Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Marital Vice - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marital Vice (58162 Views)

MARITAL SHAMBLES (COMPLETED) / Pre-marital Sex; The Underestimated Evil. / Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Vice by Kunzu(m): 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Love d story
#waiting for d next update
Re: Marital Vice by Missmossy(f): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Tolu isn't a complete man at all, i just pity Deola and her baby. His mother such a pain in the neck, what could be her reason for this? If only she has a reason!

Beautiful piece Kizzykeziah, following grin
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Tina tapped on the front door again and brought out her phone ready to call Deola if she didn't come open the door. She was probably at work but it was almost five p.m. and she should at least be around. Scrolling through her phone, she dialed Deola's number only for her friend to show up from the back of the house holding a bucket with her son running in unstable steps after her.

" Seriously, Deola. What's up?" Tina asked her friend who exclaimed on sighting her,

" Chris! Wow, when did you get back from Abuja?" Deola threw her a hug and held her close for some seconds before letting her go.

" On Saturday. I thought I would check on my friend after resting for three days," Tina told her as she caught the boy and had to remark his resemblance to his father, " This one is Tolu jnr. original. Another would be a counterfeit," she remarked as they both walked into the house.

" Abi o," Deola said and dropped the bucket in front of the bathroom which was adjacent to the living room.

" I thought I won't meet you. Thought you would be at work at this time," Tina observed putting Niyi down and sitting.

" I don't work. Tolu asked me to stop after I got pregnant and he has a good job now. So..." Deola shrugged and also sat.

" So you are pregnant now," Tina took a quick look at her friend's tummy and had to open her mouth," .... just how old is this one?" She asked pointing at Niyi who had climbed up to his mum and put his head on her tummy.

" He would be two in August which is six months from now and I hope to have delivered by then. And don't mind the tummy, it won't show till I'm probably seven months," Deola told her friend who shook her head,

" Just when I'm getting preparing to get married, my friend wants to have a second child. Nawa o," Tina laughed.

" So how has Abuja been? Any minister's son to marry?" Deola got up to get a drink for Tina from the refrigerator by the dining table.

" They plenty o. I'm hooking one up soon, only that he is no minister's son. We are going to fix the wedding date soon. For now, I'm here in Lagos. Yours truly," Tina took the glass from Deola and poured the fruit juice in the glass herself.

" Hope nothing happened to your job," Deola asked as she heard Chris's last statement.

" Nope. I only got transferred to the head office in Ajah. And since you stay here in Ikoyi, I could try checking on you once a while," Tina sipped slowly and smiled.

" That would be great then," Deola stood beside her smiling. She could finally have her friend close by and confide in her, she thought.

---------------

Christina stared blankly at the television without her mind being there. She had been reminiscing on her discussion with Deola earlier. Her friend didn't seem happy after all and the happy image she had put in her head all this while was only a facade.

" God, I can't believe this is happening so soon, " Tina said to herself as she punched her fist in her palm, " I should have warned Deola earlier but how could I even do that?" She continued her soliloquy in regret.
She was pregnant for him already and telling her his mother was a freak would do little to prevent the union. Deola was a blind bride apparently and could only see the tricky fact that Tolu cared about her but in reality, he was only a mummy's boy who would be able to do nothing whenever his mum calls the shot.

Now it was beginning already. Ever since she had overhead the conversation at the wedding when Tolu's mum was scolding him for pulling through with the wedding, she had been feeling this surge of guilt within her for not telling Adeola. She felt like some evil friend especially now events would definitely begin to unfold.

Christina shrugged and stood up, " Deola would just have to live with it anyways. I will only pray she figures how to deal with it," she said to herself in hope.
She could only stay around for Deola now. That much she could manage as her friend, she thought and went to turn off the t.v. before leaving to sleep.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Missmossy:
Tolu isn't a complete man at all, i just pity Deola and her baby. His mother such a pain in the neck, what could be her reason for this? If only she has a reason!

Beautiful piece Kizzykeziah, following grin

I was also always wondering why the woman was such a pain in the neck sad. Anyway, thanks for following smiley
Kunzu:
Love d story
#waiting for d next update
Thanks and I've updated smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
stuff46:
lemme register my presence here first. Would come back later when am less busy to read. Skimpledawg and onemansquad, d9ty7, uthman51, kenwins, suxxman. I think you should try this.

You're bringing your 'crew' along. Thank you for the presence registry smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
-----------

" Mummy, don't worry so much. We would come to see you very soon," Deola promised not giving an exact date to her mother and finally hung up.

