Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari (48822 Views)

Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari / EMBARRASSING! CNN Interviews Soldiers On Front Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by appini: 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Buhari said that Nigerians should give him at least 16years to tackle corruption in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Azo(m): 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.

When will u learn??

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
I watched it live and I like his responses to all the questions thrown at him.....He look like someone that's willing to bring real change like his soo to be predecessor GEJ, but the question is, will those rogues behind him allow him to work,Like they led our humble boy, Jona astray?
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Emma4Jesu(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
shedyman:
How on earth will money saved from corruption raise the needed funds for a country?

Whilst I admit curbing corruption can save the country some funds but am at a loss as to how such sum will be enough to salvage the economic woes of a nation of 170 Million people.

Am still skeptically watching GBM on 3D, I just hope the masses made the right choice.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

The man you are refering to has rule this country before, for him to be specific that money saved from corruption can save the country, then he knew what he is saying, if they tell you how much is in the hands of those political thiefs, only recovery from just 4 political thiefs will take care of 36 states and the federal capital for one and half year, so let him continue and do the change for us, enough is enough for all this suffering in this God blessed rich country

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by DrBulalaa(m): 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
On a serious note that interview was not it...No clear cut plan on how to handle the economic mess we currently find ourselves. I was thinking he was going to talk about diversifying the economy and reduce the dependence on oil instead he was talking about the money recovered from corruption. Must all your answer be about corruption. Baba better get a plan ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by appini: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
andyanders:
Only if Tinubu will allow him use the money he recovered. Tinubu is a smart and slippery character and can do anything to acquire wealth.Buhari should even be more careful with Tinubu as he can plan to do away with Buhari by k..... and now find a replacement that will give him way to embezzle money.

The first fight will be between both of them!
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Emma4Jesu(m): 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
DrBulalaa:
On a serious note that interview was not it...No clear cut plan on how to handle the economic mess we currently find ourselves. I was thinking he was going to talk about diversifying the economy and reduce the dependence on oil instead he was talking about the money recovered from corruption. Must all your answer be about corruption. Baba better get a plan ooo.

Nigeria does not have problem with diversifying the economy or reduction of dependance on oil nor neither improve on agriculture rather our problem and major one if CORRUPTION

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by harry509: 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
smurfy:
The interview was conducted by Christianne Amanpour. It ended at 7:30 pm of 1st April.

In the interview, Buhari refutes general allegations of not being a democrat stressing the fact that he'd followed due process in the past elections that he lost.

On how he planned to tackle economic challenges in the face of dwindling oil prices, the general stressed that the money saved from corruption and other avenues are enough to handle the country's economic challenges.
I pray 2 GOD hlp dis man 2 lead nigeria vry well.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Emma4Jesu(m): 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=appini post=32252632]Buhari said that Nigerians should give him at least 16years to tackle corruption in Nigeria.

[/quot

We should always pay attention to what our new change presido said and not to heat up polity
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by DrBulalaa(m): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
Emma4Jesu:

Nigeria does not have problem with diversifying the economy or reduction of dependance on oil nor neither improve on agriculture rather our problem and major one if CORRUPTION
Question wasn't what was Nigeria's problem. The Question was with the fall in Oil prices how do you intend to revamp Nigeria's economy (paraphrase)?...maybe you should have watched the interview. Btw, I voted GMB so this is nothing personal.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nicepoker(m): 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
FTC....chai. Dancing on GEJ's transformer. I've never achieved this before. Sign of good things to happen. On behalf of myself and my family, I dedicate this FTC achievement to the president-elect GMB/PYO.
mumu.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nicepoker(m): 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
FTC....chai. Dancing on GEJ's transformer. I've never achieved this before. Sign of good things to happen. On behalf of myself and my family, I dedicate this FTC achievement to the president-elect GMB/PYO.
mumu.....1
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Atyem(m): 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Money saved from corruption may not mean the sum that will be recovered from corrupt politicians alone but also money that will be realised by blocking numerous channels through which politicians syphon. He may also decide to cut down the cost of governance. He is a man of less talk but more action. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by DrBulalaa(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Atyem:
Money saved from corruption may not mean the sum that will be recovered from corrupt politicians alone but also money that will be realised by blocking numerous channels through which politicians syphon. He may also decide to cut down the cost of governance. He is a man of less talk but more action. God bless Nigeria
Now somebody finally talked some sense but I believe there should be other plans to tackle that issue. Letss give Baba time to settle down first, dem never even swear am In.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
shedyman:
How on earth will money saved from corruption raise the needed funds for a country?

Whilst I admit curbing corruption can save the country some funds but am at a loss as to how such sum will be enough to salvage the economic woes of a nation of 170 Million people.

Am still skeptically watching GBM on 3D, I just hope the masses made the right choice.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

'Gej till 2019' people don come againoo....How can you shut your eyes and expect to see the light?

How's what GMB said be any hard to understand. How's oil impacted the life of the majority to start with, how? our refineries are kaput, refined oil contractors milking out govt $billions, Our filling stations sell petrol at prices same as in developed countries.

