume PDP wins the upcoming election, that will make 3 different administration. The first one an annang man was involved, the second one they were involved now the third one they will be involved again abi? While the biggest ethnic group in the state will be involved just once abi? Ineffective majority abi? God pass una i repeat.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by ediko5(m): 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
sincerely speaking even though my mum is ibibio, they are too tribalistic.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by utytill(m): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
udom will win.uou is frm uyo.he should wait for 2023.this turn is for eket.apc should hav pick someone frm eket.my tot anyway.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by DePrynCe: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
De game can only be interesting when played with an oppositionist. De ones @ de top cud only lessened/reduced his tentacles over-shoot when thr's an opposition member in check. Afterall PDP in their days had an opposition candidate as Amaechi and...? Their states still strives. Like it or not,Udom all de way till 2019 and beyond!
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by montero001: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
if the votes count, UoU will win. But we know how things went during the presidential elections, that makes it hard to say exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Buhari Swears-in National Assembly Service Commission Members / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Application - Court Postpones Ruling Till April 25!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.