" Phew, that is why I don't call. Only if Tolu could be a little less strange and allow me ask him if I could go see my mum," she said to herself and put away the phone on the bedside locker. She tuck her son in and lay on the bed waiting for her husband to come home. He didn't say anything about where he was going or when he would be back and she was beginning to wonder if he was indeed beginning to change into the typical Nigerian husband who sheds his skin after marriage. She was still thinking when she fell asleep and didn't wake until almost one a.m. when she was roused by Tolu's hard knocks on the door.

Deola jumped off the bed and went to open the door for her husband who hissed as soon as she opened the door,

" Did you plan on locking me out or what?!" He shouted at her as she stepped out of his way, unable to take the alcohol stench steaming from his breath.

" Tolu, have you been drinking?" She had to ask again. Here was a man who once told her he thought all those who consumed alcohol heavily were irresponsible and didn't deserve good. What message was he now trying to get across to her by getting himself in that class, she thought.

Tolu sneered, " Why? Are you surprised?" He said and went into the toilet spending what seemed like forever in there.

" Tolu, we need to talk," she told him simply and stood in his way with her arms akimbo.

" I need to sleep so move out of my way," Tolu waved her away but she only stood straight in front of him.

" I'm not moving anywhere, Tolu. You are changing and I can't place why. Something is terribly wrong and you are not letting me on it. Why am I your wife if you are going to keep anything from me? For God's sake, I took up the responsibility of this family when you lost your job and you plan on paying me like this....." She said to him trying to stir up some kind of emotion in him but only got cut off,

" And whose fault was it that I had lost my job in the first place!" He barked at her taking her aback,

" What?!" Deola exclaimed.
" You want to take credit for a little favor you claim to have done for me but my eyes are getting clearer now. Because of you, the whole family is against me and you still have guts to act crybaby each day I get back, eh? Well Adeola, I am sick and tired of all these so move out of my way," he stated and pushed her aside roughly walking straight into the other bedroom which served as the visitor's room to sleep. He wasn't ready to get 'weak' again because of her. Kay's advice seemed like the best option he could take now, he told himself.

Adeola couldn't believe her ears. She wasn't sure what they had been feeding her husband outside that house but it was definitely working on him. At least, it was beginning to have an epic effect in putting them apart.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
tescoleps:
Nice storyline.... Following.
Thanks, ma'am and the storyline is just as real as it gets cool
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
folake25:
I hope frônt seat is still available for me o. Cos i no wan miss anything. Thanks for the mention kizzy

Front seat is definitely available for you wink
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Uthman51:
cool

I hope you don't mind taking the shades off cool
Re: Marital Vice by Uthman51(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Poor deola..

*Speechless*
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Just to remind you guys that I need your votes here as best newcomer of the month.
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/61

So if you think I deserve best newcomer of the month. Just do me the favour of voting. Thanks in advance smiley smiley
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Glad to have my namesake here cool
Make pleasure ma'am
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Just to remind you guys that I need your votes here as best newcomer of the month.
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/61

So if you think I deserve best newcomer of the month. Just do me the favour of voting. Thanks in advance smiley smiley
You surely deserve it ma'am
But those nominators yen got me Hanging ooo, I have two surest buddy on that new comer list

Anyways, we will find something to do about that Before the time runs out
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
Today is VanTee20's birthday and Kitnah's too. Two April babies in the house cool So happy, happy, happy birthday! smiley

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
---Chapter three---

" When will Tolu be back?" Tayo asked Deola glancing at the clock. He had been around for nearly two hours expecting his friend to be at home since it was Sunday but now he wasn't sure he would meet his friend during his visit to Lagos. He was returning to Ibadan that evening and hoped to see Tolu before he left.

Deola simply shrugged as she cleared the plates she had served him in, " I don't know," she said and went into the kitchen.

" Why? Did he go somewhere far?" He asked again surprised by her tone a little.

" I really don't know," Deola told him as she returned to the living room and sat on the sofa opposite him.

" How is that possible? He didn't tell you when he would be back? I need to see him before I leave for Ibadan," Tayo continued unaware of what was ensuing in the family.

" Call him and ask where he is," Deola suggested standing up to slap Niyi's hand really hard as he went to the wall socket tugging at wires.
Niyi quickly looked up about to cry but held his lips seeing his mum's expression. Even the kid knew when to shut up especially with his sweet mum's new attitude.

" You didn't have to hit him that hard," Tayo said noticing her different attitude.
" If he gets electrocuted, then I'll become the irresponsible mother. I'd rather slap him hard now," She simply told him.

" Easy, Deola. What is up?" Tayo was finally convinced something was wrong.

" Nothing," she replied curtly. Tayo was Tolu's friend and they were obviously going to be made of the same feathers. No use telling him his friend was a jerk.