In this country, 90% of social & infrastructure development funds dissapear because of corruption. Nigerian legislators earn the highes salary + benefits in the world. About $ 20 Billion dollars is lost in NNPC alone due to corruption. 400K barrels of oil is being stolen daily as we speak. Billions of Naira is wasted on ghost workers, need i go on...If these alone can be curtailed, and half of the funds is actually put to good use, we all would have been leaving in a highly prosperous Nigeria today.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Image123(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
DrBulalaa:

Buhari is not a speaker or much of a talker like say Obama, Fasola or some of our preachers. But trust me, he is intelligent, focused, result driver/n, and knows what he is doing.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by datacabal(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.
Texcoco:
[color=#1980BC] Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.
[/color]
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate. Highly spiritual
Sai Spiritual
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sucess001(m): 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bifwoli:
CNN interviews a former coup plotter and dictator who has morphed into a fake democrat.

Gen Buhari will turn out to be a big disappointment.

Chai....see Orubebe in the making....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Charlotte15: 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Money saved from corruption can definitely be used to wisely in the country. A lot of the holes through which money leaks from the country should be plugged and people will see this money being utilised for development. A lot of money is stolen in this country and I still shudder when I see the numbers from abacha's stolen loot. $400million dollars even in today's money will do so much. So yes, Buhari is right about utilising money from stolen loot. Al lot of money budgeted are not even used and end up in private pockets.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by amostt(m): 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
i believe u cannnnn
saii babo
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by skak(m): 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
BUHARI scored.....15,424,921.....

1+5+4+2+4+9+2+1= 28

Date of Election= March 28.....Coincidence??

No.........This is the Hand of GOD.

God has plans for Nigeria and he chooses Buhari to be the actor

please share.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Destiny4fame(m): 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
I jst pray dis decision doesn't come bak to haunt US.......A proud advocate of change...
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Destiny4fame(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=Texcoco post=32249970] Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate. [/quote.........U're suffering from Orubebetitis nd I wil Ozil U by recommendin jegaquin to U....Foolish worwor......

Sai babaaaa
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
all4naija:
grin grin grin grin grin. He is going to be the worst democratic president of Nigeria, ever!
hey dude. It's No.b.leval here smiley
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Bevista: 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigeria has a new president - get used to it! Things can never get worse than what it has been in the last 16 years.

Reincarnating your moniker from Ichidodo is a sign of cowardice.

Welcome to the New Nigeria!
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Olaolufred(m): 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
manck2:
[b][size=18pt]The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner...

Keep quiet, the law require buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast, in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, except if they have change the law.

So you are going to see people go to court over the issue.

the law requires the winner to have the following.

1. buhari most win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo Vs shagari under Justice Akinjide case) (reason why this law, is because of tribalism in nigeria.)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

If buhari does not have 1/3 of the total vote cast in a state in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, the result will be cancelled. And a run off would be call

So show me, the final result.

You have to look at the state Jonathan won, and see, if number 2 happen, this is the most important part, in nigeria election. except if they have change the law. but if the law is still the same.. you a person most have all this to be declare winner.

In the case of awolowo vs Shagari.

Awolowo won 5 state(ogun, ondo, lagos, oyo, bendle),
azikiwe won 4 state( anambra, imo, cross rivers, rivers),
waziri won 2 state borno and gongola.
Aminu kano won kano state.

When you add 5 + 4 + 2 + 1= 12 state.. of 19 state.

Shagari won just 7 states.. it is not required by law to win 2/3 of the state, but more of 1/3 of the total vote in 2/3 of the total states. And 1/3 of 2/3 of your closest rival state won.

This is why Orubabe may have been fighting jega.

To explain this following requirement

1. win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo/Akinjide/Shagari case)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

2. If Jonathan won 12 states.. Nigeria law requires buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast 8 states of those state Jonathan won.

If Jonathan won Benue, Imo, and rivers state.. Buhari is required by law to get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2 of this state.. May be imo or rivers or benue and imo.

3. This law means buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2/3 of the total state cast. meaning if there are 12 state in Nigeria.. buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 8 states of Nigeria.

Only 1 and 3 did buhari meet. So you dont have to congratulate anyone yet. There may be a run off of the election. if a court case is heard.[/size][/b]

[size=24pt]public display of ignorance cum illiteracy[/size]
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
loksman:
hey dude. It's No.b.leval here smiley
Hello, buddy! Where have you been?
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Bifwoli: 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:

Lol,true dat very true some voters didn't get the memo that Buhari is really bad choice with a dark past.

You can never turn a goat herder into a national leader.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
Charlotte15:
Money saved from corruption can definitely be used to wisely in the country. A lot of the holes through which money leaks from the country should be plugged and people will see this money being utilised for development. A lot of money is stolen in this country and I still shudder when I see the numbers from abacha's stolen loot. $400million dollars even in today's money will do so much. So yes, Buhari is right about utilising money from stolen loot. Al lot of money budgeted are not even used and end up in private pockets.
Talking-for-talking-sake looks like your talent. You are as dumb as duck! How long does it take to get the Abacha's stolen money from abroad? angry angry angry cry cry cry
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
all4naija:
Hello, buddy! Where have you been?
i've been around dear.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
loksman:
i've been around dear.
Oh! Really? What happened to your old Nairaland's account?
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by mickey45: 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
softapple:
i fear 4 d country

Nobi Only You My Brother.
I Pray We Dnt Regress Farther Than We Have Come But This Is Me Fearing What Hasn't Happened And Might Never Do.
And I Hope They'll Realize That Incarceration Is Far From The Antidote 2 Our Present Economic Malady

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okezie Ikpeazu Wears Aba-Made Cloth While Watching Football Match - Pictures / Col. K.E Elemele: Colonel Killed by Boko Haram, A Worthy Son Of The Niger Delta / Orji Uzo-Kalu Becomes President Of World Ship Owners Association (WSA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.