" I think I know you well enough to notice when something is going wrong. You mind telling me?" He sat up and clasped his hands ready to listen.

" I've told you everything is fine. And don't you think you should leave early if you want to make it to Bodija before dark. It's already 3p.m." Deola started hoping to get rid of him. None of them could be trustworthy. All her other friends had stopped coming since Tolu lost his job the other time and might probably think of returning now that he was more comfortable much to her own discomfort. She wasn't ready to trust any one of them especially if they had anything to do with her husband.

Tayo smiled, " You want to get rid of me? Well, I don't plan on leaving till you let me on what is going on," he stated as Deola sighed and shook her head.
Re: Marital Vice by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Today is VanTee20's birthday and Kitnah's too. Two April babies in the house cool So happy, happy, happy birthday! smiley

Thank you,gf smiley
Re: Marital Vice by VanTee20(m): 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. I really appreciate this smiley.
Re: Marital Vice by Kedam(m): 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
Still following.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ahem.....we've got a little problem here guys. I don't know what it's called but I can't type a thing since yesterday and I swear I don't understand myself.
I tried again just now and there is simply nothing to put down. I just played around with the keypad of my phone and......

Ogas at the top and everyone, please help o. I don't know who I've offended that is punishing me like this eh sad

And I know what to write, only that it's not coming off my thumbs. Would be glad if anyone can decipher what's wrong and any possible solution.

For now, I'm just going to sleep.
Re: Marital Vice by SexySapphire(f): 9:07am On Apr 06, 2015
Babe, I'm here already. I trust this one is also going to make a whole lot of sense. Lemme goan read it, will be back to comment properly.

Now done reading and I'm impressed with the way you started. Well done. I think the problem is writer's block, just take ur time and it will come to u in time.
Modified

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by tescoleps(f): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Ahem.....we've got a little problem here guys. I don't know what it's called but I can't type a thing since yesterday and I swear I don't understand myself.
I tried again just now and there is simply nothing to put down. I just played around with the keypad of my phone and......

Ogas at the top and everyone, please help o. I don't know who I've offended that is punishing me like this eh sad

And I know what to write, only that it's not coming off my thumbs. Would be glad if anyone can decipher what's wrong and any possible solution.

For now, I'm just going to sleep.

Don't be scared dear, i think its called writer's block. It happens at times.. Maybe u'r distracted or stressed or sumtin. Its only temporary....
Re: Marital Vice by stuff46(m): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2015
You will get over it, you just need time to cool off.

You always doing us proud with this work, more MB to your phone. cheesy
Re: Marital Vice by D9ty7(m): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2015
Writers block they call it. It happens, but don't let that discourage you. Cool off for a while and you'll be good to continue, more refreshed with fresher ideas.
By the way, you are doing a very good job here.
Re: Marital Vice by kaboninc(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2015
the typical Nigerian husband who sheds
his skin after marriage.

Really

Am following you ohhhh.

Beautiful story by the way and sorry about the block. You'll get around it.
Re: Marital Vice by SexySapphire(f): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
I think I'm stressed up a little. Got a lot on my mind but I'd get over it very very soon if I can keep with the ten-hour daily sleep I started yesterday, lol.
And with you guys there, I'm definitely going to be over it sooner than later.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
kaboninc:

Really

Am following you ohhhh.

Beautiful story by the way and sorry about the block. You'll get around it.
Yeah, really. 80% of them are like that and it's just too bad angry
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
SexySapphire:
Babe, I'm here already. I trust this one is also going to make a whole lot of sense. Lemme goan read it, will be back to comment properly.
Now done reading and I'm impressed with the way you started. Well done. I think the problem is writer's block, just take ur time and it will come to u in time.
Modified

I'm really happy that you're here now smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
tescoleps:

Don't be scared dear, i think its called writer's block. It happens at times.. Maybe u'r distracted or stressed or sumtin. Its only temporary....

Yeah, you got it right. I pray too o...
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
stuff46:
You will get over it, you just need time to cool off.
You always doing us proud with this work, more MB to your phone. cheesy
I'm definitely going to cool off and I will need the MB for my phone too.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
D9ty7:
Writers block they call it. It happens, but don't let that discourage you. Cool off for a while and you'll be good to continue, more refreshed with fresher ideas.
By the way, you are doing a very good job here.
Boss, thank you sir smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kaboninc(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Yeah, really. 80% of them are like that and it's just too bad angry

Hmmmm

That's a general statement.

And it should cut across all races.

Still I disagree with you.

But for your story, well its your own creation.

Moreover, I think it should be the Nigerian women.

Even you story never gave any hint of the Nigerian man (Tolu) having some weird character, rather it came as a result of his mum's stand.

So his true colour was never changed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.